NBL 2016/2017 Season Thread

Who will win the 2016/2017 Season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

******* ******* * though. What a s**t effort from the Firty Sickers... s**t D, s**t offence and s**t attitude in games 2 and 3. Clearly thought they had it after bouncing back in game 1. Bit em on the arse. I'd actually say they were worse than Cairns in the finals.

Gotta wonder if losing the last four of the season messed things up as well. Win just one of those and things are probably different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were also wooden spoon favorites and bottom after a number of rounds. The season ended up a better result than expected.
Not sure what happened to Joey's rotations? Deng 0 minutes, TFerg from starting 5 to limited minutes.
The umpiring was terrible again (both ways).

I'm really devastated, but I kinda expected this to happen. With such a young team, the choke was more likely to happen than not. We played no D all night and let players like Harris score at will. The Hawks just wanted it more from the get-go. If we actually turned up in the first 30-35 minutes, we may have won.

The occasion got the better of the young team which is unfortunate., The Hawks have a lot of veterans with big game experience on their team and ultimately, that won them the game.

1 win from 7 games to finish. Putrid.
Yep, really dismal stuff. I think they were made to pay for their lackluster efforts in the run home. They clearly were foxing, giving bench guys extended minutes, resting starters, and it backfired. They went into finals with zero momentum. Sure, they played well in game 1, but like someone said, probably thought they were back and the series would take care of itself. They played a hungry side who simply wanted it more.

Incredibly disappointing end to the season by Adelaide. Fair choke job that's for sure.

Just sloppy all round.
  • 69% from the FT line, not good enough
  • 16 turnovers compared to 8, no good
  • 66 bench points to Illawarra, 27 for the sixers.
In the end the margin flattered Adelaide, should've lost by 15+. They had all the momentum in the 3rd, when it was back to 6 and then I think Jacobsen gave up a really soft rebound and Illawarra all of a sudden got the margin back to what it was at HT.

Back