NBC: Poker After Dark

Remove this Banner Ad

There is so much Poker After Dark and I haven't watched an episode for ages.

Anyone go to the trouble of watching the show, wherever they can find it?

Rough 13-week schedule below. 100k SNG starts on Jan 3, 100k PLO cash is probably last, no idea when, and the rest are somewhere in the middle:

Big Heat (100k SnG) - Juanda, Lindgren, Ivey, Seed, Dwan, Galfond

Wish List (20k SnG) - Mike Dappen*, Hellmuth, Matusow, Harman, Schoenberg, Ferguson

Idol (50k SnG) - Doyle Brunson, Eric "basebaldy" Baldwin, Andrew "luckychewy" Lichtenberger, Obrestad, Melanie "Callisto" Weisner, Dwan

100k NLH cash #1 - Matusow, Ferguson, Michael Mizrachi, Adams, Peter "Apathy123" Jetten, Bellande
100k NLH cash #1 - Matusow, Ferguson, Michael Mizrachi, Adams, Peter "Apathy123" Jetten, Hellmuth

100k NLH cash #2 - Hellmuth, Bloch, Seed, Esfandiari, Obrestad, Justin "Boosted J" Smith
100k NLH cash #2 - Hellmuth, Bloch, Seed, Esfandiari, Obrestad, Justin "Boosted J" Smith

150k NLH cash - Peat, Elezra, Olivier "livb112" Busquet, Laak, Mueller, Lederer
150k NLH cash - Peat, Elezra, Olivier "livb112" Busquet, Laak, Mueller, Lederer

200k NLH cash - Ivey, Dwan, Antonius, Peat, Elezra, Oppenheim
200k NLH cash - Ivey, Dwan, Antonius, Peat, Elezra, Oppenheim

100k PLO cash - Ivey, Dwan, Antonius, Hastings, Galfond, Adams
100k PLO cash - Ivey, Dwan, Antonius, Hastings, Galfond, Jared "harrington25" Bleznick

* winner of Howard and Suzie Lederer Charity Poker Tournament

Most appearances:

6 - Dwan
5 - Ivey
4 - Antonius, Peat, Elezra, Hellmuth
3 - Galfond, Seed, Obrestad, Matusow, Ferguson

I want to see if a nice dress, a bit of make-up and good lighting make Melanie Weisner* look hot.

* LOL if you thought I was going to say Annette (or Tom Dwan).

How about some quinella predictions for the SnG's? I'll take a stab at:

Big Heat (100k SnG) - Juanda, Seed

Wish List (20k SnG) - Hellmuth, Ferguson

Idol (50k SnG) - Lichtenberger, Obrestad

2011 schedule finalised:

Code:
 Jan 03 - SNG 100k  - Juanda, Lindgren, Galfond, Seed, Dwan, Ivey

Feb 07 - NLH 150k  - Peat, Lederer, Laak, Mueller, Busquet, Elezra
 Feb 14 - NLH 150k  - Lederer, Busquet, Mueller, Laak, Peat, Elezra

Apr 04 - SNG  50k  - Lichtenberger, Baldwin, Weisner, Brunson, Obrestad, Dwan
 Apr 11 - [B]PLO[/B] 100k  - Adams, Antonius, Ivey, Dwan, Hastings, Galfond
 Apr 18 - [B]PLO[/B] 100k  - Hastings, Bleznick, Dwan, Galfond, Ivey, Antonius

Jun 20 - NLH 100k[COLOR="Red"]+[/COLOR] - Matusow, Bellande, Jetten, Adams, Ferguson, Mizrachi
 Jun 27 - NLH 100k[COLOR="Red"]+[/COLOR] - Adams, Jetten, Ferguson, Hellmuth, Matsuow, Bellande

Sep  5 - NLH 100k[COLOR="Red"]+[/COLOR] - Obrestad, Seed, Esfandiari, Hellmuth, Bloch, Smith
 Sep 12 - NLH 100k[COLOR="Red"]+[/COLOR] - Bloch, Obrestad, Smith, Esfandiari, Hellmuth, Seed
 Sep 19 - SNG  20k  - Dappen, Hellmuth, Matusow, Ferguson, Schoenberg, Harman

Nov 21 - NLH 200k[COLOR="Red"]+[/COLOR] - Peat, Elezra, Oppenheim, Antonius, Ivey, Dwan
 Nov 28 - NLH 200k[COLOR="Red"]+[/COLOR] - Dwan, Peat, Antonius, Ivey, Oppenheim, Elezra

Poker After Dark for 2011 starts this week:

http://www.pokerafterdark.com/this-week

This week is a 100k buy-in Sit n Go with John Juanda, Erick Lindgren, Phil Galfond, Huck Seed, Tow Dwan and Phil Ivey.

match67x16x9grid5x2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah kind of just ends on this hand where the blinds are stolen, lol. Wasn't giving it my full attention but Huck Seed played almost every hand wrong, looked totally outclassed.

the show is terrible

they managed to get one of the most watchable line ups for TV poker but made it unbearable

the SnG format is bad in itself, the show would be 100x better if they played cash games and filled the room with prop bet material

Instead they make this terrible winner take all challange that plays 4 handed for majority of the show where its raise fold raise fold raise call/check fold its terrible

Ali Nejad needs some help in the booth as well, a partner in crime would help

the show is terrible

they managed to get one of the most watchable line ups for TV poker but made it unbearable

the SnG format is bad in itself, the show would be 100x better if they played cash games and filled the room with prop bet material

Instead they make this terrible winner take all challange that plays 4 handed for majority of the show where its raise fold raise fold raise call/check fold its terrible

Ali Nejad needs some help in the booth as well, a partner in crime would help

PAD is what it is. It doesn't try and be fancy with witty commentary and banter like HSP or only show big hands like WSOP. Ali doesn't have interesting commentary or deep insight, he pretty much just calls the action. Yes, they show a lot of hands that aren't interesting but it's to get a sense of table dynamics and what actually happens in a high level SNG. Rather than just showing an AK vs QQ where everyone gets up and starts yelling at their cards to come.

Don't want to see any posts from this week, I've just finally downloaded episodes 4 and 5, so I've just started watching ep 1.

durrrr probably has no chance here. I'll go with Juanda with Ivey placing.

pokerbay

Just finished watching the lot. LOL @ last hand.

Guess I got 1 prediction right, 1 not so right.

Next episodes start Feb 7, two weeks of 150k cash game.

the SnG format is bad in itself, the show would be 100x better if they played cash games

Only 2 SnGs left for the season. It used to be all SnGs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back