NBL 2016/2017 Season Thread

Who will win the 2016/2017 Season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sooooo the Kings return to Qudos Bank Arena with the top deck screened off and massive amounts of empty seats in the lower decks.

I think the estimated crowd of 8,000 is looking pretty optimistic atm...

How long until Qudos Bank Arena gets it's nickname of The Library back :D

Taken all of 2 games for Jaron Johnson to annouce himself

Three to send it into OT and 90% from the field on 26 points?

giphy.gif

They had the '92 semi between Melbourne and Sydney on this afternoon, commentated by Bill Woods and Steve Carfino.

Somehow, 24 years later, Carfino's American accent is twice as thick.

I think he's just returned from a stint in the USA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SBS also televising today's match live at 3pm

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Taken all of 2 games for Jaron Johnson to annouce himself

Three to send it into OT and 90% from the field on 26 points?

giphy.gif
I see why now Perth axed Beal when They landed Johnson. He's good enough to be an NBA scrub

I see why now Perth axed Beal when They landed Johnson. He's good enough to be an NBA scrub

Yep he would't be out of place at the end of a bench

Went to today's game. Had to drag a few along, but did so under the premise that we were going to see a potential lottery pick in Terrance Ferguson.

Alas they must of caught wind of this or something and the kid played all of 5 minutes and his only most notable moment was a block on a fastbreak that got called a goal tend...

I wish the rest of the NBL season well.

Johnson will struggle in the NBL.
lol.

Was at the game, should never have got to the point it did but holyshit what a finish. Johnson was pure clutch making several big shots including that buzzer beater.

Wagstaff on the other hand shot 1/10 3pt to go with his 1/7 in the season opener. Quite a lot of those wern't that late in the shot clock, he was cold and should have known it. Matty Knight should bring back some balance between the inside and outside game one he returns.

lol.

Was at the game, should never have got to the point it did but holyshit what a finish. Johnson was pure clutch making several big shots including that buzzer beater.

Wagstaff on the other hand shot 1/10 3pt to go with his 1/7 in the season opener. Quite a lot of those wern't that late in the shot clock, he was cold and should have known it. Matty Knight should bring back some balance between the inside and outside game one he returns.

Yep he certainly played well, better than I thought he would. Mind you I still don't believe he will be what the Wildcats hope he will be for the full year. That game should never have been that close, the wildcats should have taken care of business. I still don't like the look of the roster.

Back