NBA Week 16 - Like sands through the hourglass

Who will LeBron trade before the All-star break?

• D-Lo

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Austin Reaves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darvin Ham

• Panthro

• LeBron

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to be without the new recruits and the guys we’ve just shipped off today?

Thibs will be in his element will only have 6 players if that’s the case 😂

Like both moves for Dallas also. Washington a Much better fit then Grant Williams and Galford a good backup to Lively.

Will have to see what they gave up to OKC to get the Gafford trade done, but he's OK.

Not really sure I like the sequence of events to get to PJ Washington though. They gave the Spurs 2030 pick swap rights just to sign Grant Williams, and now they're sending Charlotte a virtually unprotected 2027 first to upgrade to Washington. It wouldn't exactly convince me if I were Doncic. If he ever decides to bail, that 2027 first could become a real headache.

Overall it's a lot of circle work to end up basically where they were from 2019-2022. And that's if they actually improve after these trades.

New York absolutely crushed Detroit

Bojan and Burks for Grimes, Fournier, Flynn and some 2nd rounders is nuts

Like both moves for Dallas also. Washington a Much better fit then Grant Williams and Galford a good backup to Lively.
Any details on the grant williams trade I haven’t seen it yet.

Will have to see what they gave up to OKC to get the Gafford trade done, but he's OK.

Not really sure I like the sequence of events to get to PJ Washington though. They gave the Spurs 2030 pick swap rights just to sign Grant Williams, and now they're sending Charlotte a virtually unprotected 2027 first to upgrade to Washington. It wouldn't exactly convince me if I were Doncic. If he ever decides to bail, that 2027 first could become a real headache.

Overall it's a lot of circle work to end up basically where they were from 2019-2022. And that's if they actually improve after these trades.
Doing nothing would have been drowning in the mistake of Grant Williams. Good to move on from it quickly and with a piece that is more movable in the future if something bigger comes along.

Luka will 100% see out with Dallas past 2027 so cant see that being a issue. Think he will be at Dallas for the next 5 years for sure

OG trade looks a non issue now with the acquisition of both Bojan and Burks. They took a bit of a L in that trade but the enormous W in this one covers it and then some.

Bojan, Burks, McBride, Hart, Achichuwa off the bench is a damn good bench

OG trade looks a non issue now with the acquisition of both Bojan and Burks. They took a bit of a L in that trade but the enormous W in this one covers it and then some.

Bojan, Burks, McBride, Hart, Achichuwa off the bench is a damn good bench
They’ve got great shooting power to match the best in the nba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing nothing would have been drowning in the mistake of Grant Williams. Good to move on from it quickly and with a piece that is more movable in the future if something bigger comes along.

Luka will 100% see out with Dallas past 2027 so cant see that being a issue. Think he will be at Dallas for the next 5 years for sure

They owe first round pick swaps in 2028 and 2030, plus their 2024, 2027 and 2029 firsts outright now. They're running out of assets to improve the team from here on in.

In the meantime they've gone from Pork/Brunson/Finney-Smith to Kyrie/Gafford/Washington. It's marginal upgrade in overall talent, at best, for all those assets relinquished. They're probably deeper now thanks to having found Lively and Exum, but we'll see.

They're definitely better on paper now than they were a week ago. I'm just not convinced by the whole journey to get here.

They didn't take an L on the Anunoby trade at all. He fits their team so much better than Barrett it's not funny.

They owe first round pick swaps in 2028 and 2030, plus their 2024, 2027 and 2029 firsts outright now. They're running out of assets to improve the team from here on in.

In the meantime they've gone from Pork/Brunson/Finney-Smith to Kyrie/Gafford/Washington. It's marginal upgrade in overall talent, at best, for all those assets relinquished. They're probably deeper now thanks to having found Lively and Exum, but we'll see.

They're definitely better on paper now than they were a week ago. I'm just not convinced by the whole journey to get here.

They didn't take an L on the Anunoby trade at all. He fits their team so much better than Barrett it's not funny.
Actually a good way to put it with that in the meantime part. Really have forgotten how bad they messed up with the Brunson situation. I guess they are recovering a bit from it now

They are assetless for sure. Its why they were so desperate to tank for Lively. Was last chance at a decent pick for a long long time. I think PJ can be a asset of some sort in any future trades atleast. The whole post aboce proves how many mistakes they have made. To be somewhat evenish out of it is a good result sadly enough

Do I think Mavs are now title contenders? Probably not. They are close to that conversation though and I expect Luka is okay with that for this part of his career.

Actually a good way to put it with that in the meantime part. Really have forgotten how bad they messed up with the Brunson situation. I guess they are recovering a bit from it now

They are assetless for sure. Its why they were so desperate to tank for Lively. Was last chance at a decent pick for a long long time. I think PJ can be a asset of some sort in any future trades atleast. The whole post aboce proves how many mistakes they have made. To be somewhat evenish out of it is a good result sadly enough

Do I think Mavs are now title contenders? Probably not. They are close to that conversation though and I expect Luka is okay with that for this part of his career.

I'm probably over-sensitive to the 'reasons to doubt' owing to the fact that I support a team which has lost every star it ever drafted, haha. I certainly don't wish them any ill, even as a division rival. I hate the media putting arbitrary clocks on players' careers with their original teams, it's sh1t for the league. I genuinely hope he stays.

I also agree that they've upgraded in the short term. Personally never bought into the Grant Williams hype, never looked like more than a 7-8th guy on a playoff team IMO. Washington's better. I dunno if he's better than Finney-Smith, but he's better than Williams.

Also quite like Gafford as a rotational piece, was surprised the Bulls gave up on him so quickly. If he and Lively can hold down the centre position, that's about $17 mil per in salary for that position, which is perfectly fine. Of course also still have Kleber and Powell, but that's another story for another time.

I don't think they can ever be considered playoff roadkill while they have Doncic either, he's proven that already. But what their ceiling is, or ever can be, I guess is to be determined.

So a guys not allowed to be upset when he's playing poorly and upset he's not helping his team?

I can't imagine Klay is a vocal guy on the bench anyway and interesting to know how much spare time you have to watch what is happening during every time out in the second half.
c'mon dude. he has his knickers in a twist and is making it very obvious.

So a guys not allowed to be upset when he's playing poorly and upset he's not helping his team?

I can't imagine Klay is a vocal guy on the bench anyway and interesting to know how much spare time you have to watch what is happening during every time out in the second half.
The sulking is impacting his playing ability for sure. He spends so much energy sulking on the bench he is practically buggered by the time he gets on the court really

Ive seen enough of GSW recently in my background to see the fact he is no longer in the top 100 players in the league anymore and nothing ive seen suggests to me that will change

The changes Wiggins are making suggest to me he can and is changing however

c'mon dude. he has his knickers in a twist and is making it very obvious.

feel for klay. when kd came over naturally he received many questions from the media throng about changing his game to accommodate kd. he naturally wasnt impressed and emitted the same snarl face that he exhibits now. thats his way of demonstrating his emotions

feel for klay. when kd came over naturally he received many questions from the media throng about changing his game to accommodate kd. he naturally wasnt impressed and emitted the same snarl face that he exhibits now. thats his way of demonstrating his emotions
his other coping mechanism is chucking up low percentage 3's. few better at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back