NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any practice match form to report ?
Redbacks played Mt.Pleasant, who apparently knocked off Moama last week, winning both 1sts and 2nds. Plenty to look forward too with the form of the recruits. Couple new midfielders very strong and hard at it, as were a couple of other new faces. Were missing a few, both Deraugos for a start. Good start and Id reckon cause for optimism in the hope for a better season.

Interleague team is out. What are everyone’s thoughts?
7 from Wycheproof
4 from Birchip
3 from Boort
2 from Charlton
2 from Donald
2 from Wedderburn
1 from Sea Lake
1 from St Arnaud

Not all playing coaches I see are playing as previously suggested, Kain Robins & Danny Benaim.

Will they beat Southern?

Attachments

• F96F8EEC-45A0-46BC-BC8D-06AD30BA5E70.jpeg
    F96F8EEC-45A0-46BC-BC8D-06AD30BA5E70.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 102
Interleague team is out. What are everyone’s thoughts?
7 from Wycheproof
4 from Birchip
3 from Boort
2 from Charlton
2 from Donald
2 from Wedderburn
1 from Sea Lake
1 from St Arnaud

Not all playing coaches I see are playing as previously suggested, Kain Robins & Danny Benaim.

Will they beat Southern?
NO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article on the Bendigo Addy website.

I’m sure it will have a few talking. I bet the clubs that came up against the bulls on full points would be pretty happy with AFL central vic’s response.

I recon there would be a few others in a similar boat on their list.
Pye won a BnF and runner up in league last year yet only 3 points
Barry only 2?
Hinkley 4 points after spending a few years playing VFL.

I suppose to answers everyone’s comments last year eg will it work... not if they aren’t going to police it and leave it up to the volunteers of opposition clubs to chase it up.

https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.a...int-rating-information-onus-on-clubs/?cs=2634

Interesting article on the Bendigo Addy website.

I’m sure it will have a few talking. I bet the clubs that came up against the bulls on full points would be pretty happy with AFL central vic’s response.

I recon there would be a few others in a similar boat on their list.
Pye won a BnF and runner up in league last year yet only 3 points
Barry only 2?
Hinkley 4 points after spending a few years playing VFL.

I suppose to answers everyone’s comments last year eg will it work... not if they aren’t going to police it and leave it up to the volunteers of opposition clubs to chase it up.

https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.a...int-rating-information-onus-on-clubs/?cs=2634

Why do we have the points system and aflcentralvic if they want club volunteers to do their job that they get paid for....

What sort of Kangaroo Court are AFLCV running?

Firstly to not have the appropriate checks and balances in place to identify the issue is a massive fail. Particularly considering said player would be one of the higher allocation in the NCFL. For a system in its third year of operation this is simple not good enough.

Unfortunately what has been more disappointing than the original lack of governance has been the response to the breach on a number of fronts;

- No change to players current allocation as it is “5 weeks from finals” to quote AFLCV GM, you’ve got to be kidding me. Seriously a player is allowed to continue with the wrong allocation because of the time of year they were found to be incorrect?

- No retrospective changes to matches where Birchip Watchem played over their allotted points allocation.

- No punishment to the total points allocation of the club for making that breach.

In the NCFL, Birchip Watchem have already been gifted the highest points allocation in the league (43) , all other clubs are 40 and have now played above that allocation on a number of occasions without punishment.

What sort of precedent does this set for the rest of the clubs in AFLCV region? Will clubs seek to be a bit more liberal on their player self assessments knowing a precedent has now been set?

I suspect clubs will now show the points system the same lack of respect as its own governing body.

Why do we have the points system and aflcentralvic if they want club volunteers to do their job that they get paid for....
Is it up to the volunteers to police the salary cap as well?

“We’re not going to know every person who has played an AFL game in the current or preceeding three seasons because it’s not in the SportsTG system.”

Out of curiosity how many players would we they in the region who have played AFL?
NCFL
Gordon
Jones
Doering
BFL
Connors
Collins
Young
Thurgood
LVFL?
HDFL?
Must be hard to keep track of a hand full of the most experienced players in the region!

Different circumstances but similar issue
https://www.thecourier.com.au/story...nnounced-on-player-points-cap-breach/?cs=2637

Last edited:
Is it up to the volunteers to police the salary cap as well?

“We’re not going to know every person who has played an AFL game in the current or preceeding three seasons because it’s not in the SportsTG system.”

Out of curiosity how many players would we they in the region who have played AFL?
NCFL
Gordon
Jones
Doering
BFL
Connors
Collins
Young
Thurgood
LVFL?
HDFL?
Must be hard to keep track of a hand full of the most experienced players in the region!

Different circumstances but similar issue
https://www.thecourier.com.au/story...nnounced-on-player-points-cap-breach/?cs=2637

Especially considering it is usually a big deal made by clubs who sign someone with previous AFL experience. I know when we signed Daniel Ward at home we trumpeted it as it generated positivity around the league...same with Shaun Charles

AFL central vic have cocked this up big time....they are paid to administer the the leagues but don't want to actually do the administrative work....no,wonder the Picola league pulled the pin on their affiliation agreement over there and went it alone

Especially considering it is usually a big deal made by clubs who sign someone with previous AFL experience. I know when we signed Daniel Ward at home we trumpeted it as it generated positivity around the league...same with Shaun Charles

AFL central vic have cocked this up big time....they are paid to administer the the leagues but don't want to actually do the administrative work....no,wonder the Picola league pulled the pin on their affiliation agreement over there and went it alone

Type in Nathan Gordon into google and see what the first thing that comes up!
Aflcentralvic = lazy and unprofessional

Type in Nathan Gordon into google and see what the first thing that comes up!
Aflcentralvic = lazy and unprofessional

This situation is an absolute joke. AFL Victoria are basically saying that it's ok for clubs to submit whatever points allocations for players that they like...if and it is an if...Birchip/Watchem win the flag this year the rest of the comp have every right to be mightily pissed off.

My last point on this....why would an organisation like AFL Victoria bring in an equalisation measure such as a points system which they have just openly admitted they cannot police properly?

If clubs want to be aboveboard, they will be.

Given how much education came our way in the lead up to the points implementation, and Knowing first hand how much time and effort I have put in, to ensuring that our allocations are correct, I think it is safe to say that there’s minimal if any chance that a club won’t be aware that a former AFL player should’ve been higher points.

That’s my biggest issue with the scenario

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back