RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Richmond AFLW
From what you've seen at training and games, who are your top 5 boys names for the 2022 Draft?

Also, how are Zac Cileceken's and Tyreece Leiu's chances for this year's draft?

RedmanWasHere

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Top 5 from Victoria in my opinion in order are
- Nick Daicos
- Tyler Sonsie
- Josh Sinn
- Josh Rachele
- Ben Hobbs

Tyreece is a beast inside mid and will only continue to improve as his endurance base improves over the season and he spends more time as an inside mid other than full foward. Expect Tyreece to go 30-45 and with Cilecken he had a rippr performance today but not sure about him getting drafted, he will have an impact but usually dosent play that spare roll.

I mean, from your time at the club, who are, for you, Eastern Ranges' top 5 names for next year's draft? (E.g. maybe Reidy, Verrell or Greeves are highly rated for example.)

Not this year's.

RedmanWasHere

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
My top main hope for next years crop hasn't been talked about much but for me it's clear. Harry Flynn in my opinion is a clear top 20 and will hopefully make the metro team and have a good championship. In order my top 5 would go,
1. Harry Flynn
2. Lochie Reedy
3. Cal Verrel
4. Campbell Greeves
5. Lewis Hayes / Hayden Smith

Expect a strong draft crop from this bunch with them recently going undefeated in their carnival beating oakleigh.

Flynn's name I've read before. (Either on here or I've seen it either in an article or a possible SSA Australian Football list.)

Will keep an eye out on those names.

And is there another Greeves at the club or is Campbell mixed up with Zac?

Thank you for giving us an insight.

Hessssa

Draftee
Apr 10, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Key forwards. Thanks for this, it’s interesting to have the insights of a NAB league player.
In my draft class in Vic we are short of tall key forwards but the main man would have to be Lukic from Chargers. Great athletiscm and damaging on the scoreboard but just needs to work on consistency.

danielG

Senior List
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tyler Sonsie was head and shoulders above the crop, total domination and although his normal ball use wasn't up to scratch he dominated around the ground kicking 2 majors and collecting a handy 34. Jake Arundel and Cory Preston were also very impressive playing as small/medium forwards with the occasional midfield rotation. Tyreece showed spurts and was clean in conjestion and Marc Massarotti was a bull around the contest. For Calder the standouts were slim but Sam Clohesy was clean on the outside using his smarts and speed to collect 24 and a goal.
If you’re a recruiter from a clue, and you have the second pick (assuming Horne is gone) and excluding Daicos, would you support selecting Sonsie ? What are Sonsie’s strengths?? And things to work on?? Who on an AFL list is comparable?
Very Interesting to get the perspective of someone that sees these boys up close and probably can see better than most how the better prospects are foingn to develop.. thank you mate...

danielG

Senior List
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In my honest opinion after this year of football I expect daicos and Sonsie to be the top 2 picks of the draft. Sonsie is a ready made afl player that has elite speed and is by far the best kick on both feet i've ever seen. His decision making under pressure and smooth moving makes him similar to a pendles but he also has a massive scoreboard impact. His endurance is his weakness with him struggling to get to every contest causing a lot of rotations but no doubt that will be worked on at AFL level. Expect him to play like a Rozee/Bruhn in his first few years of afl but I expect him to be abit ahead of them at his age.
Thanks, great info, appreciate it. I'll be looking out for Sonsie. Hawks look a reasonable chance to get pick 2 and have a chance to grab him. We are in some serious need of class, speed and goal kicking from our mids and he sounds like he ticks all three boxes. I liked the looks of Sinn, but if he is more a defender than a mid, then Hawks best look at the pure midfielders given we're pretty well off in the back half of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Hey Lads, In this forum I'll be only commenting on Vic players in the nab league that I play with or have played against, I'm happy doing any reviews on players of your interest. With 2 rounds being played I have put together bolters, standouts and sliders.

Bolters
- Hugh Hamilton - Bendigo Pioneers
First round - 19 Disposals, 4 tackles, 2 goals, 5 i50
Second Round - 22 disposals, 2.2 goals, 8 i50

- Connor Macdonald - Dandenong Stingrays
First Round - 24 disposals, 2.3 goals, 3 tackles
Second Round - 33 disposals, 10 marks, 12 tackles

- Miller Bergman - Dandenong Stingrays
First Round - 23 disposals, 5 tackles
Second Round - 20 disposals, 3 goals, 4 re50

Standouts
-
Nick Daicos - Oakleigh Chargers
First Round - 28 disposals, 2.3 goals, 7 tackles, 8 marks
Second Round - 30 disposals, 3 goals, 5 tackles, 4 i50

- Tyler Sonsie - Eastern Ranges
First Round - 34 disposals, 2.1 goals, 6 marks, 6 i50
Second Round - 21 disposals, 7 i50

- Ned Long - Northern Knights
First Round - 26 disposals, 3.1 goals, 9 marks, 7 i50
Second Round - 15 disposals, 1 goal, 9 tackles

- Noah Gribble - Geelong Falcons
First Round - 24 disposals, 9 marks, 5 re50
Second Round - 31 disposals, 6 i50, 8 marks

Sliders
Braeden Andrews - Oakleigh Chargers
First Round - 11 disposals, 0 tackles
Second Round - 3 disposals, injured second half

Blake Howes - Sandringham Dragons
First Round - 12 disposals, 1 goal
Second Round - 1.1 goals, 9 disposals

Again lads this is only my opinion, hope you guys enjoy and if any of you have any questions or request feel free, cheers
- Ned Long - Northern Knights
First Round - 26 disposals, 3.1 goals, 9 marks, 7 i50
Second Round - 15 disposals, 1 goal, 9 tackles

Sounds like a Richmond type of player
192cm midfielder

Thinking this kid will be the bolter with a rocket if he keeps that up

Heath Dunby

D grade analysis (generous)
Feb 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is Harry McInnes out of Glenelg considered to be in the mix? 40 goals for Prince Alfred College in an 8 game season along with 15 from three trial matches in this preseason from all reports?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Is Harry McInnes out of Glenelg considered to be in the mix? 40 goals for Prince Alfred College in an 8 game season along with 15 from three trial matches in this preseason from all reports?
Think you need to go and read the OP’s first post.

Remove this Banner Ad