NBL 2020/21 Season

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Geez... we were strictly average today I thought, but United just plain flat.
Can always count on the Cats to at least play hard, and that was enough.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Fair effort by the Phoenix to turn that around after the horror 1st quarter they had
Never in doubt, they've come back from a heavy early-on deficit last few games I think.. Top 4 team now, looking forward to seeing how they go with Broekhoff

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why do nbl teams not foul in the last minute when they’re more than 3 down? The number of games that just drain out when quick fouls and missed free throws could put them back in the balance is mind-blowing.

Just another reminder of how this is not genuine professional sport - it’s elevated amateur at best.

Joe9

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
lol@nbl

Scotty Hopson just had the worst game I've ever seen from a basketball player. Bricking shots, bricking free-throws, passes to no one, unable to dribble, horrendous game awareness by bricking another shot just inside the 3-point line in the final minute with over half the shot clock remaining.

Why do nbl teams not foul in the last minute when they’re more than 3 down? The number of games that just drain out when quick fouls and missed free throws could put them back in the balance is mind-blowing.

Just another reminder of how this is not genuine professional sport - it’s elevated amateur at best.
Because the rules are different from the NBA.

There’s no personal take fouls, if your play is not on the ball, it’ll be called unsportsmanlike which is free throws and possession.

There’s also no automatic bonus if more than one foul occurs in the last two minutes.

Teams have less timeouts to use.

It’s pretty easy to look things up, even an “amateur” can do it

Steel Eagles

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Palmyra
AFL Club
West Coast
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.00.31 am.png

:fire::fire::fire:

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Anyone know what capacity with covid restrictions is? Crowd has looked very small for a home game based on the couple of crowd shots I've seen

“ We will have a capacity of 5,000 fans at John Cain Arena and 2,600 fans at the State Basketball Centre but we are planning to proceed with all games as scheduled and the health and safety of players, coaches, officials and fans will remain our number one priority with strict COVID safe protocols in place.”

But it’s hard to commit to these games given the governments love of a last minute lockdown

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
You just had to get in early didn't you?
You couldn't just wait until game time for my pipe dream to be shattered by reality.
:grinning:
I mean I support Illawarra, So the ratio of shattering dreams is heavily in your favour 😂

Back