NBA MVP talk

Who the 2022 NBA MVP?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This one goes out to all the clowns - Nick Wrong, Kendrick Jerkins and all the Embiid riders who want to talk about play-off performance.

Player A
Points - 31
Rebounds - 13.2
Assists - 5.8
Steals - 1.6
Blocks - 1
FG - 61/106 @ 57.5%
3PT - 5/18 @ 27.8%

Free Throws - 28/33 @ 84.5%
% points as FT's - 18.1%

Player B
Points - 22.6
Rebounds - 10.7
Assists - 3.1
Steals - 0.4
Blocks - 0.8
FG - 78/161 @ 48.4%
3PT - 7/33 @ 21.2%

Free Throws - 73/89 @ 82%
% points as FT's - 32.3%

This one goes out to all the clowns - Nick Wrong, Kendrick Jerkins and all the Embiid riders who want to talk about play-off performance.

Player A
Points - 31
Rebounds - 13.2
Assists - 5.8
Steals - 1.6
Blocks - 1
FG - 61/106 @ 57.5%
3PT - 5/18 @ 27.8%

% points as FT's - 18.1%

Player B
Points - 22.6
Rebounds - 10.7
Assists - 3.1
Steals - 0.4
Blocks - 0.8
FG - 78/161 @ 48.4%
3PT - 7/33 @ 21.2%

Free Throws - 73/89 @ 82%
% points as FT's - 32.3%
He played one series and it was against a team with close to the worst bigs in the league.

He played one series and it was against a team with close to the worst bigs in the league.

Ah yes, because player B went up against heavyweights like Khem Birch, Precious Achiuwa and Chris Boucher in the first series.

Player A did it with zero help.

Meanwhile player B had Harden, Harris and Maxey. All three would have been Player A's second best player.

Ah yes, because player B went up against heavyweights like Khem Birch, Precious Achiuwa and Chris Boucher in the first series.

Player A did it with zero help.

Meanwhile player B had Harden, Harris and Maxey. All three would have been Player A's second best player.
He also went up against Bam, one of the best defensively players in the league. He also had an injured hand and an injured face. But sure go off

He also went up against Bam, one of the best defensively players in the league. He also had an injured hand and an injured face. But sure go off

Was hoping you'd come back with this, I just knew you would.

Let's just compare the first series then:

Player A
Points - 31
Rebounds - 13.2
Assists - 5.8
Steals - 1.6
Blocks - 1
FG - 61/106 @ 57.5%
3PT - 5/18 @ 27.8%

% points as FT's - 18.1%

Player B
Points - 24.5
Rebounds - 11.3
Assists - 2.33
Steals - 0.33
Blocks - 0.83
FG - 52/100 @ 52%
3PT - 4/21 @ 19%

Free Throws - 49/59 @ 83.1%
% points as FT's - 33.3%

You are acting like people don’t rate Jokic, it is fine to think he is a top 2/3/4 player in the league but not the best!

Actually I'm not, he's obviously rated. We are talking about the best of the best players in the league ATM. And I take exception to the talking heads that are clearly out of touch.

For the record, you just can't argue with the Freak. But everyone else can get in line.

Actually I'm not, he's obviously rated. We are talking about the best of the best players in the league ATM. And I take exception to the talking heads that are clearly out of touch.

For the record, you just can't argue with the Freak. But everyone else can get in line.

Like this is funny because the talking heads that rate Embiid over Jokic talk about how counting stats are not a great measuring stick over actually watching the games.

And all you've done is pluck a set stats from two completely different series' to make a gotcha moment? Like, grab a Jordan series to make your point more loudly if that's all you're gonna do.

Like this is funny because the talking heads that rate Embiid over Jokic talk about how counting stats are not a great measuring stick over actually watching the games.

And all you've done is pluck a set stats from two completely different series' to make a gotcha moment? Like, grab a Jordan series to make your point more loudly if that's all you're gonna do.

Yeah, silly me for thinking that key stats like points, rebounds, assists, shooting percentage, etc. actually mean anything.

Like this is funny that you thought you were being clever by posting that. What irony.

Yeah, silly me for thinking that key stats like points, rebounds, assists, shooting percentage, etc. actually mean anything.

Like this is funny that you thought you were being clever by posting that. What irony.

A terrible crime that Player B didn't average more than Player A in a series Player B won in 6, and Player A lost in 5. What irony!

As someone who actually watches the games, can confirm the stats back up the eye test ✅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who actually watches the games, can confirm the stats back up the eye test ✅

Terrific, so if you still find the need to make everyone think he's the better player how bout explaining what he actually does - how offensively skilled he is to make his teammates better, where he's improved defensively to keep him honest on that end of the court etc. instead of sounding like you're defending Russ' MVP season.

Like you want to bang on about how s**t his teammates were without mentioning that it's obviously going to mean his numbers will be stacked because no one is taking those from him.

The eye test when they last went head to head showed a pretty one sided win to Embiid. Almost as if both are elite players and a case could be made for both

Luka, Embiid, KD also in that discussion for best after Giannis

Terrific, so if you still find the need to make everyone think he's the better player how bout explaining what he actually does - how offensively skilled he is to make his teammates better, where he's improved defensively to keep him honest on that end of the court etc. instead of sounding like you're defending Russ' MVP season.

Like you want to bang on about how s**t his teammates were without mentioning that it's obviously going to mean his numbers will be stacked because no one is taking those from him.

He won last season too with similar lines and a healthier roster....

I don't feel the need to justify his greatness, just a bit sad the level of undermining people are doing to a humble, B2B MVP.

He won last season too with similar lines and a healthier roster....

I don't feel the need to justify his greatness, just a bit sad the level of undermining people are doing to a humble, B2B MVP.
No, just a lot of Nugget fans have some victim complex that doesn’t quite rate Jokic the same level is the end of the world. He is a superstar, and one of the absolute best players in the league. Along with a few others at a very similar level.

No, just a lot of Nugget fans have some victim complex that doesn’t quite rate Jokic the same level is the end of the world. He is a superstar, and one of the absolute best players in the league. Along with a few others at a very similar level.

That's a fair enough comment, though I think most of that stems from the fact BOTH of his MVPs have been diminished for different reasons. Some people straight up refuse to recognise how good he is.

That's a fair enough comment, though I think most of that stems from the fact BOTH of his MVPs have been diminished for different reasons. Some people straight up refuse to recognise how good he is.
I will agree with that, I think Giannis copped it to some degree until recently (maybe not the same extent).

Do think it is important to pay attention to certain media members more than others thought, Nick Wright for example is a character. Like the Skips.

Think Jokic was disrespected last year, but I think most serious NBA reporters came around to just how great he is!

Depends on the amount of help, we will see next year. With a fully fit MPJ and Murray the expectations should be a title
I dont think title should be the expectation, Murray coming back from a big injury and MPJ is still figuring himself out in this league. A deep playoff run should be the goal. We dont know how Murray is going to come back, he was a borderline All Star before the injury and building, can he get back to those levels and exceed them.

Jokic v Embiid isnt the argument for me.

Jokic was clear enough MVP for me.

I had more trouble seperating Embiid and Giannis for the silver.

Back