NBL 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

**** Corey 'Homicide' Williams talks a lot of s**t. STFU with your 'top 5s' and 'top 7s' and 'NZ are an A, Brisbane are an F' bullshit.

Did LOL at his justification for Lucas Walker not being the most improved player in the comp because he's old. 'Forget about most improved, he's an all NBL player right now - that's the real conversation'. Errr, given he couldn't get a game for anyone last year and now he's a starting player for one of the top 2 sides in the comp (and apparently in contention for all NBL first/second team) wouldn't that represent improvement on where he was previously?

Yeah his justification for why Walker couldn't be most improved was just mind boggling. He has a hard on for all things NZ, which I think is driven in part by his hatred of the Cats.

Still, the banter between he, Lachie and Redhage is pretty darn good

I was always taught to pay credit where it's due, particularly if it's someone you've criticised before.

For all the fact that I'm not impressed by him as a commentator, I started following Homicide on Twitter and he's brilliant on there. Always replies within minutes, loves a chinwag, and manages to get the previously mentioned 'good observations' out more often. :thumbsu:

ETA: Interestingly, he confirmed he'd had a verbal agreement in place with the Wildcats before joining Townsville.

I was always taught to pay credit where it's due, particularly if it's someone you've criticised before.

For all the fact that I'm not impressed by him as a commentator, I started following Homicide on Twitter and he's brilliant on there. Always replies within minutes, loves a chinwag, and manages to get the previously mentioned 'good observations' out more often. :thumbsu:

ETA: Interestingly, he confirmed he'd had a verbal agreement in place with the Wildcats before joining Townsville.

Given their history it would have been interesting to see if Homicide and Redhage could have co existed on the same team.

Then again I guess had they been on the same team there probably wouldn't have been any animosity?

I still cringe when Fox use Goulding in their promos as supposed star power of the NBL.
In terms of the local talent, he's arguably the most entertaining which is quite often the cause of his problems.

Which is amusing, because it was Goulding talking smack most of the night.
You serious? Tyler is a deadset maniac and is always mouthing off. Even poor Gazey struggles to keep him under wraps. Great entertainment though.

Personally I like Homocide and also when was the last time we discussed an NBL commentator so much? They say any publicity is hoid publicity.

Massive game for the cats today, a win here (which it should be) gets them another game clear of the Breakers, sets them up nicely for the half of the season.

Massive game for the cats today, a win here (which it should be) gets them another game clear of the Breakers, sets them up nicely for the half of the season.
Let’s go Cats!

Marto is out a concern, given the intensity he brings. Hopefully we can cover him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing loss for the Cats today, defence a complete shambles especially in that first qtr.

Got a tough run away from home now. Need to split that 2/2 at the very least.

Nasty looking injury to Prather

What happened?

Disappointing loss for the Cats today, defence a complete shambles especially in that first qtr.

Got a tough run away from home now. Need to split that 2/2 at the very least.

What happened?

Wesley is quietly having an excellent season for Melbourne.

I like watching Brisbane with kickert, Holt, trice and buford, so was good to see them get the win today.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Wesley was frustrating early in the season byt has come good recently.

We're a deep team run by a s**t coach. I will be stunned if we win a championship with him coaching us.

The Brisbane team of 2007 was so stacked with talent and far ahead of every other team that year that my dead grandmother could have coached them to a title and now he rides an undeserved reputation as a great coach.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back