NBL 22/23 Season - brought to you by Hungry Jacks

Remove this Banner Ad

No I think this is contract related , not sexual orientation related.

But it was Rowe that said it on 5AA so it could be nothing !

Kai Sotto promoted to captain/coach?

You know things are toxic when you dump someone with that much ability.
Props to the 36ers for making the right call.
How do we know its the right call? He was our best player

Cut our nose to spite our face unless the replacement is up to scratch. Defence woefully lacks but thats team, not just him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NBL news: Craig Randall and Adelaide 36ers to part ways​

The Adelaide 36ers have run out of patience with star import Craig Randall and his bad attitude. See why the club was willing to cut its top scorer.
Matt Logue

@mattlogue7

2 min read
November 8, 2022 - 9:42AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.ph/qeRlP#share-tools
42d365e7cfd22cea6d3dbff8ffee64d6e9068f78.webp

THE ADVERTISER | 29:36

The Basketball Show 2022/23 | Episode 5​

Plenty to talk about this week on The Basketball Show including the rocky start to this season's WNBL coverage and Ben Simmons playing for the Boomers. Plus the teams chats to Opals star Steph Talbot!
The Adelaide 36ers have released import guard Craig Randall II due to his poor attitude.
Randall has caused chemistry issues within the 36ers franchise for most of the season, as revealed by News Corp.
It’s prompted a fed-up Adelaide franchise to agree to part ways with the guard, despite him being the team’s leading scorer through six games.
Advertisement

The 36ers released a statement on Tuesday morning confirming the club had agreed to part ways with Randall by mutual consent.
“The decision has been made in the best interests of Craig and the club moving forward and for Craig to pursue other opportunities at the highest level,” the statement said.
“The 36ers organisation would like to thank Craig for his time at the club and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.”
The 36ers are set to release the talented but troubled Craig Randall. Picture: Sarah Reed/Getty Images

The 36ers are set to release the talented but troubled Craig Randall. Picture: Sarah Reed/Getty Images
Nick Marshall will be elevated to the 11-man roster as the 36ers review a possible replacement.
It’s understood key 36ers players approached the club saying they could no longer play with Randall.
The reigning G League Most Improved Player has rubbed teammates and the coaching staff the wrong way with his selfish attitude, which has been confirmed by multiple sources.
Advertisement

Randall was recently caught on camera arguing with 36ers coach CJ Bruton about the team’s poor first-half performance against New Zealand back in round 5.
Randall attempted to storm off as Bruton grabbed him on the arm.
The guard also raised eyebrows prior to a clash against South East Melbourne for standing alone as his Adelaide teammates sung the national anthem with their arms locked.
Randall slammed the accusations as an attempt to “divide” him from his 36ers teammates, in the wake of Sunday’s loss to the Phoenix.
However, it’s understood the 36ers have been dealing with the guard’s attitude and reluctance to buy into the team-first culture since the pre-season.

Craig Randall's rap sheet​

• Randall had a heated exchange with coaching staff in the Adelaide dressing room during the pre-season Blitz in Darwin
  • There have also been issues with the guard’s willingness to train while he recently blew up when he was benched after starting the season as the team’s main guard
  • Physical clashes at training
  • Was caught on camera arguing with 36ers coach CJ Bruton about the team’s poor first-half performance against New Zealand back in round.
  • Attempted to storm off as Bruton grabbed him on the arm
  • Raised eyebrows prior to a clash against South East Melbourne for standing alone as his Adelaide teammates sung the national anthem with their arms locked.

It can be revealed that Randall had a heated exchange with coaching staff in the Adelaide dressing room during the pre-season Blitz in Darwin.
There have also been issues with the guard’s willingness to train while he gave coach Bruton attitude when he was benched after starting the season as the team’s main guard.
According to Randall, though, there are no issues with his teammates, and he isn’t sure why he is being painted as a bad teammate.

The Advertiser

@theTiser
·
Follow
Adelaide 36ers import Craig Randall II is in the firing line following two incidents over the weekend, which have raised question marks about his attitude. #theAdvertiser

adelaidenow.com.au
36ers import’s ‘funny’ take on ‘bad teammate’ claims
Adelaide import guard Craig Randall II thinks assertions he is bad culturally for the 36ers are “funny”, declaring he feels no extra weight on his shoulders because he “doesn’t care” what the critics...

7:39 AM · Oct 31, 2022

Copy link
Read more on Twitter

“I don’t know, and I honestly don’t care,” Randall recently said.
“I think it’s funny because I know me as a person and a lot of people are making statements and assumptions through what they see.
“They don’t really hear the conversations, they just (comment) on what it might look like.
“But people are going to have opinions, they are going to be critical, but the only criticism I listen to is from my coach.
“As long as he and my teammates are good with me, everybody can say what they want to say.
“We know what is going on in-house, so it is what it is.”
Adelaide possess a host of offensive threats, however players like guard Mitch McCarron aren’t getting the ball enough.
It’s a delicate predicament for the 36ers given Randall is a standout performer.
The former Long Island Nets star is fourth in the league for scoring, averaging 22 points a game at an incredibly high efficiency. He is shooting 51 per cent from the field and 39 per cent from three-point range.
The club will make a formal decision today (Tuesday).

At least that way he can get some minutes. I can’t understand why CJ doesn’t give him more minutes, he usually kills it when he’s on the floor
He's the worst defensive player on a team that has Daniel Johnson on it. Often too much of a liability on that end. And he's usually gassed after a few minutes.

He's the worst defensive player on a team that has Daniel Johnson on it. Often too much of a liability on that end. And he's usually gassed after a few minutes.
Yeah not sure about that , he alters a lot of shots and rebounds well. I’d like to see the + /- for the period of time he’s in court, as I’d say he’d be in the + territory

The lack of composure in this comp is ludicrous. Adelaide coasting 12 points up with the last shot in the third if they want it. Dech rushes and leaves United with time to score a bucket. Now 10 points.

Insanely bad start to the fourth. Stupid contested threes, give up an offensive rebound and a three pointer from the free throw. Have let United back in it and probably lose from here.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back