NBA Playoffs 2015 - the Wild, Wild Western Conference (come and get 2 pts closer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good job from the Rox. I too tipped the Clips, but tipping them doesnt mean I gave them 'no chance'.

And no one bagged the Rox for grabbing Smith. Pretty much every playoff team with the space / role available wanted him. They got a talented player for free.

Yeah no doubt, they are favourites 100%. Ive got them in 6.

Agree with this, i want us to put Ariza onto Curry a lot also, and maybe have brewer chasing Klay around screens.

If the Warriors win both the games on their home court i rekon we are toast
half the reason we got into the series was because we took ariza of CP3 and put him on JJ.

i would do the same thinking and completely shut out clay by putting ariza on him.

start terry on curry as his defence and pressure is way up since the playoffs started, harden on iggy/barnes and make then be the ones to shoot us out of the series

Those Houston wins was when Jordan was playing baseball.... They firmly have a * next to them ;)
go check the stats, the bulls could never beat us when we had dream. thats a FACT, the whole notion that we wouldn't of beaten the bulls is BS.

half the reason we got into the series was because we took ariza of CP3 and put him on JJ.

i would do the same thinking and completely shut out clay by putting ariza on him.

start terry on curry as his defence and pressure is way up since the playoffs started, harden on iggy/barnes and make then be the ones to shoot us out of the series

Actually your probably right, Klay being shut out would go a long way to us upsetting the Warriors. I think Terry has been excellent on D most of the playoffs, Curry is a different beast though. I think we need to rotate many different defenders through him, try and make him uncomfortable.

Actually your probably right, Klay being shut out would go a long way to us upsetting the Warriors. I think Terry has been excellent on D most of the playoffs, Curry is a different beast though. I think we need to rotate many different defenders through him, try and make him uncomfortable.
I'm still not sold on brewer as an on ball defender in this series, almost have more conifence in terry being a sound defender and reliable.

bev wouldn't of been as effective as many think, this year was terrible on PnR defence post his knee surgery last year

Start Terry on Curry and GSW will (or at least should) counter with a heavy diet of Bogut/Green and Curry pick and roll. You dont necessarily need speed to be able to force your way over the pick against Curry, but Mike Conley is an absolute master at that, something Terry and his 37 year old legs dont quite have the lateral quickness for anymore. Bogut is a master of the dubiously legal screen to make it even tougher. Brewer will probably have the same trouble tbh, but younger legs and length will be able to help him. Its where you guys really miss Beverly - altho as you point out, his pnr defense hasnt been that great of late

I like the idea of at least trying to shut down Klay, and think that Ariza is a great option as you can hide Harden off the ball on Iggy to some extent and use him to help off on passing lanes.

If Curry beats you so be it, just contest as many looks as possible without fouling... easier said than done, but hey

go check the stats, the bulls could never beat us when we had dream. thats a FACT, the whole notion that we wouldn't of beaten the bulls is BS.

you seem really grumpy. the world is not against you.

fwiw in MJ's first season back they beat Houston twice, both by double figures.

also fwiw I agree with you that it was unlikely the Bulls would have won 5 in a row.

haha wow the lack of respect for houston is mind boggling. The Warriors may well win comfortably, but to say we are without a chance is just plain wrong.

i dont think anyone is saying houston is without a chance. warriors slightly ahead, based on curry and the fact that they have an aussie playing for them. center battle is pivotal, and tasty indeed.

i hate it when people say team A has no chance. when a game is played between 2 teams in any sport, both teams always have a chance. its basic logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find westy is just taking the piss.... And is firmly entrenched on the warriors bandwagon (and has been for a year)

Game 1 is a write off IMO, sure go for the win, but if it gets out of hand don't be afraid to go to the bench late.

Game 2 is the one for Houston to really target.

I'd like to see a lot of brewer on curry

so what you're saying is that you'd like some brewed curry

Yeah no doubt, they are favourites 100%. Ive got them in 6.

If the Warriors win both the games on their home court i rekon we are toast

one thing that counts in your favour is playoff experience in conference finals. you got terry, ariza. but then again you have prigioni who's got the knicks disease.

you seem really grumpy. the world is not against you.

fwiw in MJ's first season back they beat Houston twice, both by double figures.

also fwiw I agree with you that it was unlikely the Bulls would have won 5 in a row.

i had to check too. it wouldnt have surprised me if hakeems rockets always beat the jordan bulls, but on the flip side the finding wasnt unexpected.

id love to watch those games again. jod23

And if that little Utah midget in the footy shorts didn't hit THAT three (off the most illegal screen of all time), we would've had a chance to prove it.

A Bulls v Rockets finals series in 97 would've been the ultimate.

F**king Stockton.

wut? i cant see anything

you're * ;)
fixed it, first time didn't work, its a list of historic and big games since the 60's all on YOUTUBE and easy to find the games u want

It's all a lot of if's and but's when you talk about the two season when Jordan retired.

Jordan never had problems beating dominant bigmen. Ewing, Shaq, Malone, Kemp, Barkley if you wanna call him a bigman among his many victims.

Do I think Jordan would have beaten the Rockets those two years. Absolutely.

Lol clippers will always be crap.

Screenshot_2014-05-15-23-20-562.jpg

Did Rox only have Dream for the years that Jordan was playing Baseball?
we didn't play in the east playoffs……………..

we only played them twice a year…………….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back