NBL 2018/19 Season

Who will win the title

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prob is i have roots deep with se Melbourne right back to nunawading specters. I stopped watching all together for year. Thrown my support to united the glory days of the 90s are gone. I think the league is at a better place than it has been for years. Dont know how it shapes from here they def need to expand its a gamble. If a second franchise doesnt work in Melbourne i dont know if it would work anywhere (2 teams one city). Certainly wont work in Perth, Adelaide

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Honestly, I think it's a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I fear for the Phoenix.

New MVP Voting system announced for the NBL this season: http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/nbl-mvp-voting-changes

- Everything occurs at the end of the season rather than the previous system where it was voted after each game
- A "Panel of experts (media, former players and coaches)" create a shortlist of 20 players
- The captain, head coach and assistant coach from each club then vote (from only the shortlisted players) in 3-2-1 format to decide the winner

New MVP Voting system announced for the NBL this season: http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/nbl-mvp-voting-changes

- Everything occurs at the end of the season rather than the previous system where it was voted after each game
- A "Panel of experts (media, former players and coaches)" create a shortlist of 20 players
- The captain, head coach and assistant coach from each club then vote (from only the shortlisted players) in 3-2-1 format to decide the winner

So it’ll be 19 Melbourne United players, Andrew Bogut, and people will be instructed to give 3 votes to Bogut for every game.

So it’ll be 19 Melbourne United players, Andrew Bogut, and people will be instructed to give 3 votes to Bogut for every game.
Small state syndrome

They should just ask Corey 'Homicide' Williams who should be MVP.

If they do that now then he should be finished talking by the time the season concludes.
He's already made his choice. Casper Ware (tho to be fair, he should well be in the discussion).

They should just ask Corey 'Homicide' Williams who should be MVP.

If they do that now then he should be finished talking by the time the season concludes.

I love how he's going on about how the Wildcats got swept in the finals so some how that detracts from Bryce's regular season and he should't be MVP. By that same measure his own 2010 MVP award should not have been awarded as Townsville went down 2-1 in the Semis that year.

I love how he's going on about how the Wildcats got swept in the finals so some how that detracts from Bryce's regular season and he should't be MVP. By that same measure his own 2010 MVP award should not have been awarded as Townsville went down 2-1 in the Semis that year.

He went to great lengths to explain how Lucas Walker shouldn't be the most improved player because being a guy that goes from a fringe squad player to starting 5 in a finals side isn't what the award is about....

He went to great lengths to explain how Lucas Walker shouldn't be the most improved player because being a guy that goes from a fringe squad player to starting 5 in a finals side isn't what the award is about....

Indeed, I remember that.

Just to further my point (though not necessary :)) he's also on record as saying Phil Jackson is not a great coach because he had Jordan who is the G.O.A.T.

You will never hear me dispute Michael Jordan's status as the Greatest, however, in 1987/88 Jordan was Regular Season MVP and was part of a Bulls team the went down to the Pistons 4-1 in the Eastern Conference Semis. By Homicides reasoning Jordan wasn't MVP that season.

He's got nothing but respect for the organisation (Perth Wildcats), so he keeps saying before/after every time he talks trash about them.
Still pissy that it seemed he was to sign for the club and then it fell apart.

I enjoy Homicide's commentary on non-Wildcats games. But as soon as he starts on anything Red Army, I tune out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's mentioned it on Twitter a few times (I follow him). I've never seen him elaborate why, only that it was basically done and then fell apart.
He doesn't really seem like a Wildcats kind of guy.

Geez Every time I watch Perth they get a dream run with the refs. 34 fouls to 17 lol....
Gotta admit, the one that fouled Webster out would at best be described as 'soft'.

Five Breakers foul out. Still a good win on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back