NBL 2018/19 Season

Who will win the title

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Felix back again if he'd be interested.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
It was announced that he retired a couple of weeks back I think.

Can't find anything on google about it and he doesn't have a Twitter. He just played for Washington in summer league I think.

Reckon I saw it on United’s instagram. Will have a look into it.

At the risk of sounding like a big negative downer amongst all this excellent positive buzz...

Is there any clarity over the salary cap situation at Sydney?

Are they really squeezing the entire roster into just $100,000 so that Bogut can have his 1 million?

Or are all clubs getting a 2.1 million salary cap? And how can Sydney afford to pay it? They are not a cashed up club.

And if the league is paying Bogut's salary, is there an equivalent payment to all clubs?

I ask because if they are allowing Sydney to have a 1.1 salary cap PLUS a 1 million dollar player while the other clubs are on 1.1 million then it removes the credibility of the league. Its not like having all the clubs on 10m and allowing one club to be on 11m. We risk going into a season with one club having nearly double the salary cap...

Last edited:
I don't think they are enforcing the salary cap really. They are just trying to grow the competition at this point, which is going to be at the likely expense of Cairns, Illawarra. Crocs already gone.

I'd say the vision is to get the competition a sustainable success and then work on equity.

It's a real arms race at the moment at the top, and I agree that it does not bode well for the credibility of the competition.

I don't think they are enforcing the salary cap really. They are just trying to grow the competition at this point, which is going to be at the likely expense of Cairns, Illawarra. Crocs already gone.

I'd say the vision is to get the competition a sustainable success and then work on equity.

It's a real arms race at the moment at the top, and I agree that it does not bode well for the credibility of the competition.

Non footy codes such as basketball and football (a-league) have made it no secret that a successful league requires a winning sydney team.

At the risk of sounding like a big negative downer amongst all this excellent positive buzz...

Is there any clarity over the salary cap situation at Sydney?

Are they really squeezing the entire roster into just $100,000 so that Bogut can have his 1 million?

Or are all clubs getting a 2.1 million salary cap? And how can Sydney afford to pay it? They are not a cashed up club.

And if the league is paying Bogut's salary, is there an equivalent payment to all clubs?

I ask because if they are allowing Sydney to have a 1.1 salary cap PLUS a 1 million dollar player while the other clubs are on 1.1 million than it removes the credibility of the league. Its not like having all the clubs on 10m and allowing one club to be on 11m. We risk going into a season with one club having nearly double the salary cap...

They've always turned a blind eye to the Sydney salary cap situation.

The league cares more about a competitive team in Sydney to get the TV market share.

They've always turned a blind eye to the Sydney salary cap situation.

The league cares more about a competitive team in Sydney to get the TV market share.
Hasn't that specifically been blamed for 2 years of A League malaise?

Hasn't that specifically been blamed for 2 years of A League malaise?

Similar stories could also be said about the AFL also :p

I think it's a fair conclusion to say that Sydney is the root of all evil in the sporting world.

That 1.1 million figure isn't a hard cap.

In fact, with all the rules and loopholes, there really isn't a salary cap at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

return of the "Spectres""?

North East South West Magic Spectre Dragon Titan Saints

Should be the new name, pays homage to all the defunct clubs that came before it :p
Rolls off the tongue too

Prefer they just bring back the dragons but happy. Never could get into United that much, too connected to those tiger flogs and also s**t name.

even the tigers hate the utd.

return of the "Spectres""?
North East South West Magic Spectre Dragon Titan Saints
Should be the new name, pays homage to all the defunct clubs that came before it :p
Rolls off the tongue too

North-East-South-West St. Titan Giant Magical Spectre Dragons

There is ejaculant in my pants
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back