NBL 2020/21 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this works out for the Hawks, as a small market team they'll have stability and money to spend that they've never had before. More staff and facilities as well as being capable of spend a bit more on players will make them a more competitive team and finally it will ensure the financial stability of the only remaining club to have participated in every NBL season since 1979.

Last edited:
d340bd00fa37e80a906dd2583b37a577.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d340bd00fa37e80a906dd2583b37a577.jpg

So I think it’s safe assume that Melo has put his hand up as one potential new owner.

Wonder who else is in the running...

Haven’t listened to it yet but according to the NBL pocketpod supposedly the Kings owner Paul Smith tried to buy the Hawks but was rejected.
Yeah that would be a great idea .... the guy that owns the league owns (or at least "owns") United so why not have 1 guy own 2 teams :D

Yeah that would be a great idea .... the guy that owns the league owns (or at least "owns") United so why not have 1 guy own 2 teams :D

I’ve listened to the pod and supposedly the NBL wasn’t a fan of 1 bloke owning 2 teams in the 1 state (don’t know if it would change if he tried to own another team in a different state).

Supposedly Smith was a Hawks fan well before he was owner of the Kings.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin White is now a free agent after agreeing to being released by the 36ers.

Im shocked after what happened in February......

It was always going to happen. He chose to burn his bridges at the 36ers.

I’d be surprised if another club will take the risk of signing him up given his conduct at the end of the season.

I’d be surprised if another club will take the risk of signing him up given his conduct at the end of the season.
There'll be another team next season. He may get lucky.

It's not as if he was one the out and out must have stars of the competition where you get to forgive some attitude issues.
He was very much a bottom of the rotation. 2 points per game, few minutes of relief per game, 33 year old in an average team sort of guy.

I'd be stunned if he stays in the NBL.

It's not as if he was one the out and out must have stars of the competition where you get to forgive some attitude issues.
He was very much a bottom of the rotation. 2 points per game, few minutes of relief per game, 33 year old in an average team sort of guy.

I'd be stunned if he stays in the NBL.
Didnt know he was co-captain

Didnt know he was co-captain
Was that a statement or a question?

Regardless, I did , and it was a strange one from the start. Sort of an off court captain. At 8 minutes a game he was hardly the on court guy. The other captain, Teys, seemed a bit of a coaches favourite rather than the best leader choice as well.

And would that influence your decision as to whether your team picked him up for next year?

NBA killing our Next Stars programme :( Booo! :thumbsdown:
California high school star Jalen Green, the No. 1 prospect in the 2020 ESPN 100, is making the leap to a reshaped NBA professional pathway program -- a G League initiative that sources say will pay elite prospects $500,000-plus and provide a one-year development program outside of the minor league's traditional team structure.
Green -- a potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 NBA draft -- announced Thursday that he is bypassing college to become the professional pathway's first participant, a decision that likely clears the way for more commitments from elite prospects.
NBA commissioner Adam Silver and G League president Shareef Abdur-Rahim have worked to eliminate two massive hurdles to convincing players uninterested in college basketball to pass on the lucrative National Basketball League of Australia by providing a massive salary increase and a structure that doesn't include playing full time in the G League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back