Just a bit outside...
Jan 7, 2020
Rent-free in your head
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NK, NUJ, SK, ST, NSWW, NSWP, MUFC
I really hope the teams improve the positioning of sponsors on the jersey

Well judging by the Kings jersey.....not by much. Although, Brydens' logo isn't a easy logo to slot in at that size:

kin0486-1120-kings-21-jersey-release-679x420-2.jpg

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Tate is off to the NBA, joining Weaver at the Rockets on a 3 year deal.

Personally see him struggling in the NBA. Did very well as a very undersized PF in the NBL where he was able to use his athleticism and speed to make up for his lack of size, won't have those advantages in the NBA though. Not sure he's skilled enough to be a good NBA SG/SF either.

Very surprised he's on a 3 year deal, I would have thought they'd go just the 1 to try him out.

The_Game_1981

Club Legend
Pokemon is Life A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Oct 14, 2009
A Yellow Submarine
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle, The Exers
Tate is off to the NBA, joining Weaver at the Rockets on a 3 year deal.

Personally see him struggling in the NBA. Did very well as a very undersized PF in the NBL where he was able to use his athleticism and speed to make up for his lack of size, won't have those advantages in the NBA though. Not sure he's skilled enough to be a good NBA SG/SF either.

Very surprised he's on a 3 year deal, I would have thought they'd go just the 1 to try him out.

Charles Barkley was an undersized Power Forward at 6'5" and Tate is very much in that mould. I'm not claiming he's on Sir Charles level but he could be a solid sixth man through out his NBA career.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
That seems like kind of a crazy comparison, but regardless I'm very happy for the guy.
Like BG__ I am surprised - no way I would have picked him to get a 3 year deal right off the bat - but hope he carves out a niche for himself. The more successful NBL -> NBA conversions we see the better it is for our league.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Adelaide 36ers sign second US Import Tony Crocker
The Adelaide 36ers are proud to announce the signing of second import and former EuroLeague star Tony Crocker for the 2020-21 NBL season.
The Oklahoma native and former NCAA standout from Oklahoma University, Tony’s decade-long pro-career has included significant stints in the Basketball Super League in Turkey and the EuroLeague.
The 6.7ft, 33-year-old forward most recently played with Pinar Karsiyaka in the Turkish Super League and the Basketball Champions League as their swingman. During the 2019-20 season, Tony averaged 10.5 points during the COVID shortened season. He had previously played in the EuroLeague including for powerhouse Khimki Moscow.

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Wildcats can't guarantee members entry this season, due to crowd restrictions while having 11k members for a 14k stadium

Interesting that they're still keeping a small part of the tax deductible option as not tax deductible, and then treating members who take this option as non-members for the season.

Which is quite the contrast to what several AFL clubs offered members, who offered both the tax deductibility (minus a membership fee) with all the perks associated with the members pledge option.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cam Bairstow's brother coming in to replace Majok Majok. Interesting move signing a QLD state league player, perhaps for salary cap/cost saving reasons? Hopefully he'll turn out well though.

Are they related to former Geelong Champ Mark Bairstow (I assume they are his lads) ?

Back