Remove this Banner Ad

Squadron82

Senior List
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Real Madrid
HAMAS caught with their pants down building and firing rockets into Israel from within civilian areas, great piece of unbiased journalism as well.

"Gaza: In the minutes before the ceasefire kicked in at Gaza this morning, Hamas fired a flurry of rockets towards Israel - 30 according to some counts.

Israel has argued that that these rockets are fired from civilian areas, and this is why its retaliatory strikes can result in civilian casualties.

But this morning, NDTV witnessed one such rocket silo being created under a tent right next to the hotel where our team was staying. Minutes later, we saw the rocket being fired, just before the 72-hour ceasefire came into effect.

It began with a mysterious tent with a blue canopy that bobbed up yesterday (August 4) at 6:30 am in an open patch of land next to our window. We saw three men making a multitude of journeys in and out of the tent, sometimes with wires.

An hour later, they emerged, dismantled the tent, changed their clothes and walked away.

The next morning - today - we woke to news of the 72-hour ceasefire but just before it was to take effect, the rocket next to our hotel was fired. There was a loud explosion and a whooshing sound. The cloud of smoke that rose was captured by our cameraperson.

This report is being aired on NDTV and published on ndtv.com after our team left the Gaza strip - Hamas has not taken very kindly to any reporting of its rockets being fired. But just as we reported the devastating consequences of Israel's offensive on Gaza's civilians, it is equally important to report on how Hamas places those very civilians at risk by firing rockets deep from the heart of civilian zones."

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/ndtv-exclusive-how-hamas-assembles-and-fires-rockets-571033

This report is being aired on NDTV and published on ndtv.com after our team left the Gaza strip - Hamas has not taken very kindly to any reporting of its rockets being fired. But just as we reported the devastating consequences of Israel's offensive on Gaza's civilians, it is equally important to report on how Hamas places those very civilians at risk by firing rockets deep from the heart of civilian zones."

Don't recall hearing of journalists having to flee Israel before publishing.

This is why so many Palestinian civilians are killed.

No matter which way you look at it, the entire issue starts with Hamas. Lefties like to point out that Hamas are defending* themselves by being subject to a blockade. Well... Why is the blockade there to begin with? Hamas's terrorism.

It's like the world has gone full * with their criticism of Israel (along with their silence against Hamas). Israel are open to criticism for the MISTAKES they make. But they have every right to defend themselves from rocket fire, even when it is fired from civilian locations, provided Israel sends warnings in to the civilian population. Refraining from firing only lets the terrorists win.

It has become normal for idiots (for instance Smiling Buddha on this forum) to even suggest Hamas do not use human shields. Well here is one of the countless examples that they do. Astounding.

It NEVER gets mentioned that Hamas are the ones THREATENING journalists to never film rocket fire, so they only film Israel's strikes - which wins them PR. This causes everyday aussies (without any knowledge on the conflict) to side with the Palestinians. It's quite disappointing.

If I were Israel, I wouldn't be stopping until Hamas were exterminated for the cockroaches that they are.

*By shooting rockets at men, women, children, dogs, whilst firing them from schools, mosques, hospitals. Trying to kill the enemy's civilians, WHILST ALSO trying to get your own civilians killed (to win the PR war) does not sound like 'defending' to me.

• Banned

No matter which way you look at it, the entire issue starts with Hamas. Lefties like to point out that Hamas are defending* themselves by being subject to a blockade. Well... Why is the blockade there to begin with? Hamas's terrorism.

It's like the world has gone full ****** with their criticism of Israel (along with their silence against Hamas). Israel are open to criticism for the MISTAKES they make. But they have every right to defend themselves from rocket fire, even when it is fired from civilian locations, provided Israel sends warnings in to the civilian population. Refraining from firing only lets the terrorists win.

It has become normal for idiots (for instance Smiling Buddha on this forum) to even suggest Hamas do not use human shields. Well here is one of the countless examples that they do. Astounding.

It NEVER gets mentioned that Hamas are the ones THREATENING journalists to never film rocket fire, so they only film Israel's strikes - which wins them PR. This causes everyday aussies (without any knowledge on the conflict) to side with the Palestinians. It's quite disappointing.

If I were Israel, I wouldn't be stopping until Hamas were exterminated for the cockroaches that they are.

*By shooting rockets at men, women, children, dogs, whilst firing them from schools, mosques, hospitals. Trying to kill the enemy's civilians, WHILST ALSO trying to get your own civilians killed (to win the PR war) does not sound like 'defending' to me.

This, using schools, hospitals etc to hide in and fire rockets at Israel shows what type of people they are dealing with. Wonder where all these Muslims are when Muslim terrorist kill innocent people, or kidnap 200 girls, where are they hiding? Funny how I never see them come out into the streets protesting against that.

I think it is clear that Hamas have little regard for civilian life, unfortunately Israel appears to also have little regard. Regardless of the reasons why this puts the Palestinian people (civilians, not Hamas) at risk. I believe the Iron Dome gives the Israeli people the protection needed to allow the IDF to conduct a more precise operation against Hamas.

The problem with this conflict is a sum of both Israel's willingness to inflict collateral damage to defend it's interests, and Hamas's willingness to sacrifice it's people for it's interests. This is made far worse when UN shelters which are there specifically to provide protection to civilians in this kind of situation are caught in the crossfire.

The conflict between Hamas and Israel must not be over-simplified to a conflict between Muslims and Jews.

This, using schools, hospitals etc to hide in and fire rockets at Israel shows what type of people they are dealing with. Wonder where all these Muslims are when Muslim terrorist kill innocent people, or kidnap 200 girls, where are they hiding? Funny how I never see them come out into the streets protesting against that.

There was widespread and near universal condemnation of those gils bein kidnapped from the Islamic comminity.

And why would Muslims protest against Hamas firing rockets into Israel? How many Jews are out there protesting Israel firing 155mm mortar rounds into Gaza?

Please stop.

I think it is clear that Hamas have little regard for civilian life, unfortunately Israel appears to also have little regard. Regardless of the reasons why this puts the Palestinian people (civilians, not Hamas) at risk. I believe the Iron Dome gives the Israeli people the protection needed to allow the IDF to conduct a more precise operation against Hamas.

The problem with this conflict is a sum of both Israel's willingness to inflict collateral damage to defend it's interests, and Hamas's willingness to sacrifice it's people for it's interests. This is made far worse when UN shelters which are there specifically to provide protection to civilians in this kind of situation are caught in the crossfire.

The conflict between Hamas and Israel must not be over-simplified to a conflict between Muslims and Jews.

Great post.

One if the most balanced posts on these forums.

This is what is actually happenening, yet the media only show israel's strikes or the 'collateral damage' WITHOUT the rest of it to put into context.

This is what is infuriating.

It causes neutral people to incorrectly rally their support against Israel.

It would be like the media ONLY SHOWING Hamas beheading, killing and launching rockets at civilians without showing israels responses.

The media are making the public more and more one sided and ignorant, and its frustrating.

Is it because of the growing number of Muslim media consumers? Or because reporters in gaza are threatened with violence from Hamas if they show rockets?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like the world has gone full ****** with their criticism of Israel (along with their silence against Hamas). Israel are open to criticism for the MISTAKES they make. But they have every right to defend themselves from rocket fire, even when it is fired from civilian locations, provided Israel sends warnings in to the civilian population. Refraining from firing only lets the terrorists win.

All that makes perfect sense if you totally ignore the fact Israel is a manufactured "state" which exists in someone else's country.
This is nearly always conveniently ignored.

Its not rocket science (hmm). As knockers of Isreal point out, the kill ratio is way out of whack. All rocket/mortar strikes are mostly symblolic or fishing for a reaction to show the "innocent deaths" on the nightly news.

One side is using force to strengthen its position (and doing a good job), the others only choice is to play the civilian death propaganda angle.

All that makes perfect sense if you totally ignore the fact Israel is a manufactured "state" which exists in someone else's country.
This is nearly always conveniently ignored.

So you favor the Hamas solution of destroying Israel?

Tell me, how long do you think a people need to own/control/live in a place before it's theirs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back