Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sydney Kings

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see the Phoenix make an import change - bringing in Devondrick Walker to replace Keith Benson. Seems too late, but good on them I reckon for not giving up on the season. If I was a member I'd appreciate that.
Beat Perth in Perth on Friday and they're still in the mix. Big ask though!
As a Cats fan I'm curious to see Walker in action seeing as he was our original import a couple of years ago before copping a serious pre-season injury and being replaced by JP Tokoto.

I am a Phoenix member and happy with the signing.

Thought he showed a lot, can create his shot and hit the 3 so great addition, even though we got smashed again in Perth.

Benson was disappointing other than 1-2 decent games.

Glad to see Stephens earning more minutes

Wesley is struggling to score and Creek is carrying an injury.
With he and Roberson battling with the extra attention of being the keys to the offence we needed another offensive threat.

Walker opening up the floor for the other guys to work will be good, hopefully he is with us next year.

Has effectively been a money ball roster so working out the gaps as we go.

Have really enjoyed being a part of the Phoenix as a member in their first season.

Had low expectations but we have been competitive and the atmosphere at home games is fantastic, club has done a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought he showed a lot, can create his shot and hit the 3 so great addition, even though we got smashed again in Perth.

With he and Roberson battling with the extra attention of being the keys to the offence we needed another offensive threat.

Walker opening up the floor for the other guys to work will be good, hopefully he is with us next year.

Have really enjoyed being a part of the Phoenix as a member in their first season.

Had low expectations but we have been competitive and the atmosphere at home games is fantastic, club has done a great job.

Hard not to like what Mitchell has done with the troops at his disposal. Definitely my preferred Melbourne side. Pineau is going to need some help next year tho.

Yeah Creek does not look right at all. I know he's trying to help his team possibly make the finals but I'd shut him down.

Hard not to like what Mitchell has done with the troops at his disposal. Definitely my preferred Melbourne side. Pineau is going to need some help next year tho.

Agree, Trist isn’t up to it at this point and Benson struggled.

Would take a Pineau back up that can rebound and play D.

Even better if they could play some stretch 4 and slide over at 5 as a back up.

But might be asking too much

Yeah Creek does not look right at all. I know he's trying to help his team possibly make the finals but I'd shut him down.

Might happen if we lose vs the Kings, which is likely.

It gives Armstrong, Stephens more minutes and more of a look at Walker so worth considering.

I’m loving what Cairns are doing, as someone without a team anymore, I’d be stoked to see them go all the way.

They remind me of the ‘94 Giants, much maligned before the start of the season, fears for their future, rehashed roster, and come from nowhere playing great basketball, led by a new import PG (Machado/DMac).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heartening news for 36ers fans that Randle was actually assisting

Anstey is crazy if he doesn't think we should select Cotton for the Boomers.

With a full compliment of players does he get a look in?

In 2016 we went in with Goulding, Lisch and Damian Martin from the NBL. The other 9 were overseas-based.

Starting 5 is probably:

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes

Dellavedova and Exum are both guards getting NBA minutes. Cotton won't be far off, but I can't see him playing a big role as a midget scorer when Mills does that better and we will want Simmons with ball in hand often.

In 2016 we went in with Goulding, Lisch and Damian Martin from the NBL. The other 9 were overseas-based.

Starting 5 is probably:

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes

Dellavedova and Exum are both guards getting NBA minutes. Cotton won't be far off, but I can't see him playing a big role as a midget scorer when Mills does that better and we will want Simmons with ball in hand often.
I can’t really see how he gets a gig if we’re at full strength either tbh. Our number of NBA players just continues to grow, makes it pretty hard for the NBL guys to get a go.

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes
Dellavedova
Exum
Broekhoff
Creek
Bogut
Bolden
Maker/Humphries/Cotton/Goulding/Green etc.

I can’t really see how he gets a gig if we’re at full strength either tbh. Our number of NBA players just continues to grow, makes it pretty hard for the NBL guys to get a go.

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes
Dellavedova
Exum
Broekhoff
Creek
Bogut
Bolden

As a Wildcats fan I'll admit bias when it comes to Cotton and would have him in the squad ahead of Creek from a talent perspective, but I can see why Creek is in your squad from a team balance standpoint. Can't have too many guards.

Yeah I reckon they'll be more likely to pick 2/3/4 type players who can spread the floor and compete in defence.

Cotton gets more freedom as the focal point of the Perth offence than he ever will with the Boomers. If he is picked them I'm confident he can do a job in limited minutes, but I don't think he will be. At least for the Olympics this year.

If Cotton was clearly a level above the NBL rather than just one of the best players (i.e. scoring 30+ to everyone else's 20, not 22) then it would be a bit different.

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes
Dellavedova
Exum
Broekhoff
Creek
Bogut
Bolden
While he's not as good as Delly, Cotton is a better defender than he's given credit for. Has improved markedly under Gleeson. Puts him ahead of Goulding. Green as a raw talent is phenomenal, but I don't know if he's Olympics ready yet. If we need another big, Maker > Humphries, but between Landale, Baynes, Bogut, Bolden and Broekhoff, I think we need another guard. So I can see Cotton getting picked.

Don't discount Lisch if he's fit tho.

Agree, Trist isn’t up to it at this point and Benson struggled.

Would take a Pineau back up that can rebound and play D.

Even better if they could play some stretch 4 and slide over at 5 as a back up.

But might be asking too much

What's the status of Alex Pledger's contract? Would be a handy backup.

While he's not as good as Delly, Cotton is a better defender than he's given credit for. Has improved markedly under Gleeson. Puts him ahead of Goulding. Green as a raw talent is phenomenal, but I don't know if he's Olympics ready yet. If we need another big, Maker > Humphries, but between Landale, Baynes, Bogut, Bolden and Broekhoff, I think we need another guard. So I can see Cotton getting picked.

Don't discount Lisch if he's fit tho.

Any love for Nick Kay or former Cat Angus Brandt? 206cm and 208cm respectively. Landale and Baynes are big boys but Bolden and Broekhoff aren't in the context of international basketball. Hopefully Bogut can do a job without fouling out like he did last time around.

Starting 5 is probably:

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes

Absolutely he gets a look in. We need someone on the bench that can shoot and create their own shot. We have no one on the bench who can do that. The twelve I have at this time (assuming Cotton gets his citizenship) are:

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes

Exum
Delly
Cotton
Broekoff
Kay
Bogut
Maker???

That 12th position is still wide open. Maker has shown glimpses but for the past 18 months hasn't shown anything. Green won't be ready. Bolden has a terrible attitude and doesn't belong near the team. Goulding or Creek possibly. Plenty of G-leaguers and Euro guys to look at.

This is a team that should win a medal.

I'd loved to see Simmons play at centre and surround him with 4 shooters (Ingles, Mills, Broekoff, Cotton). Played a short time at centre today and was terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back