NCFL Central discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Have St Arnaud got anymore recruits coming in. Looks like they are just posting the returning players

So far it looks like the Kyneton pair were the last recruits. Hope they get more quality on board along with boort and Charlton so even things up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Petrie is a good player i think he might be getting on a bit now not sure and Egan and hicks goes alright but not what you call star players
They had outstanding junior talent about 10-15 years ago players like Jackson weir, Liam Anderson and Hugh Jackson just to name a few obviously moved on from St Arnaud now though

Who are the best young players in the league at the moment?

Define best young players? We talking local talent?

Boort have 9 coming up out of a convincing u17 season, there’s a few of them with some real go about them, one or two are among the Pios training squad.

St Arnaud have a few in that Pios squad also.

Sol Kelly @ Nully has the potential to be a serious contender among senior ranks very quickly, won the u17 best and fairest only missing around 7 possible votes from the maximum he could have had, despite being on the wrong end of some very one sided competition.

Sea Lake just keep producing young talent, and Birchip in the same boat, some talented kids amongst their ranks.

Junior numbers seem to be drying up @ Donald a bit, but there’s always some seriously talented ones among whatever they have.

On the other side, I am sure there are some young recruits coming in throughout the league. that have potential to be contenders here in this conversation as well.

Define best young players? We talking local talent?

Boort have 9 coming up out of a convincing u17 season, there’s a few of them with some real go about them, one or two are among the Pios training squad.

St Arnaud have a few in that Pios squad also.

Sol Kelly @ Nully has the potential to be a serious contender among senior ranks very quickly, won the u17 best and fairest only missing around 7 possible votes from the maximum he could have had, despite being on the wrong end of some very one sided competition.

Sea Lake just keep producing young talent, and Birchip in the same boat, some talented kids amongst their ranks.

Junior numbers seem to be drying up @ Donald a bit, but there’s always some seriously talented ones among whatever they have.

On the other side, I am sure there are some young recruits coming in throughout the league. that have potential to be contenders here in this conversation as well.
The 17-21 age group locally

Looking likely that Marty Hore will land back at Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wycheproof could be a sniff but who do you take out of the current top 4

Wyche picked up Steve Kennedy absolute jet

Watched him at Altona in the WRFL for several years, played in their 2022 premiership.

Hard running midfielder but don't think he played anywhere in 2023.

Also in getting on a bit, in his mid 30s by now, but always fit, good signing for a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back