Gaming NCAA Football 14

Remove this Banner Ad

You can pre-order the game here for $74.99: http://www.game-lane.com.au/playstation-3-games/5037-ncaa-football-14-2014-ps3.html

You can get it for cheaper via play-asia (~$10 less) - But you'd be an unpatriotic piece of s**t allowing your money to go into foreign banks rather than an Aussie company based in Sydney. Plus you'd have to wait a little long for it to ship from Hong Kong.

Features
  • Physics The new and improved Infinity Engine 2 comes to NCAA Football, bringing with it renewed authenticity and enhanced realism
  • Stumble Recovery Fight gravity as you scramble for extra yards. Utilize the right control stick to try and regain your feet or lunge forward for that extra yard
  • Force Impact Trucking and Hitting Feel the power of physics as runners bowl over defenders or tacklers make a big hit on the ball carrier, all driven by the new Force Impact system. Also, utilize improved stiff-arms that take size and strength into consideration
  • Running Game Improvements The introduction of physics offers a suite of improvements to the running game, including hard run cutting for direction changes, improved run blocking and a new acceleration burst that lets you get around the corner or through the hole and into the open field
  • Option Offense Play true to your team with over 20 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. Highlight key defenders before the snap and read their movement after to know when to pitch the ball and when to keep it

Looking great. Must be EA's answer to backbreaker with all the physics they're adding into it.
Is a must buy. Certainly better than what some people are calling an arcadic like Madden 25. Though, which NCAA Football hasn't been better than it's Madden counterpart?

and the initial verdict?

only played about 5 mins of the game, feels smother with the infinity engine this year. i dont like the new recruiting system. its faster but not as fun/easy to get players. it has a much better ESPN Broadcast feel like pre game, impact players, and Halftime [not up to half time yet] and could also be a post game. some things like sidelines and fans still look s**t, but that was never going to change till next gen. some new commentary is nice but still lots of reused dialog from past years. Coordinator Cam is one of the best things in the game, hope they keep it only in NCAA since Madden seems all about broadcast games now. and finally add more music into the game like White Stripes Seven Nation Army, and more of the NFL music also in there rather than just bands and generic music. also the sidelines/players and fans has been made better with real game sounds from the past 2 years. but still are loads of old chants [D-Fence clap clap], the cheering seems to be the most noticeable new audio. No Huddle is fast er than in the demo but still could be more responsive

Commentary takes up front speakers it could also only be from the center, and background noise is in the rear speakers and Front L and R. stadium PA audio only sounds like its coming from the rear speakers and sounds the same as past years. * im playing on a 7.1 set up its showing 7.1PCM

menu is way faster than last year. but thats because last year was laggy as hell. but like most years the game wont find its self till the sliders and rosters are done by people at Operation sports.

[insert stuff I don't want to reply to] i dont like the new recruiting system. its faster but not as fun/easy to get players.[insert stuff I don't want to reply to]

What? :(
You mean it's going to harder to build Rice into a power house?
Please elaborate on what's changed in recruiting?

btw - What new teams are in the game?

I think I heard there's 125 now over the 123 last year. South Alabama should be a given (as it should've been in last years game), but who's the other? There were 3 or 4 teams that were supposed to come up this year. I think Georgia State was the only one who did? But Old DOminion might have as well :confused:

What? :(
You mean it's going to harder to build Rice into a power house?
Please elaborate on what's changed in recruiting?

btw - What new teams are in the game?

I think I heard there's 125 now over the 123 last year. South Alabama should be a given (as it should've been in last years game), but who's the other? There were 3 or 4 teams that were supposed to come up this year. I think Georgia State was the only one who did? But Old DOminion might have as well :confused:

no more phone calls you can exploit by only asking favorable questions. its now a point system where you allocate points and cant ask questions. dealbreakers are shown pre-season. its no longer personal, its all bland and feels like its done for the people who sim recruiting every week. it might grow on me later on but i loved the old system.

New teams are Old Dominion, South Alabama, Georgia State and there might be one more.

the AAC has no logo in the game its given the same logo as independent but red background instead of white. and i think there are new stadiums for teams like North Texas and some stadiums have new logos and updates.

In game Studio updates seem less frequent this year.

still uses the BCS system and no playoffs.

Will playoffs be included in season 2 at least? o_O

I'm undecided on that new recruiting system. It'll be a bitch now to build a small program up. Building Rice was doable as you can just recruit instate and use the favourable close to home and playing time pitches, while promising games in the state and the like. Was great. However, if you're a big school, you might land some good recruits as other schools can't use their advantages as easily. Oh well.

GOnna be interesting. Do I try and build up Old DOminion or Georgia State. Normally I'd go Old Dominion every day of the week. But the Georgia Dome for the Panthers is tempting in itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will playoffs be included in season 2 at least? o_O

I'm undecided on that new recruiting system. It'll be a bitch now to build a small program up. Building Rice was doable as you can just recruit instate and use the favourable close to home and playing time pitches, while promising games in the state and the like. Was great. However, if you're a big school, you might land some good recruits as other schools can't use their advantages as easily. Oh well.

GOnna be interesting. Do I try and build up Old DOminion or Georgia State. Normally I'd go Old Dominion every day of the week. But the Georgia Dome for the Panthers is tempting in itself.

no playofs at all, EA used the excuse that its not in because the host sites are not yet set. so they didnt put it in.

i didnt know that Goergia State play in the Georgia Dome, till i looked it up, the game has heaps of new sites like the neutral sites like most are the NFL sites like Solider Field and Met Life. Still have Washington at Husky Stadium but i dont know what it looks like now since its about to re-open, after playing at Centuarylink Field last season. Still no Yankee Stadium for the Pinstripe Bowl.

I've only played the demo but I felt that the game play was much better.

Its actually possible to run the option well this year, its a hell of a lot harder to just call 4 Verts all day and complete long bomb after long bomb and I didn't notice any super LBs like there have been in recent editions. Overall I think the game play was heaps better in the demo than last years game.

Adding the ability to have different difficulties for Offense and Defense is a nice addition

I too don't like the sound of the new recruiting system (points vs calls) but much of the rest of the changes to it sound good.

I've only played the demo but I felt that the game play was much better.

Its actually possible to run the option well this year, its a hell of a lot harder to just call 4 Verts all day and complete long bomb after long bomb and I didn't notice any super LBs like there have been in recent editions. Overall I think the game play was heaps better in the demo than last years game.

Adding the ability to have different difficulties for Offense and Defense is a nice addition

I too don't like the sound of the new recruiting system (points vs calls) but much of the rest of the changes to it sound good.

i feel they should of given a choice for recruiting the new one with points that you can do once and set it for the season, and for people who liked the recruiting they should of kept the phone calls.

the whole running game is better this year. but i think blocking might have stepped back, but the blocking is not as good as it was in NCAA11 or 12 which ever one had the new blocking mechanics. but the sliders need to be played with more. the D-line sometimes get magnetized into the RB.

it looks like Memphis is the worst in the game. Old Dominion are bottom 10. in overall rankings.

im doing the Nike Trainer and LOVE what they have done with the option this year its amazing. they have got it down it works so well now.
Nike Trainer?
Please elaborate.

Nike Trainer?
Please elaborate.

its kinda like a practice/tutorial thing where you get 10 reps to do skills, and get medals for getting bronze 5/10 silver 7/10 and gold 9/10. Getting gold medals unlocks Ultimate team cards like Aaron Rodgers and others. and teaches you how to use the new option mechanics, and ball hawk skill, now you hold triangle from when the ball is thrown to track and get interceptions rather than press it like with WR's catching.

there is also skill trees for coaches that unlock things like recruiting perks, and some on field perks like no squiggly lines for road games. it needs some work it just feels rushed and an after thought.

aussiedude - Where do they have Old DOminion placed?
I checked today and they're still officially an FCS Independent and will be in FBS next year.

1star independent school. 70 overall, 74 Offence, 68 Defence.

im mistaken it looks like Georgia State could be the worst, will look at them again later. if theres any rankings you want me to look up just ask.

1star independent school. 70 overall, 74 Offence, 68 Defence.

im mistaken it looks like Georgia State could be the worst, will look at them again later. if theres any rankings you want me to look up just ask.
Just Georgia State. But if they're worse than Old DOminion God help them.

2 star recruits would improve Old Dominion.

Also, is recruiting a little more even now?
I mean with the star distribution. It was kinda annoying how the top 40 or 50 Wide outs would be 4 or 5 star athletes. Then you'd be lucky if you had 4 4+ star Centres.

I am getting scared for Georgia State now.

Old Dominion - 70 overall
2012 - Old Dominion (11-2) Def Georgia State (1-10) 53-27, in Georgia.

I'm anticipating Georgia State to be rated 50 or something o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back