Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Can't have two mammoths on the floor at the same time, so how about Bogut plays as Plumlee's backup. Limited minutes, high impact, keeps him in touch while preserving his body for Tokyo. Everyone wins. Lock it in.
You're a thinker. I like it.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Bogut was waiting to see if Bryce signed back up.

Plumlee-Bogut-Cotton-Norton-Steindl starting line up?

<Please note this is firmly tongue in cheek!>
Can't have two mammoths on the floor at the same time, so how about Bogut plays as Plumlee's backup. Limited minutes, high impact, keeps him in touch while preserving his body for Tokyo. Everyone wins. Lock it in.

I genuinely think it would be a very smart decision for him to sign in Perth to play behind Plumlee and it would be the perfect situation to get him primed for Tokyo. Helps him get fit and healthy, preserves his body, gets to train against a quality genuine 7 footer, plus throw in the chance to compete for a ring. No way it actually happens, but it's fun to dream of lol.

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If Cotton gets his citizenship that'll free up an import spot for Perth. They could technically be running around with 3 imports next season still.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
If Cotton gets his citizenship that'll free up an import spot for Perth. They could technically be running around with 3 imports next season still.

Kings had Tate, Ware and Taylor last year plus Louzhada as a Next Star and Lisch who is naturalised. And Bogut on a fat contract...

Over the years we've had Fisher, Grace, Redhage, Cal Bruton as naturalised players.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
But did he ever take up citizenship? I don't think he did.
Yes he did.

That batshit crazy 1991 team had Pete Hansen and Ricky Grace as imports, the naturalised Pinder and Crawford and some new guy called Vlahov.

Lol Cotton$

Worth every cent
ETc9tIYVAAAAjQ9.jpg

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
You'd think with that the Cats will be going hard for Plumlee or a similar player. Cotton has thrived on those screens at the top of the arc, and Miles was doing an outstanding job of that at the end of the season.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hopefully the taste of winning another title is enough for Plumlee to want to come back.
Will be better after having more time to adjust to the league as well
There was a story immediately after the finals (it came via Lachy Reid, so there must be at least a little merit to it) that Plumlee basically said to the club "If you want me, I'm yours."

Those Angus Brandt rumours haven't gone away either.

Oh, and early apologies to non-Wildcats fans in here. Yeah, we're going to be a little difficult to live with for a while. You can't blame us tho. :)
As you long as you stop talking about bringing in Bogut as a backup centre, I can deal with this.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Lachie saying it's the biggest NBL deal ever (Cotton), how can this be true with the 50% pay cuts this season?

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Lachie saying it's the biggest NBL deal ever (Cotton), how can this be true with the 50% pay cuts this season?
They probably back ended it a s**t load. Ware was rumoured to be on $700k+ and the highest paid import last season. So Cotton could be on over $700k+.

I'm completely making up these numbers below, but he could be on something like a 3 year / $2.2mil deal and earning only $200k in the first year (avoid the huge pay cut) and then a million for each of the next 2 years.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
They probably back ended it a s**t load. Ware was rumoured to be on $700k+ and the highest paid import last season. So cotton Could be on over $700k+. I'm completely making up these numbers, but he could be on something like a 3 year / $2.2mil deal and earning only $200k in the first year (avoid the huge pay cut) and then a million for each of the next 2 years.

Yeah but that doesn't leave much money to fill out the rest of roster years 2 and 3 without paying mega luxury tax (I think that's how it works in the NBL, I know there's a soft cap)

Back