Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sydney Kings

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majok Majok will be very handy at age 26 and 206cm he is the perfect fit. It helps he was raised here and has family here. He will hopefully inspire more African local talent to play the game.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

When is SEM going to sign some internationals

They are interested in getting Tacko Fall to Aus if he doesn't get signed to an NBA team

Would make for a spectacle, NBL players tend to be even shorter than the NBA ones

Last edited:
Where did you hear that?

According to the NBL’s Liam Santamaria, the South East Melbourne Phoenix have inquired about the possibility of signing one of the world’s tallest individuals.

“The Phoenix want to play an up-tempo style, so whether (the Tacko discussion) progresses will be interesting to see,” Santamaria said.

Can’t see how he wouldn’t dominate the NBL unless he’s a complete unco
Watching some footage of him, only major flaw is free throw shooting. I reckon the Celtics will hang onto him.

With David Andersen signing today, I think the Hawks are the first team to complete their 2019/20 roster, and it should be a pretty good one if the Ball & Brooks combo works out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See how John Roberson goes in the NBL, not really expecting Phoenix to be a very good team next season
It all depends on whether Creek plays or not. If he does then they should be competitive at least. A quality centre makes this a good starting 5, guards off the bench are fine, it's the backup bigs where they will be lacking and likely asking Creek/Wesley to move up to the 4/5 at times with 3 guards on the court.
Roberson (can certainly shoot, hopefully he plays some D also)
Magden
Creek
Wesley
Import #3
Bench :
G Adnam/Gibson/Stephens
F Pineua/Trist/Acouth

It all depends on whether Creek plays or not. If he does then they should be competitive at least. A quality centre makes this a good starting 5, guards off the bench are fine, it's the backup bigs where they will be lacking and likely asking Creek/Wesley to move up to the 4/5 at times with 3 guards on the court.
Roberson (can certainly shoot, hopefully he plays some D also)
Magden
Creek
Wesley
Import #3
Bench :
G Adnam/Gibson/Stephens
F Pineua/Trist/Acouth
Hopefully they can get a Center like Amile Jefferson, I am worried by the bigs.

Fixture was released today (showing dates, but missing the tip-off times).
Regular season is still 28 games, meaning that with the extra team in the league it's no longer 4 games vs every other team. It's 4 vs some, and 3 vs others.

NBL.com.au Schedule Page

Require a decent centre
These loss of Brandt is a big hole to fill. That hook shot on either hand was so hard to block. Set bone crunching screens as well.

That's a big coverage shift going from Fox Sports to ESPN + SBS.
Thank goodness for the high-profile 'Next Stars' joining the league this season, as I'm guessing they were a big influence in ESPN wanting to be involved.

That's a big coverage shift going from Fox Sports to ESPN + SBS.
Thank goodness for the high-profile 'Next Stars' joining the league this season, as I'm guessing they were a big influence in ESPN wanting to be involved.

I hope this means no more of BT and Derwayne's rubbish commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back