• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
From what I've seen so far, I think Plumlee will fit in very nicely. Need to remember he only spent like like 24hrs in Perth with one training session before flying out to the Gong.

Offers everything the cats love and need. Rebounding, rim protection, setting screens to get Cotton/White/Steindl open, able to run the floor and finish at the rim.

Give him a few games to settle in and him and the cats will be primed for the playoffs.

They set dunks as one of the objectives for the bush fire appeal? Were they trying to not donate money?

I'm surprised there have even been 2 in this game
POTY nom :D

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Interesting to see the Phoenix make an import change - bringing in Devondrick Walker to replace Keith Benson. Seems too late, but good on them I reckon for not giving up on the season. If I was a member I'd appreciate that.
Beat Perth in Perth on Friday and they're still in the mix. Big ask though!
As a Cats fan I'm curious to see Walker in action seeing as he was our original import a couple of years ago before copping a serious pre-season injury and being replaced by JP Tokoto.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Interesting to see the Phoenix make an import change - bringing in Devondrick Walker to replace Keith Benson. Seems too late, but good on them I reckon for not giving up on the season. If I was a member I'd appreciate that.
As a Cats fan I'm curious to see Walker in action seeing as he was our original import a couple of years ago before copping a serious pre-season injury and being replaced by JP Tokoto.
Well they did need to get longer and more athletic, he ticks both of those boxes

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Honestly, there's a strong argument that Walker's injury cost the Wildcats being 4x reigning champs. Tokoto was never the right fit, as much as he was s**t-hot fun to watch.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
From what I've seen so far, I think Plumlee will fit in very nicely. Need to remember he only spent like like 24hrs in Perth with one training session before flying out to the Gong.

Offers everything the cats love and need. Rebounding, rim protection, setting screens to get Cotton/White/Steindl open, able to run the floor and finish at the rim.

Give him a few games to settle in and him and the cats will be primed for the playoffs.
It's interesting to see that Plumlee is already talking about being here for more than just the rest of the season.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
maybe perth was the only team to show interest
There was a big interview in the The West with Plumlee earlier in the week, where he said after the failed China experiment, he was basically ready to retire. Sick of being on middling or worse teams, had never won anything in his professional career (remember he won an NCAA title with Duke). Said the only thing he heard from his agent is that the Wildcats win, and he was on a plane to Perth that day. Made the comment "Might be here next year, might be here in 5 years."

He's not here for the money. The Grizzlies still owe him nearly US $18m for this year. He's here because he wants to win a title.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
36ers launched their controversial indigenous round singlet today - the artist apparently said it's representative of WA :$

I wonder if the artist got more than 2 tickets to the game for it...

Last edited:

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Craziness is right. 11 points in the last quarter from apparently one of the best two teams in the league.

Ware is a shadow of himself, and the supporting cast is inconsistent to say the least. Sydney will get dumped by whoever they play in the last four.

Oh, and the five minute reviews are ridiculous. Seriously, one tech each and play on ffs. Every other league is trying to speed up but for some reason the NBL wants a game to last four hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back