Club Legend
Pokemon is Life A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
Don’t forget that “the basketball here tonight is as good as any you will see, anywhere in the world.”

Then a few minutes later telling us how much he is looking forward to watching the Lakers v Rockets when he is over in the States.

Get you story straight you screaming harpy.

Then there is the sell out crowd of 11,000 in the 18,000 seat Qudos Bank Arena.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I’m of the option that up to this point round 13 had been the best of the season so far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Sign up their imports for next season, will be disappointed if they end up at “big” clubs.

Wildcats to have this lineup next year with Machado and Oliver being handy Wagstaff/Damo replacements ;)

Machado/Norton
Cotton (naturalised)/Travers
White/Stiendl/Wani
Kay/Vague
Oliver/Majok

In all seriousness though, I hope cairns can hang onto some of their guns like Oliver/Machado/etc. They've done some awesome recruiting the last few years. Arguably the best recruiters in the league, especially given they'd have one of the, if not the, smallest budgets. Imagine the team their front office could assemble with a bit more $$$

Last edited:

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't believe we are two thirds of the way through the season and they still haven't really addressed the issue of the scoreboard on TV changing too quickly due to the slight delay on the feed.

They need to just wait an extra like second or two after a score before updating the scoreboard.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
* the refs have been terrible this year.

Seems like everyone else has figured Sydney out. If it turns out Sydney v Cairns in the first round of the finals, I'm throwing $50 on Cairns.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Wildcats to have this lineup next year with Machado and Oliver being handy Wagstaff/Damo replacements ;)

Machado/Norton
Cotton (naturalised)/Travers
White/Stiendl/Wani
Kay/Vague
Oliver/Majok

In all seriousness though, I hope cairns can hang onto some of their guns like Oliver/Machado/etc. They've done some awesome recruiting the last few years. Arguably the best recruiters in the league, especially given they'd have one of the, if not the, smallest budgets. Imagine the team their front office could assemble with a bit more $$$
I saw a comment on Twitter a while back (can't remember who) that Oliver was the Cat's first choice, ahead of Hunt. If we'd signed him, we'd be three games clear on top of the ladder. Outside chance of the MVP.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Griffin on Cotton has been surprisingly effective from the bits of this game I've seen

You're right and yet Cotton still managed 22 points. That's the sign of a quality player.

Additionally that was the first time ever that both White and Cotton have scored more than 20 and the Wildcats have lost.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
As purely a basketball fan, how good is this league? Inside 24 hours the bottom two teams beat the top two teams.
You don't get that in the NBA, it's the type of parity the AFL strives for but so rarely produces.

Damn Cairns are fun to watch, stoked they are doing so well after all the preseason doom and gloom.

Sign up their imports for next season, will be disappointed if they end up at “big” clubs.

Like all the other seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back