NBL 22/23 Season - brought to you by Hungry Jacks

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That quarter from Adelaide was just pathetic. They’ll be a joke of a team at home if this is what they’re putting up.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Franks hard fouled and knocked to the floor. Not one Adelaide player remonstrated.

They’re still within reach tbf, but this doesn’t look like a team that cares.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Said all season if 36ers gel they'll be very hard to beat. 10 games in and the best player is gone and they've rarely looked in sync with or without him. Too many individuals, not enough team?

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Said all season if 36ers gel they'll be very hard to beat. 10 games in and the best player is gone and they've rarely looked in sync with or without him. Too many individuals, not enough team?

Really poorly coached imo. They have enough talent and they sometimes look great, but their worst is terrible.

Offensively the ball doesn’t move enough. There’s not enough effort on defense either. They’ll win some games on talent but no way they win a finals series imo. Not cohesive enough.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide having at least one embarrassing effort every few minutes. I’ve no idea how this coach keeps his job.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Crazy finish. Franks with the all-time brain fade, wow. Luckily it didn’t cost them.

Can’t really say I’d be confident in either team in the clutch on that basis.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
I've rarely been more pessimistic about the Cats' chances as I was before that game. On current form it was a thrashing waiting to happen.
I wonder if the Breakers felt it too and subconsciously took the foot off the pedal just a smidge.
Combine that with their social media person firing Corey Webster up, and suddenly it's a boilover.

Happy to have been proven so wrong by the Cats tonight. Gotta love sport.

Totally unrelated side note with no agenda whatsoever: I happen to be exactly as pessimistic about the Socceroos' chances as I was about the Wildcats
;)

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is Leigh Montagna commentating? Sounds so much like him

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is Leigh Montagna commentating? Sounds so much like him

Good guess, it was him.

I don't really like or approve of footy people calling non footy sports, although I did enjoy hearing Stephen Quartermain's commentary of the 1994 North Melbourne Giants grand final series win over the Adelaide 36ers

"The Fairytale season is now complete!"

I my Giants. And the other old/defunct NBL teams, especially the Canberra Cannons (Canberra deffo needs a team in the NBL again)

Also Jazny your Jackjumpers are about to tip off, post here for your pro Tassie zest !

What about Johnson being a flog thinking it was the NBA when JJ's shot a late 3. Even if he didn't know % was a thing doesn't say a lot about a bloke not paying any attention to the league he plays in. There's not a lot in the season, teams will want any % they can get.

What about Johnson being a flog thinking it was the NBA when JJ's shot a late 3. Even if he didn't know % was a thing doesn't say a lot about a bloke not paying any attention to the league he plays in. There's not a lot in the season, teams will want any % they can get.

Roth said in the end of game presser that he told McVaigh not to shoot it, Johnson is from the NBA where percentage doesn't make a difference and teams dribble it out, percentage does make a difference in the NBL.

Will add that I was as happy to see Mika Vukona still with the JJs as how well Milton Doyle played

Great win for the JJs

Last edited:
I've rarely been more pessimistic about the Cats' chances as I was before that game. On current form it was a thrashing waiting to happen.
I wonder if the Breakers felt it too and subconsciously took the foot off the pedal just a smidge.
Combine that with their social media person firing Corey Webster up, and suddenly it's a boilover.

Happy to have been proven so wrong by the Cats tonight. Gotta love sport.

Totally unrelated side note with no agenda whatsoever: I happen to be exactly as pessimistic about the Socceroos' chances as I was about the Wildcats
;)
That was the best they have looked all season.

Back