NBA Week 16 - Like sands through the hourglass

Who will LeBron trade before the All-star break?

• D-Lo

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Austin Reaves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darvin Ham

• Panthro

• LeBron

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you trade for this year or plan for next. If Valaciunas doesn’t want to stay then it’s a good trade to make. Think Pels can still make a move for a C later on down the track

Depends on a few things.

The biggest problem, apart from creating a roster imbalance this season, is that Murray's contract is about to get a lot more expensive. $28.5 mil per for the next four years is not exorbitant, but it's a hefty bump from the $18 mil he's currently making.

On the other hand, Val's price isn't likely to be increasing any time soon. And if we replace him in the offseason, I doubt any big we'd bring in would be making anything close to $28 mil.

Then you have to factor in that we'd have to replace Val on top of Murray's cap bump, which means that instead of Val's current $15 mil rate, we'd be paying probably $35-40 mil per for Murray + Val's eventual replacement.

On top of that, we have to start planning for our own future free agents. Ingram's OOC in 18 months. Trey Murphy and Alvardo will both be due a significant pay raise in 18 months themselves. Naji's OOC this off-season. Nance is also 18 months away.

All told, I just can't see how we can shoe-horn in a fourth player making near enough $30 mil per on top of Zion, Ingram and McCollum. Murray's nice, but he's probably not worth both creating roster imbalance in the short term as well as blowing up our cap in the medium term.

We've also been linked to Jarrett Allen. Not in the sense that it's realistic or that the Cavs would actually sell, just that we covet him. Now that's the kind of deal I COULD see us making. Allen's skillset is just as much a need as is Murray's, if not bigger. However even more importantly he's locked into a cost-controlled contract, and we'd be replacing positional like for like, even if he and Val are totally different kinds of players.

I'm sure we're doing due diligence on Murray, but IMO there's too much risk making that deal, for now. Just my 2 cents.

Klay Thompson says he has "accepted" the role of not closing out games and playing that new role. The game before he kicked the bench and refused to talk to Steph/Dray for the whole 2nd half during timeouts.

If thats acceptance im curious what his hissyfit looks like

Thats why id trade Klay and not Wiggins. Klay isnt professional. Wiggins still is and is working his way through his struggles

So a guys not allowed to be upset when he's playing poorly and upset he's not helping his team?

I can't imagine Klay is a vocal guy on the bench anyway and interesting to know how much spare time you have to watch what is happening during every time out in the second half.

Last edited:

More or less shows that Kawhi Leonard is a very poor judge of talent in that he thought SGA wasn’t that guy and that PG was

Not quite as bad as Jock Landales call of “Ayton is better then Sengun” however

For those playing at home SGA was 11/3/3 rookie when the trade was made and didn't even make the all rookie team.

But I'm sure you saw that he was better than PG, the 28 year old that just finished 3rd in the MVP entering his prime.

The thunder have obtained Gordon Hayward. Tre I’m a man Mann and bertens go the other way. The thunder clearly are going all in

The sizers land some shooting in the mould of cam Payne and buddy field. But they lost morris.

Bojan Bogdanović and Alec Burks have been traded from the Detroit Pistons to the New York Knicks in exchange for Quentin Grimes, Malachi Flynn, Evan Fournier, Ryan Arcidiacono and two second-round picks

Royce oneal is a sun. It’s expected watsnabe will find his way to Memphis.

P.J. Washington Traded to Mavericks from Hornets for Grant Williams, Seth Curry

Schroeder for dinwiddie

Circa 2019 bigfooty fan favourite Richaun Holmes goes to nba purgatory in exchange of gafford

Utah fan favourite olynk is heading to Toronto.

Shame Milton is sad to be heading to Detroit. Monte morris couldn’t be happier landing in minny

The Detroit Pistons agreed to acquire Simone Fontecchio from the Utah Jazz on Wednesday in exchange for Kevin Knox, a 2024 second-round draft pick

Did anyone realise Gallinari is now a piston ?

New York absolutely crushed Detroit

Bojan and Burks for Grimes, Fournier, Flynn and some 2nd rounders is nuts

Like both moves for Dallas also. Washington a Much better fit then Grant Williams and Galford a good backup to Lively.
New York has crushed just about everything for 12 or so months now.

Totally agree on the Gafford move, i love Washington as a player for them but hesitant to see them give up a first in another minor upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Detoir, buying out Killian Hayes who started for you 24 hours ago to make room for Malachi Flynn is insane too

Think he and Joe Harris will have a ton of interest in the buyout market. Think Joe Harris goes to Denver myself and Hayes goes to Phoenix

Speaking of Detoir, buying out Killian Hayes who started for you 24 hours ago to make room for Malachi Flynn is insane too

Think he and Joe Harris will have a ton of interest in the buyout market. Think Joe Harris goes to Denver myself and Hayes goes to Phoenix
Hayes is legit trash, i wanted him to succeed and have a soft spot for the Pistons but he just is not good. He probably gets a team who talks themselves in to him but i would not be surprised if he is in another league next year, he just is not NBA level at this point.

Pacers got fleeced.
Expiring deal so it depends on what he is expecting in the off season, could very well be a 4 month rental.

But Philly has barely had elite shooters that can actually stay in the court in like a decade so I’m over the moon they just have someone who is willing to let them fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back