Club Legend
Pokemon is Life A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
3 hubs in capitals the safe states with 2 of them operating at one time in order to allow for a 14 day quarantine in the 3rd?

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Perth has signed import PF John Mooney as a Nick Kay replacement.
Seems like a decent signing. 16.2 ppg & 12.7 rpg in his last season of college this year. 25 double doubles in 31 games.

Last edited:

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Perth has signed import PF John Mooney as a Nick Kay replacement.
Seems like a decent signing. 16.2 ppg & 12.7 rpg in his last season of college this year. 25 double doubles in 31 games.
Seems like he has an NBA out clause. Not surprising.

Edit: NBA draft lottery 20th August, not sure of the actual draft date. So we could get him and lose him pretty quick.

If I'm honest, I can't see him not getting picked up. His numbers and level of comp look good.
It could well be that he's hoping for the NBA and took the 'Cats as an insurance policy.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems like he has an NBA out clause. Not surprising.

Edit: NBA draft lottery 20th August, not sure of the actual draft date. So we could get him and lose him pretty quick.

If I'm honest, I can't see him not getting picked up. His numbers and level of comp look good.
It could well be that he's hoping for the NBA and took the 'Cats as an insurance policy.
It's on October 16. Apparently he's staying in America until then according to a West article that's behind a paywall that I can't read.

He's not being really being discussed as a draft prospect. Seems like most websites consider his draft range to be from 2nd round to undrafted. So you would assume the chances of him being drafted is reasonably low especially since the Cats decided to take a punt on him. Even if does end up as a low draft pick there's no guarantee of a contract.

Stats aren't everything in any case, there are plenty of undrafted players with very impressive college stats with little or no interest, including Aussie players that end up in the NBL or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Even if he is drafted, is there the possibility that his club would have him stay and develop in Perth but keep the rights to him?

I'm not up to date with the workings of the NBA.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Even if he is drafted, is there the possibility that his club would have him stay and develop in Perth but keep the rights to him?

I'm not up to date with the workings of the NBA.

If I understand correctly it would qualify him for the Next Stars program

Last edited:

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
If I understand correctly it would qualify him for the Next Stars program
To which the Wildcats would then have an import spot free.

And Miles Plumlee is STILL not signed to anyone....

Could it be that the Wildcats are gambling on either the above scenario or Bryce's citizenship getting approved before finalising their squad?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
IMG_0883.jpg

Surely Timbers wins. Best out of all those by a bit.

View attachment 952723

Surely Timbers wins. Best out of all those by a bit.

Tridents
Pro: nautical theme, tassie has water around it. Not bad. Alliteration. IF trident is something a kid can hold, make into a plush toy, ok.
Con: Needs a better logo though, something like Zeus. Alliteration.

Jackjumpers
- in USA you have sun devils, blue devils, running rebels. Noun-noun, verb-noun. It CAN work
Pro: its different. Maybe could work. In Australia we love shortening things, do we go Tasmania Jacks, or Jumpers?
Cons: Jumpers has a very negative connotation

Timbers
Pro: yes. Need a lumberjack with a big axe as the logo with trees behind.
Cons: alliteration. I think actually the word tasmania doesnt lend itself to sporting names. I thought its because it has an A on the end, but then Atlanta does, and atlanta hawks sounds good.

Pride
Pros: I dont mind it. Different. The Tasmania Pride. Strong.
Cons: What is a pride? How do you make that into a plush toy? Oh wait, there's a lion there. I like it

Mountaineers
Pros: Strong name too. The mounties. Mountains are tall like basketballers.
Cons: cant really think of any.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I think Jack Jumpers would be quite appropriate particularly when the sting is described as: "Their sting generally only causes a mild local reaction in humans."
that's Tasmanian to a tee.

Back