NBA Week 17 - Beating the deadline. Now Week 18

Which team's trade week moves inspired you most?

• The Knicks - giving Thibs an actual bench is the only way to save him from himself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Mavs - it's inspiring to see a team so committed to avoiding the draft

• The Raptors - to hell with DEI requirements, we need more Canadians in Canada

• The Pacers - any time you can trade Hield for McDermott and Joseph, you have to do it

• The Pistons - paying six different players a total of $43 mil not to play for them is peak NBA

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact he got one after the Clippers was surprising, the fact he walked straight in to one after Philly is embarrassing.

I love Giannis so was hoping they would be a genuine contender this year but it ain't happening with that fraud.

I'm not sure why he wouldn't have gotten a job after the Clippers. Averaged over 50 wins per season.

The 18/19 season was impressive. Winning 48 games when this was their roster...

1708326946572.png

His last season (19/20) was the bubble season. Not too sure you can make much of that.

I'm not sure why he wouldn't have gotten a job after the Clippers. Averaged over 50 wins per season.

The 18/19 season was impressive. Winning 48 games when this was their roster...

View attachment 1908675

His last season (19/20) was the bubble season. Not too sure you can make much of that.
He underachieved with a very good Boston roster, he had an extended run at the Clippers and underachieved massively with the lob city team, he had a massive choke job in that bubble season and that team had some really questionable messages coming out of it after that choke job.

I think you are looking at over a decade of for the most part having highly talented rosters and i think he came up well short of expectations. Like i said i think it is surprising but not egregious, the Bucks hiring i think is just straight up basketball terrorism.

Last edited:

Trading for lillard at the expense of jrue might be one of the worst things the bucks ever did.
Maybe but I think in the moment it was a fine trade. That team needed more offence with a declining Middleton. Jrue can be really shaky offensively in the play offs.

He is prefect on the Bucks because he just has to be an elite defender and like a 5th offensive option or something crazy.

Maybe but I think in the moment it was a fine trade. That team needed more offence with a declining Middleton. Jrue can be really shaky offensively in the play offs.

He is prefect on the Bucks because he just has to be an elite defender and like a 5th offensive option or something crazy.
He has been great for us on offense.

You maybe right, but it still worked great for them.

He has been great for us on offense.

Jrue is definitely a better fit at Boston. An offense of 4 attacking guards and Porzingis means Jrue just needs to score when his lane is free or he is totally wide open for 3 since he is the 5th attacking option.

Issue with the Bucks is Giannis is the no1 option and can only score inside. Good teams will stack the paint so you need outside shooting to win. At least with Jrue, he would lock down the opposing guards so the game would become a brick fest with the Bucks likely winning the rebounds and the game but against a gun team on the tear in the playoffs they will shoot 3s out of their arse and 3s beat 2s.

Dame was the right idea but the problem with Dame is he is only a god in games with no defence like the All star game or when playing for a non playoff team where defence is non existent. Chuck a tight defender on dame who can match his speed (not too hard since hes 33 now) and has 10-15cm on him and hes gonna shoot under 40%. Then the other issue is Dame cant defend anywhere near Jrue's level, so at least one opposing guard will have a piss easy match up or they can switch until they get Dame. This is why the Bucks have been struggling this year compared to past years. An average coach wont solve this problem. They need someone who can solve this issue to be a contender come playoffs.

Conley locked in for $22M/2. :fire:

Great contract, stoked to have him back, but damn it's hard to believe we're willingly becoming a tax team.

Wolves yet to lose anyone important ;)

Might have to let Slo-Mo go eventually, but meh.

Wolves yet to lose anyone important ;)

Might have to let Slo-Mo go eventually, but meh.
We might need some extra cash to put a support team around Finch if we lose Slo-Mo, I'd be concerned for his wellbeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange firing.

They owe their first this year to Houston. Currently at #8 and falling sharply. No incentive to tank.

Probably not a genuine playoff team, but they should be competing for play ins. At the moment they're playing like a 25-win team.

We might need some extra cash to put a support team around Finch if we lose Slo-Mo, I'd be concerned for his wellbeing.

On court coaching lives matter, even if they only shoot 21% on threes.

Jrue is definitely a better fit at Boston. An offense of 4 attacking guards and Porzingis means Jrue just needs to score when his lane is free or he is totally wide open for 3 since he is the 5th attacking option.

Issue with the Bucks is Giannis is the no1 option and can only score inside. Good teams will stack the paint so you need outside shooting to win. At least with Jrue, he would lock down the opposing guards so the game would become a brick fest with the Bucks likely winning the rebounds and the game but against a gun team on the tear in the playoffs they will shoot 3s out of their arse and 3s beat 2s.

Dame was the right idea but the problem with Dame is he is only a god in games with no defence like the All star game or when playing for a non playoff team where defence is non existent. Chuck a tight defender on dame who can match his speed (not too hard since hes 33 now) and has 10-15cm on him and hes gonna shoot under 40%. Then the other issue is Dame cant defend anywhere near Jrue's level, so at least one opposing guard will have a piss easy match up or they can switch until they get Dame. This is why the Bucks have been struggling this year compared to past years. An average coach wont solve this problem. They need someone who can solve this issue to be a contender come playoffs.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the Bucks, but Lillard's on/offs looks good. Even on the defensive end (5.6pp 100 possessions better when he's on the court). And while he's on the court they rank around 10th (not terrible).

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the Bucks, but Lillard's on/offs looks good. Even on the defensive end (5.6pp 100 possessions better when he's on the court). And while he's on the court they rank around 10th (not terrible).

It's their bench that's killing them above everything. Couldn't guard a closed door.

And they think pat bev is the answer.

They owe their first this year to Houston. Currently at #8 and falling sharply. No incentive to tank.

Probably not a genuine playoff team, but they should be competing for play ins. At the moment they're playing like a 25-win team.
They’re currently 11th and most likely will miss the play in as they are not better than the teams above them as currently constructed.

Thought Vaughan was doing a good job for what he had. Then again there have been stranger firings cough AG.

I have a question. Why is JJ yelling??

And Austins thoughts. Unsure why Austin is saying "we" when talking about the clips.

‘Always accountable’ lmfao.

They finally fired him after another play off meltdown at the clippers and he is responsible for making his team lock in. The culture around the bubble reflects poorly on him.

He wasn’t fired for losing to the Celtics last year. He was fired because they lost to ******* Atlanta as the 1 seed, got bitch slapped by the Heat the next year and blew a 3-2 lead against the Celtics the following year.

It was a one off series that ever lost him those jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back