NBA Playoffs 2015 - the Wild, Wild Western Conference (come and get 2 pts closer)

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont understand this exchange

Bulls fans living in the past.

subtletroll2.png

you seem really grumpy. the world is not against you.

fwiw in MJ's first season back they beat Houston twice, both by double figures.

also fwiw I agree with you that it was unlikely the Bulls would have won 5 in a row.

Actually Jordan's first season back the Rockets won the title.

dewah07 said:
he's saying why didn't we win the title when jordan was in the league, and i responded by saying we didn't have a chance to knock MJ out of the playoffs because we are in the west and never got the opportunity

but you get the chance if you and they make the finals

haha wow the lack of respect for houston is mind boggling. The Warriors may well win comfortably, but to say we are without a chance is just plain wrong.

You realise most are just saying that to stir a fellow supporter right?

Of course Houston are very capable.

Yeah outside of the first game they seem to have had your number comfortably, although I don't put much stock into regular season results when it comes to this time of year.

Yes I foresee alot of niggle and jawing between Dwight and Bogey, Dwight had a great series his defence was back to top-notch. Dwight has to keep his cool as Bogey will give him a few hard ones.

Didn't watch much Rockets, anything you guys are doing different gameplan wise since the last match-up that could be a factor, or is just a matter of role players stepping up more?

Not sure. Properly healthy Howard improves us and the extra time Smith and Brewer have had to fit in. Still going to be hard, how well Harden wants to play defense could be another factor.

Also not sure why people get upset about us not getting picked. For sure some clearly have it out for us, I mean some had us missing the playoffs at the start of the season. I'm happy to be underdog, less to lose and more ammo to throw at the hacks when we win.

Finally the asterisk again our championships? Please. Jordan played second one and if we're gonna make excuses you could do that for a lot. Is this year asteriked because of the Thunders injuries?

Not sure. Properly healthy Howard improves us and the extra time Smith and Brewer have had to fit in. Still going to be hard, how well Harden wants to play defense could be another factor.

Also not sure why people get upset about us not getting picked. For sure some clearly have it out for us, I mean some had us missing the playoffs at the start of the season. I'm happy to be underdog, less to lose and more ammo to throw at the hacks when we win.

Finally the asterisk again our championships? Please. Jordan played second one and if we're gonna make excuses you could do that for a lot. Is this year asteriked because of the Thunders injuries?

yeah i agree mate. why people in the world get upset because their team isnt tipped or favoured to win. its an OPINION! it shits me when people (in any sport) complain that experts arent tipping them to win, and when they lose the person/poster/whoever goes missing and doesnt given credit to the expert for their tip

as for being underdogs, i dont think mchale and the boys reckon that's the case. i reckon they're brimming with confidence and can see themselves winning.

this year is asterixed because kobe, nick young, steve nash all on the IR for a long time

A Pistons mate texted me earlier to say "you're welcome" for Josh Smith.

I'm still in a bit of shock over here. Who would've thought inserting Smith back into the starting lineup would work so well...

With a fair amount of trepidation I think he can provide GSW with a few headaches if he keeps up this level of play.

A Pistons mate texted me earlier to say "you're welcome" for Josh Smith.

I'm still in a bit of shock over here. Who would've thought inserting Smith back into the starting lineup would work so well...

With a fair amount of trepidation I think he can provide GSW with a few headaches if he keeps up this level of play.

smith is like s johnson from geelong cats fc. x-factor. a man of his talent and size should tear it up. if he gets his stroke going watch out!!

you tipped clippers didnt you?

smith is like s johnson from geelong cats fc. x-factor. a man of his talent and size should tear it up. if he gets his stroke going watch out!!

you tipped clippers didnt you?
Yeah I had no confidence (esp 1-3 down). They've been a huge bogey side for us lately. Similarly I don't think we'll beat the Dubs, but who knows. This series win will be huge for our confidence and belief. Weirder things have happened (like us beating LA for example).

On J Smoov, it was like watching a different player. Even today he was just strolling about the court with supreme confidence. Looked every bit the potential player he can be...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I had no confidence (esp 1-3 down). They've been a huge bogey side for us lately. Similarly I don't think we'll beat the Dubs, but who knows. This series win will be huge for our confidence and belief. Weirder things have happened (like us beating LA for example).

some people hated tipsters selecting the clips for the win.

i think teh series will be closer than people think.

On J Smoov, it was like watching a different player. Even today he was just strolling about the court with supreme confidence. Looked every bit the potential player he can be...

bolded bit sums it up.

If he continues to utilize his passing skills, which he is quite good at, instead of taking the contested jumpers/poor shots and sticking to the wide open chances and driving he'll continue to be a factor I think.

If he continues to utilize his passing skills, which he is quite good at, instead of taking the contested jumpers/poor shots and sticking to the wide open chances and driving he'll continue to be a factor I think.

The Rockets won Game 6 through contested Smoove 3's...

Conflicted :p

The Rockets won Game 6 through contested Smoove 3's...

Conflicted :p

As PN mentioned if he finds it, look out as we've seen a couple of items now late in the season and post season.

However there's been more examples of successful stretches where he's utilized his passing game.

He's finds his range on top of it and it's all gravy.

As PN mentioned if he finds it, look out as we've seen a couple of items now late in the season and post season.

However there's been more examples of successful stretches where he's utilized his passing game.

He's finds his range on top of it and it's all gravy.

Interestingly... Smith had more assists in Detroit this season than in Houston :p

Altho his TS% is well up, mostly due to a 9% rise in 3pt%... not surprising given he's shifted to the PF. Most other per 36 stats are reasonably similar, a few more fouls, less blocks etc but then he's playing at the 4 so its not unexpected

Interestingly... Smith had more assists in Detroit this season than in Houston :p

Altho his TS% is well up, mostly due to a 9% rise in 3pt%... not surprising given he's shifted to the PF. Most other per 36 stats are reasonably similar, a few more fouls, less blocks etc but then he's playing at the 4 so its not unexpected

Stretches. Never mentioned he did it often enough.

When he had abit of shot going and forced defensive attention the 4/5 pick and roll with Dwight destroyed the last part of the Mavs heart, the part Rondo left.

If Bogey gets in foul trouble I could see it doing damage again, might test Pepsi Max's metal a little bit too.

FYI... current sportsbet odds for the series Look2Me4Guidance

Golden State Warriors 4-0 4.85
Houston Rockets 4-0 68.00
Golden State Warriors 4-1 2.74
Houston Rockets 4-1 39.00
Golden State Warriors 4-2 5.05
Houston Rockets 4-2 12.00
Golden State Warriors 4-3 4.70
Houston Rockets 4-3 18.50

FYI... current sportsbet odds for the series Look2Me4Guidance

Golden State Warriors 4-0 4.85
Houston Rockets 4-0 68.00
Golden State Warriors 4-1 2.74
Houston Rockets 4-1 39.00
Golden State Warriors 4-2 5.05
Houston Rockets 4-2 12.00
Golden State Warriors 4-3 4.70
Houston Rockets 4-3 18.50

No Warriors in 4 or 5 option?

haven't played the Warriors in 4 months and we haven't had this Dwight or Brewer to come off the bench

Going to be a great series, just wish we had a full squad to go at them with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back