NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a nothing announcement

Still going to be a tiered system and no mention of what the costs for people that want to get that upgrade to FTTP will be, and not everyone will get that

So they are going to put more money into the shitty HFC and FTTN and FTTC programs as well

meh

Bit of a nothing announcement

Still going to be a tiered system and no mention of what the costs for people that want to get that upgrade to FTTP will be, and not everyone will get that

So they are going to put more money into the shitty HFC and FTTN and FTTC programs as well

meh
Seems to be instead of charging a few g upfront to run the fibre to your place, they put you on a contract to get the few g out of you .
NBN Afterpay

C0alition NBN, 6 year obsolesence, which everyone but them knew anyway

People talk about them living in the 1950s, but even those guys had 'vision' (although the bar is quite low here)

I'm moving out of my place in the next month anyway, but at my current address I'm still on ADSL 2+ and running a spanking

10129635520.png

Now Rupert is selling product on line the need to hobble it isnt politically necessary
Making it user pay ensures the aspirational voters are happy

The new Gas plan is the copper network NBN of the future
Suppose they cant have 2 white elephants running at the same time it might give people the idea they cant infrastructure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So NBN came out during the week to connect me to FTTC
Tech plugged the modem in and it synced up

Today I go to move my connection across and have to unplug the modem from power to re run the cable because he had it coming out the front of my tv unit instead of going round the back

Of course the modem won't reconnect and I've had to log a fault and have to wait for them to come back sometime during the week

Cant imagine there is a fault if it was working before you moved the cable

Who is your provider and what cable are you referring to ?

FTTC install will have 2 devices, first one is the NBN NCD which plugs into the wall socket

The NBN NCD then connects to your Router with a Standard Ethernet Cable, pretty easy to fault find if you want me to talk you through it

Cant imagine there is a fault if it was working before you moved the cable

Who is your provider and what cable are you referring to ?

FTTC install will have 2 devices, first one is the NBN NCD which plugs into the wall socket

The NBN NCD then connects to your Router with a Standard Ethernet Cable, pretty easy to fault find if you want me to talk you through it
I unplugged the power cable to run it behind my unit instead of having it hang down the front.

When I plugged it back in the NCD wouldn't connect just stuck between connection light flashing blue and connection light switching off for a few seconds.
NCD clicks every time it restarts the cycle.
So it's not getting to the point where the DSL light comes up

Well only had to wait 10 days for them to come out and work out that they hadn't fitted the wall socket off properly and that the connection behind the plate was loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back