NBL 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Joey loses the plot in Melbourne for the second time this season.

When the talking point of the game is the officiating, he had every right to lose the plot.

NBL/WNBL officiating delves deeper into crisis. Is it going to take a team walking off the court for the NBL to do something about it.

If I was at the game right now, I would be reminding Gleeson at what little changes he made in the 2nd...how we lost that lead in half a qtr is unbelievable

I'm confused Adelaide were originally known as the Adelaide City eagles, their mascot is apparently a magpie so what species of bird is their current logo? Or is it just a pointy beaked 'courageous and bold' bird of no specific species.

I'm confused Adelaide were originally known as the Adelaide City eagles, their mascot is apparently a magpie so what species of bird is their current logo? Or is it just a pointy beaked 'courageous and bold' bird of no specific species.

The Eagles ‘merged’ with the West Adelaide Bearcats to form the 36ers (after SA’s founding year of 1836). The mascot is a piping shrike, which appears on the SA flag.

Having said that I have NFI what creature management have used on their current logo.

The Lightning were named after Col. Light, so both the NBL and WNBL teams have nods to SA’s history (apparently it was in the old BASA constitution that both teams had to have references to SA’s history in their name).

I think they were only the Eagles for 1 year after the Forestville Eagles pulled out and BASA (the then SA governing body) stepped in to avoid West Adelaide being the only SA team in the NBL. The Magpie (the South Australian state bird) was introduced later and the Adelaide City Eagles name is mostly forgotten like the Westate Wildcats name Perth used to have around the same time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles ‘merged’ with the West Adelaide Bearcats to form the 36ers (after SA’s founding year of 1836). The mascot is a piping shrike, which appears on the SA flag.

Having said that I have NFI what creature management have used on their current logo.

The Lightning were named after Col. Light, so both the NBL and WNBL teams have nods to SA’s history (apparently it was in the old BASA constitution that both teams had to have references to SA’s history in their name).
Thank you for your response, after further research it appears the 'piping shrike' is not a distinct species but a 'stylised image' of a magpie. It appears the current logo is in fact a magpie; pending confirmation from the marketing geniuses behind the bold new logo.

The hawks jersey is shocking. Sponsor logo bigger than team name.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What got me was the Hawks coaches/staff wearing uniforms that looked like refs ones.

I switched on to see Conger surrounded by teammates walk up and shove a guy on the court hard in the chest, who was wearing grey with an NBL logo. I’m like :eek: he’s gonna get suspended for life. Then a couple of seconds later after a replay realise it was a ‘pumped up’ shove on someone on his team, after hitting a three :D

Great game, Brisbane fans must get sick of them squandering leads in the last quarter.

Moller wasn't shown much respect by Brisbane so great to see him step up with some big plays

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I think Brisbane could feel a bit aggrieved that there was no call on Casper Ware fouling Trice on the three point shot with 2 seconds left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back