NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

I am due for connection in the next few months nbnco website says fttc.

When I moved in I got Telstra out to hook up the internet, Telstra tech said there was no phone line from the pit to my property. He said to connect with Optus as we had their cable network running overhead, and it would be faster than anything Telstra could offer at the time.

As I understand it fttc utilizes your existing phone line, from your property to the street. So do nbnco install that? Or is that something I will have to organize? Also if a new cable has to be run why not run fibre?

Getting 45mps download ATM with Optus cable. So potentially I could be out of pocket to run a new cable and end up with an inferior service.

Is anyone here with Internode?

keep hearing they've won a heap of awards for best service/prices etc...etc...
contract is about to run out with optus and i really don't want to renew with them.

Is anyone here with Internode?

keep hearing they've won a heap of awards for best service/prices etc...etc...
contract is about to run out with optus and i really don't want to renew with them.
Yes.

Pricey but not one drop out after many many drop outs on adsl.

Yes.

Pricey but not one drop out after many many drop outs on adsl.

That is what i'm peed off the most with Optus, the amount of dropouts is a joke. Just last week there were countless of them, half a dozen of them in one day alone. When I queried if they were do work in the area and got the cold treatment.

They've been in my street for a few weeks now. I think they're on the home straight pulling feeds through from the main pits to the opposite side of the road.
I expect my area to go live pretty soon with FTTC.

I have also very recently had the copper from my house to the pit replaced by Telstra so that should be in tip top condition.
I'll likely use Telstra.

What is everyone's experience with FTTC??

Yeah Internode and iiNET were both good for different reasons before TPG, they've been screwed now, TPG's model is sell cheap to lots of people, screw down cost by employing stuff all staff and just not helping customer with issues

one of those ISP that are fine if you have no issues and your service is doing the job you need it to do but you find out why they are so cheap when you do have an issue

Telstra gave us NBN50 but could only get 20 MBPS Down. Shows they just Lie about everything and Can't Trust Telstra

Screen_Shot_2018-06-05_at_4.15.25_PM.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NBN Co are a ******* complete joke.
My RTC date went from tomorrow to apparently end of December.
Less than a week till the apparent date, provided by the iiNet searches, NBN Co site itself, TPG site and what Telstra told me on the phone less than a month back, I decide to check the NBN Co site again one day.

Instead of the progressively in June, I get no date at all.
The other sites show the same dates of June 22nd so I decide to call up Telstra.
Telstra then tell me now it's December 22nd?
I don't get how it can change so abruptly when it was less than a week from being ready?

If they just said December all along, I'd still be shitty but at least I'd know from the start.
I'm extra pissed off at this situation as my ADSL is a god damn joke and has been for a while.
I'm thinking the wiring is totally screwed as we've had issues for years.
They came by and "fixed" it when we were getting max speeds of 3mb and dropping down below 1 for many periods.
Although I'm getting about 6 now (which is still quite dog s**t), it still drops below 3 at times.

I realise there are far bigger problems in the world today but it's just a joke how poor the internet is here.
Wish nothing but misery for those twats at NBN Co.

Less than a week till the apparent date, provided by the iiNet searches, NBN Co site itself, TPG site and what Telstra told me on the phone less than a month back, I decide to check the NBN Co site again one day.

The other sites show the same dates of June 22nd so I decide to call up Telstra.
I don't get how it can change so abruptly when it was less than a week from being ready?

If they just said December all along, I'd still be shitty but at least I'd know from the start.
I'm extra pissed off at this situation as my ADSL is a god damn joke and has been for a while.
They came by and "fixed" it when we were getting max speeds of 3mb and dropping down below 1 for many periods.
Although I'm getting about 6 now (which is still quite dog s**t), it still drops below 3 at times.

I realise there are far bigger problems in the world today but it's just a joke how poor the internet is here.

The FTTN went from build and completion details to "you can get satellite" for me but I expected that. Optus 4G in a Asus 4G-AC53U for me.

expect your property got put in the rework required aka too hard basket, you go to the back of the queue to save time to they can keep meeting targets for connected properties

The FTTN went from build and completion details to "you can get satellite" for me but I expected that. Optus 4G in a Asus 4G-AC53U for me.

4G shits on FTTN

Apparently my neighbourhood has been NBN ready for some weeks now. Two contrasting opinions from people I know that have it (and live close by) one says the speeds are great..... the other says he's bogged down to anywhere from 1mbps download to 15mbps. Not something I would look forward to, I want to cling on to the broadband connection for as long as I can!

Apparently my neighbourhood has been NBN ready for some weeks now. Two contrasting opinions from people I know that have it (and live close by) one says the speeds are great..... the other says he's bogged down to anywhere from 1mbps download to 15mbps. Not something I would look forward to, I want to cling on to the broadband connection for as long as I can!
If it's FTTN the big issue is the copper line between the node and your place. Decent copper should mean decent speeds.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

If it's FTTN the big issue is the copper line between the node and your place. Decent copper should mean decent speeds.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Could. Where I live Copper is at least 33 Years Old and Been Told is Damaged but NBN never Fixed it

The tech you get connected to makes a difference but for most people the biggest difference is which ISP they then choose. Not all of them are good during peak times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back