Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
New setup, new point-scoring, new players, new prizes, etc.

I haven't worked out my team yet because I haven't considered the DGWs yet. One thing I will pay more attention to is points and assists over rebounds, because rebounds only count for 1 point this year.

1692850655965.png

I'm probably going to change most of this before the season starts. Need to see preseason results first. A couple of the bench guys are just fillers for now.

Update: new side:

1692851955148.png
Had to downgrade Franklin to Drmic, which means less points on the field but more points on the bench and better cash generation (hopefully). I basically picked a lot of the big name recruits and Next Stars. Hope it works. Creek should be a reliable captain, and Drmic should get more game time playing for Tasmania.

Last edited:

Apparently prices can change after two rounds if a player has played three games (i.e. has a double game week). So I guess it could be a strategy to start with a rookie or bargain player who has three games in the first two game weeks and then trade them to a player who has only two.

Just realised you can only do this with trading in Illawarra players after two rounds; they're the only team with two games in the first two rounds who then have a DGW in round 3.

Also will work for trading in NZ players in R4 (they only have two games in the first three rounds).

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna give this a go this season. I'm a basketball fan but have never followed the NBL so have 0 clue who anyone is.
This is a first draft based solely on ownership % and trying to get a decent fixture balance
Is there anywhere in particular I should be looking for info before the season starts?
Screenshot 2023-09-06 143824.png

I think I'm gonna give this a go this season. I'm a basketball fan but have never followed the NBL so have 0 clue who anyone is.
This is a first draft based solely on ownership % and trying to get a decent fixture balance
Is there anywhere in particular I should be looking for info before the season starts?
View attachment 1795311
Nice team. Naturally more info will be available as the pre season revs up but Basketball Blokes are always a good insightful source. I've just started listening to their pre season Podcast now. Their 'scheduliser' is a big help in planning for the season.

My current team

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 3.25.06 pm.png

Nice team. Naturally more info will be available as the pre season revs up but Basketball Blokes are always a good insightful source. I've just started listening to their pre season Podcast now. Their 'scheduliser' is a big help in planning for the season.

My current team

View attachment 1795352

What info have you gathered from their podcast so far? Do they talk about whether Sarr will start?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What info have you gathered from their podcast so far? Do they talk about whether Sarr will start?
They talked about the injuries and pre season scores, as well as the way the new scoring affects certain players. They did talk about Sarr briefly and suggested that he is probably going to come off the bench.

Screen Shot 2023-09-18 at 10.22.21 pm.png
Think this will be the starting squad - will likely flip Cotton and Clark after round one for Scott and Smith from Brisbane to take advantage of their schedule. Not sure where that will leave me for captains (although Scott and Cook may be able to do it), but can work that out.

Other option is to go more budget and get Mitch Creek and Cotton to lock in those captain points. But if I go the balanced build, this will be it.

Decided to get rid of Creek and go for a bit more depth. I was able to get Hukporti for Olbrich thanks to downgrading Creek to G.Browne. Melbourne have the best early draw with 4/5 double games from rounds 1-5 and then Brisbane have 4/5 from rounds 2-6.

Cotton will be traded after round 1 which will provide plenty of cash to upgrade to Brisbane players for their favourable run. Im starting Armstrong despite the fact he will be traded before his price rises and ill happily trade him back in for Cairns' awesome run from round 5 onwards

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 10.04.53 am.png

Decided to get rid of Creek and go for a bit more depth. I was able to get Hukporti for Olbrich thanks to downgrading Creek to G.Browne. Melbourne have the best early draw with 4/5 double games from rounds 1-5 and then Brisbane have 4/5 from rounds 2-6.

Cotton will be traded after round 1 which will provide plenty of cash to upgrade to Brisbane players for their favourable run. Im starting Armstrong despite the fact he will be traded before his price rises and ill happily trade him back in for Cairns' awesome run from round 5 onwards

View attachment 1808570
Armstrong's price will increase after the first two rounds. I emailed them about it. They said after a player plays three games their price goes up.

Armstrong's price will increase after the first two rounds. I emailed them about it. They said after a player plays three games their price goes up.

It was my mistake, i thought Cairns only played 2 games in the first 2 rounds but they have a DGR in round 2 so then his price will increase. Glad you sought clarification too though! Its good to know for certain :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back