Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sydney Kings

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In an interview last year Cotton said it was a bit of a 'thing' back in high school (or maybe it was even college) where he would regularly play bad in the first half but then come out and drop 20-30 in the second half and finish best on court. He said now that he's a pro whenever he starts bad he just thinks back to when he was younger and it settles him mentally and gives him his confidence again.

Cotton is an absolute beast #MambaMentality

quality has improved vastly to what it was
Been watching regularly for about 4 seasons now and yep it is a classy league now. Great talent on show nowadays

Was a very good ref in his prime, but he’s gone about 3 years too long, and is far too sensitive these days.

The bench warning he gave to the Wildcats today was a joke.

until he tells a player he'll award a foul because spirit of the game, he hasnt reached afl levels yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno, the era of Uber Flogs Andy Vlahov, Scott Fisher, Gazey, Lanard Copeland, Tim Morrissey, Phil 'scared of Magic Johnson' Smythe, Brett Maher etc is pretty hard to top for biggest ****heads in one time in the NBL

What on earth did Brett Maher do to be on a "uber flog" list? Granted i might be biased but i dont recall Maher ever doing anything that would make him despised (maybe the odd whine to the ref, but if that was the case Gaze would be the on the top of the list). Same with Lanard Copeland, I always enjoyed watching him play and cant recall anything inflammatory he did.

What on earth did Brett Maher do to be on a "uber flog" list? Granted i might be biased but i dont recall Maher ever doing anything that would make him despised (maybe the odd whine to the ref, but if that was the case Gaze would be the on the top of the list). Same with Lanard Copeland, I always enjoyed watching him play and cant recall anything inflammatory he did.

Got a grudge from the 36ers beating the Vic Titans in a couple of grand finals, to be honest:) He was a champion player though I admit.

As for Copeland, as an old school North Melbourne Giants, than Titans fan, Copeland was easily the most annoying/hated Tigers player from those heated rivalry clashes in the 90s. Guess you had to be there but those Melbourne derbies in the 90s and early 00s were pretty heated.

Actually really hope United revert back to the Tigers, and let's start up those old rivalries again. It's hard to feel the same loathing for a plastic, bland (If not soulless) entity like United.

Got a grudge from the 36ers beating the Vic Titans in a couple of grand finals, to be honest:) He was a champion player though I admit.

As for Copeland, as an old school North Melbourne Giants, than Titans fan, Copeland was easily the most annoying/hated Tigers player from those heated rivalry clashes in the 90s. Guess you had to be there but those Melbourne derbies in the 90s and early 00s were pretty heated.

Actually really hope United revert back to the Tigers, and let's start up those old rivalries again. It's hard to feel the same loathing for a plastic, bland (If not soulless) entity like United.

I certainly agree with you that the only thing (other than 48 min games) this NBL is lacking is genuine rivalries. I know why they have done but it would have been great to have the Phoenix revert back to the SE Melbourne Magic and United revert back to the Tigers. The Magic players could have entered the court through Tony Ronaldson's huge ass (a noticeable absentee from your flog list).

From memory its happened once or twice in the last couple of years where he's absolutely butchered it in the first half clunking everything and not looking any good

And then he went on to score 20+ in the 2nd half

Yep 0 points up til just before 3 quarter time then 27 points and the daggers in the 4th and overtime against the Kings last season.

The man just knows how to turn it on when the game is on the line.

Been enjoying the NBL this season. Like what they're putting out there on a regular basis. Seems to be many close thrilling games. Sydney with their MVP laden roster will be hard to topple if everyone is fit. This Will Weaver is an interesting chap. Wonder where he'll go as a coach after Sydney. His mannerisms are interesting to watch lol

Last edited:
Maher complained to/about the refs more than the rest of the competition did combined. Notorious bitch.

Don't understand the Copeland comment tho. Great to watch and by all reports was a great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back