Club Legend
Pokemon is Life A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
We’re the last place Goulding would have gone to. Too unknown how the Red Army would have reacted. He’s hated over here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as I dislike Goulding I will point out that Scott Fisher was one of the most hated players in Perth before 93, now his number hangs from the rafters.

Goulding did spend part of his early career in Perth as well
Christopher+Goulding+2008+2009+NBL+Portraits+k812Fh_7cXLl.jpg

Interesting though 2 have been used before

Mountaineers ?

Like Timber or some play on the forests down there as Devils and Tigers can’t be used, supposedly.

Tasmania Titans
Tasmania Spirit
Tasmania Mountaineers

I feel that in some cases, nicknames for proper nouns ending with an "a" just dont roll off the tongue.

Here, we tend to chuck an N at the end, ie Victorian Bushrangers.

Exceptions are illawarra hawks, and her cousin the atlanta hawks.

As much as I dislike Goulding I will point out that Scott Fisher was one of the most hated players in Perth before 93, now his number hangs from the rafters.
Great point. Hatred of players is commonplace and enshrined in this nations history. But examples are numerous illustrating hatred quickly forgotten, and evidence swiftly deleted, and suddenly he or she is their favourite player.

Steel Eagles

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Palmyra
AFL Club
West Coast

The Perth Wildcats are excited to announce the signing of Australian wing Todd Blanchfield to a two-year contract.

At 200cm and 95kg, Blanchfield is a versatile, dynamic scorer with the ability to get hot from beyond-the-arc.

The 28-year-old said he’s thrilled to be joining the reigning NBL Champions.

“It’s obviously a really good group of guys and the organisation is top notch, as good as you’re going to get in the NBL, so it’s pretty cool to be a part of that,” said Blanchfield.

“Everyone wants to achieve a championship in their career, and that’s what I’m chasing, and Perth have done that quite a lot in the last few years!

“On the court, I like to shoot the ball, I’ve obviously become known as a three-point shooter, but I also like to put some heat on the rim. Defensively, I like to be vocal and loud so my teammates know I’ve got their back.

“I’m only 28, so everyday I’m looking to get better and improve in some way, and ultimately push for that championship. I just want to come in and do what I need to do to help this team push for that.”

While playing for the Illawarra Hawks over the last two NBL seasons, Blanchfield has averaged 13.6 points per game at 44.9% from the field, plus 4.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 0.9 steals.

On New Year’s Day this year, he piled on a career-high 35 points on the back of seven triples against the Adelaide 36ers.

Wildcats coach Trevor Gleeson said adding quality local talent is crucial this season.

“Todd is versatile, he’s long and athletic, he can score inside and out and he’s a good rebounder. He has a lot of strings to his bow and we really think he’s going to flourish in our system, particularly with playing alongside Bryce Cotton,” he said.

“I don’t believe he’s reached his full potential yet, and now that’s our job as a coaching staff for the next two years to make sure he gets there. There’s a big upside with Todd, he’s already a very good player in the NBL, but we can turn him into an exceptional player.

“We think we’ve got the right guy to fill that wing position.”

Todd Blanchfield is from Mackay, Queensland, and he began his NBL journey for the Townsville Crocodiles in 2009 as a 17-year-old, where he remained for six seasons.

In 2015 he was signed by Melbourne United for two seasons before he made a one-year stop at the Sydney Kings on his way to the Hawks.

Despite his age, he incredibly has 283 games of NBL experience under his belt.

On the international stage, Blanchfield was a part of the Australian Boomers Gold Medal-winning side at the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup.

He was also featured on the national team for the recent FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers.

Todd Blanchfield joins Bryce Cotton, Mitch Norton, Jesse Wagstaff, Clint Steindl, Majok Majok, Wani Swaka Lo Buluk and Luke Travers (DP) on the Perth Wildcats 2020/21 playing roster.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Pokemon is Life A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
Another top talent stolen from the Hawks by Perth as they are hitting their peak. :thumbsu:

Seriously though great addition to the team. May need more from him on the boards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back