• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the most enjoyable games I've watched as a neutral this season.

-Great to see the underdog Hawks get their s**t together. They played some great basketball
-Special breakout night from Lamelo, hopefully he builds on this.
-Great to see ex-Wildcat development player Dech with a breakout game.
-Anderson winding back the clock
-Boone with his best game of the year

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Finally made it to my first phoenix game of the season. Terrible first half from both teams (except for Rice Jnr!), luckily for the phoenix they woke up in the second half. A shame Hampton was tossed as I was looking forward to watching him, but he had to go for those two actions. And the sooner we break away from the FIBA unsportsmanlike foul rule the better.
Really glad the phoenix have dropped the in game music right back, but whoever gave out clappers should be fired :) my god they are annoying

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Finally made it to my first phoenix game of the season. Terrible first half from both teams (except for Rice Jnr!), luckily for the phoenix they woke up in the second half. A shame Hampton was tossed as I was looking forward to watching him, but he had to go for those two actions. And the sooner we break away from the FIBA unsportsmanlike foul rule the better.
Really glad the phoenix have dropped the in game music right back, but whoever gave out clappers should be fired :) my god they are annoying

I don't reckon the live brass sounds that great.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I don't reckon the live brass sounds that great.
We didn't mind it. Some parts were good, others a bit meh. I think with a bit more experience on when to play at games they will be fine.

Separate subject, Keith Benson DNP - Coaches Decision. Surely they will be looking to replace him.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
How is Didi a next star if he's already been drafted?

Playing well today though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Sydney went to the league and asked if they could change the rules to allow draft and stash guys to be next stars. Kind of dodgy, but at least it opens up options for everyone next year.

Huge (and kind of unfair) advantage for Sydney this year though, guys like James Ennis, Jordan Mcrae, Deandre Daniels, etc in the past were imports in a similar situation.

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
Sydney went to the league and asked if they could change the rules to allow draft and stash guys to be next stars. Kind of dodgy, but at least it opens up options for everyone next year.

Huge (and kind of unfair) advantage for Sydney this year though, guys like James Ennis, Jordan Mcrae, Deandre Daniels, etc in the past were imports in a similar situation.
NBL loves looking after big market teams.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Sydney and Melbourne are clearly the top 2 sides, in my opinion. Despite their record, United have lost 3 close games (under 3 points iirc) and with three new imports it was not always guaranteed to click straight away. Not to mention one of the imports, Prather, has only just returned. Perth will always be thereabouts, tough as and hard to beat at home. I just don't think they've quite got the talent of United/Sydney. 4th looks like it will be a battle between Phoenix and Brisbane. I must say I didn't think the Phoenix would be quite this good, kudos to Greer, Mitchell and co.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
LMAO these commentators have absolutely no clue what they’re talking about.

Going on about Hunt picking up a cheap off the ball foul when the bloke is sitting on the bench and has been for 3 minutes

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide have a bunch of talent and supposedly a decent coach but continually shoot themselves in the foot.

Silly turnovers, fouling three point shooters deep in the shot clock, their bigs want to shoot from 20 feet instead of taking it to the basket. Cotton has been pretty average tonight, any decent team should take advantage. Unfortunately the 36ers are s**t at being professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back