Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Last edited by a moderator:

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why are foxtel unable to get the scoring and timing right? It's embarrassing.

Scoring lags, shot clock out of sync, then the whole image disappears for minutes at a time.

It's incredibly basic and they continue to stuff it up. Went on all year and they haven't sorted it in the off-season.

Cameron_K

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 23, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Texans

Scoring lags, shot clock out of sync, then the whole image disappears for minutes at a time.

It's incredibly basic and they continue to stuff it up. Went on all year and they haven't sorted it in the off-season.

Couldn't agree more, has been completely amateurish.

Damien Martin was brilliant in the first. His pressure completely rattled the Bullets.

Johnson will struggle in the NBL.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

Is it Fox Sports or the NBL themselves supplying that score bug?

Last season Fox Sports had the minimalist style they use for all of their sports.

This season's looks ghastly and nothing like anything Fox Sports does. It's like the NBL have let channel 10 do the score bug (and we all know how horrible and out of synch there's was).

Also, I note that the camera guys are wearing NBL, and not Fox Sports, bibs.

The whole use the stadium clock on the score bug thing is so 1990's, but given the last 60 seconds isn't going to the 10th second, and the shot clock is show :xx, I reckon they've made a fake 'look like a stadium clock' which has backfired spectacularly.

Also, why are Brisbane wearing their away strip?

Aug 13, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Last season Fox Sports had the minimalist style they use for all of their sports.

This season's looks ghastly and nothing like anything Fox Sports does. It's like the NBL have let channel 10 do the score bug (and we all know how horrible and out of synch there's was).

The whole use the stadium clock on the score bug thing is so 1990's, but given the last 60 seconds isn't going to the 10th second, and the shot clock is show :xx, I reckon they've made a fake 'look like a stadium clock' which has backfired spectacularly.

They have a "Wellness Round" (Chemist Warehouse Round) logo on it and they play away on Saturday Night, so my guess would be they didn't want to print 2 jerseys for a single round.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Not sure, but the visual isn't the problem - when they had the different style last year the problem still existed.

Tbf, it's been better in the second half.

On another point, this is absolutely s**t house from Perth. 25 points in the second half is dead set amateur. Pathetic.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Oh man it started today? I thought it was starting tomorrow :(

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
New uniforms generally look good

Didn't really like the nz coverage last year, and don't really like it this year

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
They should never be allowed to commentate on anything involving their own teams, way too biased! It's Bruce and Cyril and swan just with a hoop and round ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Looks like the NBL is still having score bug issues.

But compared to the quality of the officiating in Wollongong I think the score bug is the least of their problems at the moment.

Oh and who is that number 3 for the 36ers and what's he done with Jerome Randle.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any chance of any defense in this game?

89 points in 14 minutes is ludicrous for a professional game.

Back