Hurricanes, Panthers
Happy Philadelphia 76Ers GIF by NBA

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s Jokic, come on.

Denver without him are probably last in the West. Then look at his numbers. Then watch him basically dominate every game.

I fully expect Embiid to win it if Philly finish in the top 4 of the east. He is having a career year though so it’s not a terrible decision.

But Jokic is clearly the MVP imo.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
It’s Jokic, come on.

Denver without him are probably last in the West. Then look at his numbers. Then watch him basically dominate every game.

I fully expect Embiid to win it if Philly finish in the top 4 of the east. He is having a career year though so it’s not a terrible decision.

But Jokic is clearly the MVP imo.
Jokic would be a deserving winner, but Philly are a lottery team without Embiid, his ppm are off the charts.

They are both doing insane carry jobs, neither is a clear MVP

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Jokic would be a deserving winner, but Philly are a lottery team without Embiid, his ppm are off the charts.

They are both doing insane carry jobs, neither is a clear MVP
Embiid has been great but without him I reckon Philly still do ok. They have more help with guys like Seth Curry, Harris, Drummond, Niang, Maxey, Korkmaz, Danny Green. (pre-trade)

I reckon the Nuggest are pretty trash with MPJ and Murray out and if Jokic were not to play.

Barton, Morris, Green, Gordon, Rivers, Bones, Campazzo.... that's not gonna get you many win in this league.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Embiid has been great but without him I reckon Philly still do ok. They have more help with guys like Seth Curry, Harris, Drummond, Niang, Maxey, Korkmaz, Danny Green. (pre-trade)

I reckon the Nuggest are pretty trash with MPJ and Murray out and if Jokic were not to play.

Barton, Morris, Green, Gordon, Rivers, Bones, Campazzo.... that's not gonna get you many win in this league.
Green is pretty washed, Kork very average.

Neither of those rosters are making the play offs with out the star, like I said Jokic is a very deserving winner. But he is not a clear winner, those two are very neck and neck.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Green is pretty washed, Kork very average.

Neither of those rosters are making the play offs with out the star, like I said Jokic is a very deserving winner. But he is not a clear winner, those two are very neck and neck.
Oh I'm not saying it isnt close. Giannis has a bit claim too.

Giannis, Jokic and Embiid are all locked in a big battle. Interesting that all three are not from the US either.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Oh I'm not saying it isnt close. Giannis has a bit claim too.

Giannis, Jokic and Embiid are all locked in a big battle. Interesting that all three are not from the US either.
No argument here, Giannis is being heavily disregarded just because he has been this good for 4 years now.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
No argument here, Giannis is being heavily disregarded just because he has been this good for 4 years now.
I reckon Embiid gets it because Giannis already has two and will suffer from voter fatigue and Jokic too winning last year will also suffer from voter fatigue.

Which I hate. Jordan should 7-8 MVP's but has 5 because of voter fatigue.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Saying "If player x is off a team they are a lottery team" is pretty silly MVP argument. There's like 10 players you can say that about.

Warriors were the worst team in the league without Curry. Doesn't mean he's the MVP.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Saying "If player x is off a team they are a lottery team" is pretty silly MVP argument. There's like 10 players you can say that about.

Warriors were the worst team in the league without Curry. Doesn't mean he's the MVP.

Did you miss the part where Klay didn’t play that year either and Dray only played 43 games? 🥴

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Did you miss the part where Klay didn’t play that year either and Dray only played 43 games? 🥴

Klay has played 17 games out of 65 games this year at 75% Klay at best and Draymond has played 34 of the 60 games (57% of the games) compared to 43 out of 65 games in 2019 (66% of the games).

So, no, not really missing anything.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Klay has played 17 games out of 65 games this year at 75% Klay at best and Draymond has played 34 of the 60 games (57% of the games) compared to 43 out of 65 games in 2019 (66% of the games).

So, no, not really missing anything.
You said the Warriors were without Curry, but it wasn’t just Curry it was Curry, Klay and Draymond.

Also if you look at the Warriors record this year since Green went down it isn’t great.

Theres no wrong answer right now. Even the ranking I use has them all grouped together within 1 or 2 wins of each other, which is a bit unusual.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
You said the Warriors were without Curry, but it wasn’t just Curry it was Curry, Klay and Draymond.

Also if you look at the Warriors record this year since Green went down it isn’t great.

Draymond played a greater percentage of games that year than this year, and Klay has only been back for a short time playing only okay.

They're 13-8 since Draymond went down. At that pace they would be the 4th seed in the West.

Anyway, none of this changes my initial point that there are a lot of teams that would suck if you took out their best player.

Curry
Luka
LeBron
Joker
Embiid
GA
Tatum
Durant
Cole Anthony

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Morant? MVP level game today.
Would think Harden's addition will strengthen Embiid's credentials in terms of wins, stats etc.. Clear favourite.
Morant deserves and honourable mention but I would have him 5th at best at the moment, probably 6th.

Dr Rockso

Debutant
Oct 22, 2007
CityEnd
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers
Does anyone else have Jokic in their fantasy nba team? He has single handedly carried my team multiple times. I’m leading the league but I wouldn’t be in the same position if I had Doncic/Giannis. That dime to Jeff Green today was poetry in motion.

Back