Not open for further replies.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Terrico White not on the Wildcats list at the top of this topic. I don't think he's indicated anything other than a desire to suit up again for the Wildcats. Big concern losing both big men Brandt and Jervis. Hope they are not pinning their faith in Rhys Vague, he over rates his own shooting ability. We need a couple of quality replacements for Brandt and Jervis. Hopefully Terrico returns.
Some good stuff in this tweet:

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Perth usually sign imports after summer league. So gonna have to wait a couple weeks unless its evans. Gleeson in the Pacers coaching ranks will give him a great look at some options and can bounce ideas off high quality coaches. Fully expect to end up with a relatively unknown player that fits the system.

Dockersman

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Moto GP, F1
I hope they do a better scouting job than the last two centres they brought from the States. Derek Cook Jr great athlete but poor shooter and spent most of his life playing football.

The one before him with the dreddies wasn't anything for the opposition to worry about either. Was mainly coming off the bench as back up centre in the end. Still won the championship but not due to any great impact on his part.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Dockersman

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Moto GP, F1
Well that reminds of another underwhelming import. The big hair highlight reel wannabe that couldn't shoot. His name escapes me. Got to worry about Damo's ability to make the court from week to week and Jesse Wagstaff probably had his worst season in the NBL last season. I hope we've got some young talent coming through.

Well that reminds of another underwhelming import. The big hair highlight reel wannabe that couldn't shoot. His name escapes me. Got to worry about Damo's ability to make the court from week to week and Jesse Wagstaff probably had his worst season in the NBL last season. I hope we've got some young talent coming through.

JP Tokoto?

Dockersman

Senior List
Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Moto GP, F1
He was decent in college for memory surprised he flopped in nbl
Don't think he bought in to the Wildcats "team first" approach hence they were happy to show him the door.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
2 more Next Stars join the NBL:

The Sydney Kings are preparing to welcome Brazilian-born NBA prospect Marcos Louzada Silva (affectionately known as Didi) to the Club as part of the NBL Next Stars program for the 2019-20 NBL season.
At just 20 years of age, Louzada was selected as the 35th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft by the New Orleans Pelicans (pending trade with the Atlanta Hawks).
http://www.sydneykings.com/news/article/sydney-kings-swoop-on-next-star

---
The NBL’s Next Stars program has claimed yet another probable 2020 NBA Draftee, with Terry Armstrong joining the South East Melbourne Phoenix.
Armstrong, a 6’6 shooting guard, had originally committed to the University of Arizona, but questions over his eligibility status seemingly led to his decision to pursue a year of professional basketball before declaring for the NBA Draft.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/basket...r/news-story/67f55c8b5f2e23fcb02b8d20a27f17e8

Last edited:
I wonder why Perth isnt attracting any Next Stars talent? Perhaps they dont think theyll get any minutes in a strong lineup. Or maybe its the isolation?

Salary cap space could be a other issue. Cotton would be on big bucks.

Salary cap space could be a other issue. Cotton would be on big bucks.
Next Stars salary is paid for by the league I thought?

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I wonder why Perth isnt attracting any Next Stars talent? Perhaps they dont think theyll get any minutes in a strong lineup. Or maybe its the isolation?
They get placed to teams via the league. It's not like they sign up to the cats. Hence why illawarra/se magic get them not united. It's actually a great way for those teams to geneeate some revenue. Ild imagine the hawks will be better off with the chance of international exposure then profitable big market teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back