NBL 2018/19 Season

Who will win the title

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever seen such bad inbound plays run at the end of a game.

"Yeah, let's get our guys running straight into the corners and double teams." :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Lucky to get away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have had a few shockers on the road, but then they dismantled Perth before the break and all the top 3 lost this weekend so not to concerned, they do seem to have a habit of lifting their game when it counts, really comes down to if the motivation is there in finals, they’ll do it.

Do teams lose 10 seconds on the shot clock when they take a timeout? Lol.

Illawarra took a timeout with 1.31 left and 24 seconds on the shot clock. They come out of the timeout and get a shot clock violation at 1.15 after 14 seconds?

Last edited:
Do teams lose 10 seconds on the shot clock when they take a timeout? Lol.

Illawarra took a timeout with 1.31 left and 24 seconds on the shot clock. They come out of the timeout and get a shot clock violation at 1.15 after 14 seconds?
Yes, if the throw in occurs in the front court. I'm not watching, but I assume Illawarra elected to move the ball into the front court after the TO?
https://www.fiba.basketball/OBR-changes-1-oct-2018.pdf

Always a good day when Trevor Gleeson gets tech'd.

There was a time when I would have agreed with that statement. Back when he was coaching Townsville and they'd come to Challenge Stadium we'd get tickets behind the bench and we'd do our best to get under the skin of Homicide and Gleeson.

There was a time when I would have agreed with that statement. Back when he was coaching Townsville and they'd come to Challenge Stadium we'd get tickets behind the bench and we'd do our best to get under the skin of Homicide and Gleeson.
Ahh... good times. The atmosphere in that place was incredible, and players/coaches were within shouting range of nearly every seat in the stadium.

Trev's still a tool at heart. With a very successful team in recent years you don't see it as much, but when things start getting a little stressful it comes back out again. Even now that he's my team's coach I still think he should be getting more techs. NBL coaches in general are given too much leeway IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back