NBL 2018/19 Season

Who will win the title

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously many things have contributed to this - not least of which has been Perth’s solid play across the series - but the glaring ones for me are that Casper Ware has been atrocious, Boone and Pledger are nowhere near physical enough for big men, and Vickerman has been pretty poor for a flag winning coach.

Obviously many things have contributed to this - not least of which has been Perth’s solid play across the series - but the glaring ones for me are that Casper Ware has been atrocious, Boone and Pledger are nowhere near physical enough for big men, and Vickerman has been pretty poor for a flag winning coach.
Did you just forget to mention the biggest flop of the series - Chris Goulding? The guy's supposed to be a superstar and has just been insipid (except for game 2)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I was wrong. I didn't think Perth had it in them to win in Melbourne, but they were ruthless from top to bottom. It's rare that the whole bench contributes like that on the road but Jervis, Norton & Hire in particular play very tough and very smart when Martin, White & Brandt were all dealing with foul trouble. And when White came back on in the 2nd half while Cotton was still rolling … that was lights out time.
Won't go down as a great grand final series that's for sure, but will definitely go down in Cats folklore as a championship against the odds.

What a way to go out for Greg Hire. Stoked for him in particular. He will be missed too.

Game was evenly poised until Greg Hire was first brought on. A couple of hustle plays from Hire and the momentum was for all but a couple of minutes with Perth from that point on.

Martin and Hire are the Dellavedova's of the NBL, they just hustle, hustle and hustle some more.

Baffling that Where finished above Cotton for MVP.

Absolute joke.

Cotton is easily the best player in the NBL, by some distance, and has been for 2.5 seasons now.

Bogut getting it was total rort - he had his moments but he was no MVP. I reckon he wanted it to boost his chances of the NBA recall to go chase another ring..

Absolute joke.

Cotton is easily the best player in the NBL, by some distance, and has been for 2.5 seasons now.

Bogut getting it was total rort - he had his moments but he was no MVP. I reckon he wanted it to boost his chances of the NBA recall to go chase another ring..
Bogut winning is bad, but Ware? Wouldn't trade Cotton for 2 of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back