NBL 23/24 Season - September 28 tip off

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow really? Must have been a weak season, but this is definitely bigger as someone actually saw this win, unlike a Shield final.
no, it was a good season.

That Tassie Team in 2006/7 would smash this year's Tigers by an innings. Hilfy, Wright, Paine, Diva, Griff, Bails and, of course, the Butterworth grand final special.

It Makes me sad thinking about how much the quality has dropped in the Shield in a decade and a bit.

no, it was a good season.

That Tassie Team in 2006/7 would smash this year's Tigers by an innings. Hilfy, Wright, Paine, Diva, Griff, Bails and, of course, the Butterworth grand final special.

It Makes me sad thinking about how much the quality has dropped in the Shield in a decade and a bit.

Yep, quality is terrible these days but some on the cricket board won’t admit it!

I do remember a story before the final that someone still playing was in that team and he didn’t think he was good enough at that young age.

Belated congrats to the mighty Jack Jumpers from me.
In Melbourne with no Lee and half a Magnay .. that was a massive achievement to get that done.
Did get messy down the stretch but that will happen in game 5 when most guys on both teams have given everything they've got.

Couldn't be happier for Tassie, and breaking up the big team title monopoly is a great result for the NBL too IMO.

Epic series. One of the very best in my time as an NBL fan. Takes 2 teams for that to happen so congrats to United as well for their part in it, but man a team that stacked really should have done better. Classic case of great team >> team of great individuals.

Doyle wanting to stay in Tassie and get citizenship is great news. Wasn't as good as last season but would definitely lock him in.

Sounds like they'll try and run same squad which is great. Arguments for and against for Lee and Crawford again but given the hit and miss of imports why risk a change. Sean Mac will need a significant pay rise to keep I imagine. You'd probably try and get upgrades on Krslovic and Bairstow of those that saw minutes.

Last edited:
Doyle wanting to stay in Tassie and get citizenship is great news. Wasn't as good as last season but would definitely lock him in.

Sounds like they'll try and run same squad which is great. Arguments for and against for Lee and Crawford again but given the hit and miss of imports why risk a change. Sean Mac will need a significant pay rise to keep I imagine. You'd probably try and get upgrades on Krslovic and Bairstow of those that saw minutes.

That’s great news. I miss the days of long term imports getting citizenship and settling in Australia.

Pretty certain Sean Mac has another year on his contract. He won’t be a DP next season tho.
I’d love the whole squad to return. But to some basketball is a business. So I get it if guys (specifically imports) leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back