NBL 2018/19 Season

Who will win the title

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gday all,

Couple mates and I who love our basketball have started up and podcast dribbling all things NBL, NBL Fantasy, Boomers etc

2nd episode has just been uploaded and has a Sydney Kings season preview.

Check it out and hit us up with any comments or questions via BasketBall Blokes on facey or @bball_blokes on twitter.

1st episode had a Melbourne United preview, Adelaide and Perth previews up next!

Cheers
Boydie

Melbourne apparently has signed DJ Kennedy as final import.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Looks a pretty good signing, some good imports signed again this year in the league which only makes league bettera

probably the best place to ask,
but whats it like going to an nbl game at qudos bank arena in sydney?.

will be in sydney when sydney play perth, and ive never actually been to an nbl game before.

will be in sydney when sydney play perth, and ive never actually been to an nbl game before.
Yea not bad, they put on a pretty good show and should only be better with Bogut this year. Expecting sell outs most games there so atmosphere should be good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they are anything like Melb Utd games or what I imagine Perth home games are like then it should be pretty entertaining, even more so now with Bogut there!
Im actually looking to get up there for a kings v melb game at some stage this season

Got a free ticket to United vs Cairns last night and it was a good game, United won 89-88 with DJ Newbill missing a buzzer beater. Melbourne had Ware and the new import missing but Goulding was very good. Cairns have no depth but their imports look good. Melo Trimble looks like an absolute jet.

Got a free ticket to United vs Cairns last night and it was a good game, United won 89-88 with DJ Newbill missing a buzzer beater. Melbourne had Ware and the new import missing but Goulding was very good. Cairns have no depth but their imports look good. Melo Trimble looks like an absolute jet.
I think McCarron missing also?

I think McCarron missing also?
Was there also workhorse and yep no Maccaron for Utd either.
Cairns were also missing Rob Loe who should be getting decent chunk of minutes in their lineup, also they were missing Lucas Waxy Walker who will also see good minutes you would think after his year last year with perth. Not end of the world for Cairns at this stage.

We will be doing a season preview of Cairns next week on the podcast I run with a couple of mates, you can find us via our Twitter handle https://twitter.com/BBall_Blokes

Recorded episode last night with Adelaide and Perth previews so should have it edited and online tonight.

Was there also workhorse and yep no Maccaron for Utd either.
Cairns were also missing Rob Loe who should be getting decent chunk of minutes in their lineup, also they were missing Lucas Waxy Walker who will also see good minutes you would think after his year last year with perth. Not end of the world for Cairns at this stage.

We will be doing a season preview of Cairns next week on the podcast I run with a couple of mates, you can find us via our Twitter handle https://twitter.com/BBall_Blokes

Recorded episode last night with Adelaide and Perth previews so should have it edited and online tonight.

Yeah I remember reading Walker got injured. Loe will help for sure. Is Jarrod Kenney also part of their roster? If they can stay fit and get Loe/Walker/Kenney back they should be pretty competitive.

Yeah I remember reading Walker got injured. Loe will help for sure. Is Jarrod Kenney also part of their roster? If they can stay fit and get Loe/Walker/Kenney back they should be pretty competitive.
Yes forgot about Kenny!
yeh with those 3 they should be a lot bettera.
Although Cairns beat Melb utd in a behind closed doors scrimmage game this morning 78 to 75 I think.
With no CG43 for utd, but Casper and DJ Kennedy played apparently.

So I messaged Foxtel on FB as the NBL press release didn't really outline much about the broadcast on Fox.

The National Basketball League will be available on FOX SPORTS, with FOX SPORTS set to broadcast a minimum of one game per week, plus every Finals match LIVE.

Broadcasting seems honestly to be a step back this season.

So I messaged Foxtel on FB as the NBL press release didn't really outline much about the broadcast on Fox.

The National Basketball League will be available on FOX SPORTS, with FOX SPORTS set to broadcast a minimum of one game per week, plus every Finals match LIVE.

Broadcasting seems honestly to be a step back this season.
This says all games on Foxtel? It doesn't specify LIVE but it should be.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...n/news-story/f8cbf2e5b5f704dfdc04772c50935f50

Yes, the way that is worded to me indicates that might not be showing every game live.

Probably I'm reading into things too much, but if they have a deal where some of the games are delayed it's honestly a step back for the league given AFL, NRL, BBL, A-League all have deals where every game is broadcast live. NBL should be aiming to be putting themselves in that conversation of the major leagues in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back