NCFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I think all other Clubs in the Comp would be well placed to continue in the same format. Birchip-Watchem and Sea Lake Nandaly are already merged Clubs and the likes of St.Arnaud Donald Wedderburn are fine and Boort look to be back up and running and are always financial. That provides you 7 Clubs and with some of the floated suggestions on here for where Clubs go I'd even soldier on if it fell to 6 as the alternatives just don't fit.
Think this is the way most are thinking. You must also consider there is 7 grades of netball and 3 grades of hockey which will be affected by any decisions made. On the subject of points I believe that their needs to be a review of the system inasmuch that smaller populated clubs with limited junior numbers need to be granted more points to be able to compete. Eg St. Arnaud has 50 under 16 players Wedderburn 13, as these kids progress to senior football it only stands to reason that more players from St. Arnaud will transition to senior football at a value of 1 point than Wedderburn therefore more points should be available to vulnerable clubs to compete at the senior level.(Wyche havent had under 16s for 8 years how are they expected to compete?). Just food for thought.

I think all other Clubs in the Comp would be well placed to continue in the same format. Birchip-Watchem and Sea Lake Nandaly are already merged Clubs and the likes of St.Arnaud Donald Wedderburn are fine and Boort look to be back up and running and are always financial. That provides you 7 Clubs and with some of the floated suggestions on here for where Clubs go I'd even soldier on if it fell to 6 as the alternatives just don't fit.
Unfortunately I don’t think AFL Victoria would allow a 6 team comp. Look at the mallee league when it was running.

I think it was a 5 team in it's last Season? Benalla and District ran as a 6 team Comp for many years.
I don’t have any contacts in AFL Victoria. Would be nice to know what they’re looking at for the future viability of grass roots footy in the country.

Division footy will not work in the country, only works for metro because of similar populations and travel times to play being similar. The only country leagues that could operate a division system would be Geelong and Mornington Peninsula.

Country clubs rely on their junior pathways to senior ranks and the fact that everyone goes to the footy, that wouldn't happen in a division comp, it's what nearly ruined Locky when they went into the Bendigo league, there was no connection between their juniors and seniors.

In country leagues if you are a good player at 17 you will be blooded to the seniors, yet that doesn't occur in the district clubs around Bendigo, hence the move to under 18s and why Locky aren't happy with that change in the hdfl.

To suggest that only wyche, Charlton and Wedderburn will have trouble with their juniors is head in the sand stuff, all clubs in the ncfl will be struggling in the next 5 years, why wait till then, it will be too late

The bigger problem facing Wyche,Charlton and Wedderburn is as lack of juniors which wont be solved if they change leagues. Talking to a Charlton man in the know last week and he said that even after amalgamation there is still no guarantee of being able to field a thirds side. There is also another side to changing leagues as currently the league has Under 16 and Under 13 comps which is different to Under 18s in LVFL and CMFL or Wimmera.
As for the idea that other clubs would possibly be looking at merging I would say no. The direction coming from AFLVIC as to what they are thinking is not public as I believe they still want to go down the path of an amalgamation of BFL,HDFL,LVFL and NCFL with 3 divisions with relegation/promotion. Bloke from Horsham told me that this has been talked about at restructure of Wimmera leagues and will be in place within 5 years over there.

Truck are you injured. The demons have a lot of new names. Which one is the player to watch.
Nah, just really slow.
We’ve been lucky to add a few. Our forward line will look a little like a scene out of Jurassic Park. A few of the new blokes have impressive footy resumes, however we are getting them closer to the end of their career the start.

Adul Zuk is lightning quick but hasn’t played a lot of footy, and Lachy Longmire looks impressive.

I’ve lost touch a bit. Is there an App for live NCFL scores still? Any advice appreciated.
I’m not sure of an app. I’d just head to the website each week.
Some clubs better the others at keeping it updated through out the day.
Wedderburn always have a pretty comprehensive live coverage on the website.

Any thoughts on the vision circulating at the min of the DonaldvBurn Game?
I don’t think it’s play on, but if that’s the only decision for the game that cost them the extra 2 points then I’ll go he.
Lucky the Red backs didn’t kick straight.

I don’t think it’s play on, but if that’s the only decision for the game that cost them the extra 2 points then I’ll go he.
Was Mal umpiring.

I see it’s gained a fair bit of media coverage. Fix footy, fox sports etc. I wouldn’t want to be that umpire that’s for sure. Will they sack him/her?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see it’s gained a fair bit of media coverage. Fix footy, fox sports etc. I wouldn’t want to be that umpire that’s for sure. Will they sack him/her?
Cant really see him being sacked, I think Bendigo Umpires Group will have to come out and support him after seeing the amount of trolling on social media if not they may lose umpires due to lack of support. And Im not an umpire lover. Dont think they are in a position of being able to afford to lose any. Getting back to the call for the result to be overturned, this was one decision out of 120 that was made during the game. What about if a free kick wasnt given in either sides forward line during the game? Could have influenced the result as well.

Cant really see him being sacked, I think Bendigo Umpires Group will have to come out and support him after seeing the amount of trolling on social media if not they may lose umpires due to lack of support. And Im not an umpire lover. Dont think they are in a position of being able to afford to lose any. Getting back to the call for the result to be overturned, this was one decision out of 120 that was made during the game. What about if a free kick wasnt given in either sides forward line during the game? Could have influenced the result as well.

Yeah I can’t see the result being overturned as it will create a horrible precedent. Many of you on here know I’ve got myself in tbe s**t in recent years because of my attitude towards umpires but they do need to support him and back his call. If they don’t I can see plenty walking away in support of this fella

It's blantent cheating, why didn't the Wedderburn coach go up to the officials after the game and say it's not on, could have been sorted quite easily.

Im not sure many umpires would walk away, this decision gives the umpiring fraternity a bad name, I understand that there is a massive shortage of umps in country footy, but keeping a decision like this will make it worse.

The fact that Donald had previously made a complaint through the right circles about the ump and his first match back umpiring them he does this, gives umpiring no credibility, which is the last thing umpys need

Yeah I can’t see the result being overturned as it will create a horrible precedent. Many of you on here know I’ve got myself in tbe sh*t in recent years because of my attitude towards umpires but they do need to support him and back his call. If they don’t I can see plenty walking away in support of this fella

It's blantent cheating, why didn't the Wedderburn coach go up to the officials after the game and say it's not on, could have been sorted quite easily.

Im not sure many umpires would walk away, this decision gives the umpiring fraternity a bad name, I understand that there is a massive shortage of umps in country footy, but keeping a decision like this will make it worse.

The fact that Donald had previously made a complaint through the right circles about the ump and his first match back umpiring them he does this, gives umpiring no credibility, which is the last thing umpys need

interesting old mate. I was not aware of the history

in any event it’s not great publicity for the league

You want the Wedderburn Coach to go and pledge Donald's case? Not sure it's his responsibility to fix Umpiring mistakes. The Umpire that was Officiating play in the area had already given all clear with the goal umpire that provides enough grounds to reverse the decision I think.

Would you be happy to get 2 points from that decision? I wouldn't, às an act of sportsmanship it wouldn't be hard to find a league delegate around after the game and you would imagine that Donald would be fuming, would have defused the situation, where now the league and umpire fraternity are copping it

You want the Wedderburn Coach to go and pledge Donald's case? Not sure it's his responsibility to fix Umpiring mistakes. The Umpire that was Officiating play in the area had already given all clear with the goal umpire that provides enough grounds to reverse the decision I think.

Dont think it would be the Wedderburn coaches place to be initiating anything here, however the silence from the league is the puzzling aspect here, this thing has been around since Monday afternoon and they havent said boo. Will be interesting to see the fallout of the player who posted this on social media, clearly a breach of the leagues social media conduct rules. Probably should of got a mate to post it.

Thanks, had forgotten about 3SH, but there was also an app which was supposed to have live scores, (I know not all clubs kept it up to date.) will check out your suggestion.
Google NCFL and go to the sportstg website, click on fixtures/results on ncfl page and that will put the live scores up

You would hope nothing comes from it for the player, it is the worst thing I've seen in country footy, it needed to be highlighted so it wasn't swept under the carpet and seen to be heard that it really wasn't that bad.

It's clearly a decision by the ump to fix the game and stop Donald winning the game, and that goes against everything about our game, it's not just the ump made a mistake as people understand that, this is far worse

Dont think it would be the Wedderburn coaches place to be initiating anything here, however the silence from the league is the puzzling aspect here, this thing has been around since Monday afternoon and they havent said boo. Will be interesting to see the fallout of the player who posted this on social media, clearly a breach of the leagues social media conduct rules. Probably should of got a mate to post it.

You would hope nothing comes from it for the player, it is the worst thing I've seen in country footy, it needed to be highlighted so it wasn't swept under the carpet and seen to be heard that it really wasn't that bad.

It's clearly a decision by the ump to fix the game and stop Donald winning the game, and that goes against everything about our game, it's not just the ump made a mistake as people understand that, this is far worse
How can you say it was clearly a decision by the ump to fix the game? What would he have to gain by making that decision? He would have known the game was being videod and that by making that decision would have come under scrutiny. To say he is a cheat is pretty strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back