Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sydney Kings

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely he gets a look in. We need someone on the bench that can shoot and create their own shot. We have no one on the bench who can do that. The twelve I have at this time (assuming Cotton gets his citizenship) are:

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes

Exum
Delly
Cotton
Broekoff
Kay
Bogut
Maker???

That 12th position is still wide open. Maker has shown glimpses but for the past 18 months hasn't shown anything. Green won't be ready. Bolden has a terrible attitude and doesn't belong near the team. Goulding or Creek possibly. Plenty of G-leaguers and Euro guys to look at.

This is a team that should win a medal.

I'd loved to see Simmons play at centre and surround him with 4 shooters (Ingles, Mills, Broekoff, Cotton). Played a short time at centre today and was terrific.
So it turns out the 76ers Matisse Thybulle is an Aussie (dual citizenship). If Brown/Simmons can talk him in to it I'd certainly be taking him to Tokyo ahead of Exum and Rowdy.

So it turns out the 76ers Matisse Thybulle is an Aussie (dual citizenship). If Brown/Simmons can talk him in to it I'd certainly be taking him to Tokyo ahead of Exum and Rowdy.

If Thybulle is eligible and he wants to play I'd definitely take him. I'm surprised his name hasn't come up before.

I'd keep both Exum and Broekhoff in the squad because we need ball handling and shooting off the bench. I'd push out Maker. Simmons can back up the 5 spot and have shooters around him.

I just feel pity for the Hawks & their fans at this point. What a shitshow of a season.

The NBL have awarded NZ the win based on the score at the time (65-52 with a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter), which I think is fair enough.

Sydney Kings owner Paul Smith having a crack at the Wildcats indigenous jersey.

1580626688594.png

Not the kind of attention the NBL would have wanted but * all they'll do about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Thybulle is eligible and he wants to play I'd definitely take him. I'm surprised his name hasn't come up before.

I'd keep both Exum and Broekhoff in the squad because we need ball handling and shooting off the bench. I'd push out Maker. Simmons can back up the 5 spot and have shooters around him.
It was uncertain whether he had Aussie citizenship or not. The 76'ers and Dept of Home Affairs have both confirmed he has.

The "travel trail" on the Wildcat's jersey is pretty petty, but this is not a good look from someone who should know better
Smith is the single biggest w***er in the NBL. He's a poorly spoken, short-sighted POS, who just happens to be rich.

I don't think the NBL needs an indigenous round. Reeks a bit of being just another marketing push when there are so few indigenous players in the league. That being said, since we have it's best not to make a dick of yourself about it when you are a team owner. And if you do, don't issue a public apology that isn't an apology.

What about Kyrie? He might get lost on the way down here given the sphericity of the Earth and all that but he's already won gold with the US, time to come home. :)
Pass.

Not a Kyrie fan to be honest. Great player, but every team he's ever been to has seemed to do better without him.

I don't think the NBL needs an indigenous round. Reeks a bit of being just another marketing push when there are so few indigenous players in the league. That being said, since we have it's best not to make a dick of yourself about it when you are a team owner. And if you do, don't issue a public apology that isn't an apology.

I don’t think you need a large contingent of players in your league, to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land. And maybe it’s a bridge to potentially bring further talented indigenous youth into the game.

But it did seem a little rushed, I think there was a bit of pressure to do it and perhaps it wasn’t handled as well as it could have been. However I see that as no reason not to continue and to plan better in future.

Seeing the pride it brings to blokes like Patty and Nate makes it worthwhile.

Pass.

Not a Kyrie fan to be honest. Great player, but every team he's ever been to has seemed to do better without him.

Yeah TBH I don't love him either, but he's a 6 time All Star, All NBA second team, NBA champion etc. and we don't have guys of that calibre.

PG Simmons
SG Irving (career 22 ppg, 39% 3 point shooter)
SF Ingles (career 41% 3 point shooter)

would be a handy setup.

I don’t think you need a large contingent of players in your league, to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land. And maybe it’s a bridge to potentially bring further talented indigenous youth into the game.

But it did seem a little rushed, I think there was a bit of pressure to do it and perhaps it wasn’t handled as well as it could have been. However I see that as no reason not to continue and to plan better in future.

Seeing the pride it brings to blokes like Patty and Nate makes it worthwhile.
Agreed. Just because it was mishandled by some people this time doesn't mean it should be thrown out if it is/has the potential to do some good.

There would have been no issue if they had come up with a better explanation for the design and if the King's owner wasn't such a petty loud mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back