NBA Week 17 - Beating the deadline. Now Week 18

Which team's trade week moves inspired you most?

• The Knicks - giving Thibs an actual bench is the only way to save him from himself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Mavs - it's inspiring to see a team so committed to avoiding the draft

• The Raptors - to hell with DEI requirements, we need more Canadians in Canada

• The Pacers - any time you can trade Hield for McDermott and Joseph, you have to do it

• The Pistons - paying six different players a total of $43 mil not to play for them is peak NBA

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's weird seeing all the 'Klay's revenge' headlines.

The Dubs gave him a lot more latitude than other teams would have. Not that it's not understandable that he'd decline given his injuries, but they've hardly been disrespectful to him. Kerr has almost been too loyal to him if anything.

Perhaps things just clicked for him today. But if it was because he was more 'motivated', it'd just be evidence that he needs to get out of his own head.

Grizzlies dont seem to have wasted the year if you ask me which is good for them. Williams Jnr and GG Jackson are 2 good pieces going forward whoo will give them that much needed depth for next year.

Griz should be fine.

They've never splashed silly money on mediocre free agents. Unless Ja goes completely off the rails their cap is clean, even if their team is going to be more expensive from now.

All-Star break MVP update
Shai clearly in front now

mvp.png

All-NBA Teams using the scores

1st Team:
G - Luka Doncic
G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
F - Jayson Tatum
F - Giannis Antetokounmpo
C - Nikola Jokic

2nd Team:
G - Damian Lillard
G - Anthony Edwards
F - Kawhi Leonard
F - Kevin Durant
C - Joel Embiid

3rd Team:
G - Jalen Brunson
G - Donovan Mitchell
F - Jaylen Brown
F - Karl-Anthony Towns
C - Anthony Davis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's weird seeing all the 'Klay's revenge' headlines.

The Dubs gave him a lot more latitude than other teams would have. Not that it's not understandable that he'd decline given his injuries, but they've hardly been disrespectful to him. Kerr has almost been too loyal to him if anything.

Perhaps things just clicked for him today. But if it was because he was more 'motivated', it'd just be evidence that he needs to get out of his own head.

Griz should be fine.

They've never splashed silly money on mediocre free agents. Unless Ja goes completely off the rails their cap is clean, even if their team is going to be more expensive from now.

I don't think it was because he was "more motivated". He has just been hot and cold this year. He was hot last night. One day before that he was cold (4/14) and two days before that he was hot (11/19).

He's always been a streaky shooter, it's just the hot streaks are now shorter and cold ones are longer.

Overall he's 37% from 3. That's not the problem. It's the rest of his game.

I don't think it was because he was "more motivated". He has just been hot and cold this year. He was hot last night. One day before that he was cold (4/14) and two days before that he was hot (11/19).

He's always been a streaky shooter, it's just the hot streaks are now shorter and cold ones are longer.

Overall he's 37% from 3. That's not the problem. It's the rest of his game.

I don't believe he was 'more motivated' either. It's just how it was being framed in certain circles.

His public comments have been interesting though. I reckon I've seen more Klay quotes than in his previous 12 seasons combined (probably recency bias). He has sounded down on himself at times.

Agreed that it's not the shooting that's the main issue. Hence Kerr being too loyal to him if anything re. playing time.

Sorry guys not the right thread for this but I would appreciate some impartial opinions on a hypothetical trade in a dynasty points league.

I have Ja Morant, been carrying him all year and still (this year) am the equal 2nd best team, I've been knocking back bad trade offers for him all year because why sell out such an asset to still probably come 2nd?

Anyway this one I am considering because it gives me an outside chance at the title and (I think) isn't that much of a downgrade in the future.
I trade Ja and 2nd round pick for Garland and 1st Round pick (should be around pick 4-7).
IMO garland value is way down atm but Donny should leave Cleveland go next year or the following and Garland should be back at allstar level, I think with high usage he is capable of just as good as Ja because he gets more assists, steals and less TOs.
Personally I thought Garland was on a very steep trajectory before the Mitchell trade but his is only my opinion and Ja is guarantee all nba players for another 5 years at least (presuming he sorts out his personal problems.....)

what do you think?

I’d be surprised if doc gets another coaching gig after this.
The fact he got one after the Clippers was surprising, the fact he walked straight in to one after Philly is embarrassing.

I love Giannis so was hoping they would be a genuine contender this year but it ain't happening with that fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back