NEAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are looking to join NEAFL 2015 Tipping the following rules apply,

1/ All tips must be in before the game starts.
2/ Failing to put Tips in before the bounce will get the away team (big penalty in this league this year imo)

For everyones information games Start 10:45 AM / Sat 11 Apr

See this link for the fixture round 1, I will put the fixture up two weeks before.

http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?id=3

Good luck all.

NEAFL Bashing has started by some of our our AFL Club supporters.

I see some of the big heads with very poor memories on the Suns NEAFL Board are having a crack once again at the NEAFL Competition, I would remind them (if I was not banned for 12months) once again that they did not win one game last season - Maybe speed had a bit to do with that conundrum or maybe lack of it could have been the problem - Feel free posters to remind them of their woeful 2014 NEAFL Season and also that winning I x practice NAB Cup game does not make them invincible - Bring on the Aspley V Suns game at Graham Road this year, I will be there with bells on to see how much they have or again have not improved!!!!!!!!. One should win some games before one gloats!!!!!!!!!

I am not promoting trolling on their site - I am just promoting the defence of our current NEAFL Competition - So many Good die hard Football Clubs have sacrificed plenty to give these over bearing opinionated blowhard supporters a game to keep their up coming stars, Rookie listed and injury returning players a competition to play in!!!!!!!!! They call for a Reserve side AFL Competition - That's a great concept, why did someone not think about this 6 seasons ago HELLO< HELLO????? But if they the Suns had to fund their own travel and accommodation costs alone, based on their gate receipts, then Gary Junior and the other stars would be paid in canteen coupons, is what they have at the moment not called having their cake and eating it too.

Not that I am gloating, but enough emphasis can't be put on, that a non AFL Reserve NEAFL side won the silverware last year from a very traditional AFL Side who had nothing but praise for the NEAFL concept as it stands at the moment.

Spot on billy very frustrating when they bag the NEAFL and its standard.
Are the local clubs to blame that the Suns didn't not compete at a high standard last year.
I think not very disrespectful if you ask me.

But a lot of these AFL club threads are full of one sided opinions and are simply not worth the effort.

Watched the 2nd half of Suns v southport sat. Obviously a one sided game but to be honest I thought the Sharks weren't too bad given the quality of opposition. No tops ups and plenty of regular top 22 players for the Suns.

NEAFL Web Site:

While it is great that someone or more at the NEAFL Media Office has decided to actually do some work at this point of the season - The new segment of the 20 top U/25 Year Olds to watch this season are the opinions of one or two people who are either close to those players or coaching staff, or what is written is obvious observations based on to date career actions !!!!! When we are told what we already know then it is not news worthy of posting,

Lets get creative in the NEAFL Media Office and start talking to the movers and shakers at each club getting an opinion on why their club will or even maybe will not not improve from last year and the reasons for this.

Player movements are always topical and each club must nearly be ready to submit their final playing roster and one would like to think that this will be posted on the NEAFL website prior to it being leaked to big footy, but then again up until now big footy have been first on all things footy with news up until now.

For what is perceived (The NEAFL) to be now a new member of the very strong 2nd tier AFL Competition throughout Australia, we are a long way of the media service forwarded on our web site compared to the other Australia wide 2nd tier Leagues.

Firstly I'd like to say that it's great to see a senior ACT outfit put together for Sunday's match against the Giants. In what has been an under 23 squad over the past few years l, A mix of AFL Canberra players with the addition of a few Ainslie NEAFL boys should make for a pretty good spectacle. Also a big thanks to Eastlake for supporting the fixture by making all of their players unavailable for the match. The game will be held at Ainslie oval on Sunday at 9:45am

ACT squad to be announced this morning.

Sorry to be a negative nancy on what will obviously be a buzz for the players involved, but I remember when the Giants first came in and this fixture was created pre season as a promotional tool for their inaugural season in the NEAFL (pre AFL days). The game was held mid afternoon at Ainslie oval on a Saturday and attracted a decent crowd which made for a fantastic day for all. From memory I believe the act boys won. Now it appears that the Giants have grown a bit too large for their little ACT brothers and the fixture is appearing to become nothing more than a hinderence for the now AFL Giants. Not only has the game been banished to an early Sunday morning time slot, but the Giants were concerned about the lack of competitiveness the ACT side would have to offer them as a pre season hitout. To the point where they threatened to pull the pin on the game.

It was only four years ago that these canberra clubs that the Giants have threatened to abandon, threw a lot of money their way to get them up and running (which the gladly took). Now the AFL canberra is going through a bit of a tough time due to the re shuffle of the neafl, the Giants seem to want nothing to do with it. Think it's about time to Do what's right for footy in canberra (as opposed to yourself for once) and give something back to those that happily supported yous when things weren't so great

Not sure if this is right as I certainly hope not, but I have seen this on the following link that NT Thunder has some issues, could be way wrong but see link or if anyone knows what this is about can they update?

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov....34092854/507b6838-6b51-492d-8138-5370da7e3d8e
sounds pretty serious, but you can see from the link below that it's just a legal/accounting procedure to tidy up some loose ends.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/local-afl/top-end-club-merges-with-aflnt/story-fnk2to87-1227271507577

Firstly I'd like to say that it's great to see a senior ACT outfit put together for Sunday's match against the Giants. In what has been an under 23 squad over the past few years l, A mix of AFL Canberra players with the addition of a few Ainslie NEAFL boys should make for a pretty good spectacle. Also a big thanks to Eastlake for supporting the fixture by making all of their players unavailable for the match. The game will be held at Ainslie oval on Sunday at 9:45am

ACT squad to be announced this morning.

Sorry to be a negative nancy on what will obviously be a buzz for the players involved, but I remember when the Giants first came in and this fixture was created pre season as a promotional tool for their inaugural season in the NEAFL (pre AFL days). The game was held mid afternoon at Ainslie oval on a Saturday and attracted a decent crowd which made for a fantastic day for all. From memory I believe the act boys won. Now it appears that the Giants have grown a bit too large for their little ACT brothers and the fixture is appearing to become nothing more than a hinderence for the now AFL Giants. Not only has the game been banished to an early Sunday morning time slot, but the Giants were concerned about the lack of competitiveness the ACT side would have to offer them as a pre season hitout. To the point where they threatened to pull the pin on the game.

It was only four years ago that these canberra clubs that the Giants have threatened to abandon, threw a lot of money their way to get them up and running (which the gladly took). Now the AFL canberra is going through a bit of a tough time due to the re shuffle of the neafl, the Giants seem to want nothing to do with it. Think it's about time to Do what's right for footy in canberra (as opposed to yourself for once) and give something back to those that happily supported yous when things weren't so great

TBI,

I also heard this from some ACT friends also.... think the Giants have realised the games have become fruitless in their development and prep as they now have Academy kids playing at good level against other academies and their reserves side is much stronger obviously with list growing in strength year on year.

The ACT side looked very much like a tribute to Belconnen exiting the NEAFL with them dominating selections - I believe a Belconnen person was coach of the side. Many of the players selected were not NEAFL level players so I can see why the Giants would question its value to them as a challenging game.

It is a shame that one of your ACT clubs ( Eastlake ) did not offer any players though, some Syd Uni people informed me that Eastlake wanted to fill a strong side for their trial against Syd uni that weekend and also may have struggled for numbers to fill lower grade trials.... how can a club with so much $$$$ have no player numbers ?

Syd Uni people at game in Canberra suggested it could have been a massacre of 150+ points but Syd Uni's top tier players were rested after half time & Eastlake were poor at best

Despite all the big statements on their website about a new culture, new work ethic , new players, new coach and plenty of $$$$ being thrown around it would seem that Eastlake have not taken 1 step forward. Even worse it sounds like they are not making friends in local Canberra landscape

The fact they have 3 committees, 2 boards , 2.5 footy managers ,a F/time senior coach & about 4 other full time staffers at club totally belies the fact this club cannot get its act together to be a true NEAFL club

I would like to see a movement on this site to have them removed as they are a disgrace ( sorry, Im still hurting from my Eagles having to pull out and makes me sick this club is still in just because they have 300 poker machines)

end rant

TBI,

I also heard this from some ACT friends also.... think the Giants have realised the games have become fruitless in their development and prep as they now have Academy kids playing at good level against other academies and their reserves side is much stronger obviously with list growing in strength year on year.

The ACT side looked very much like a tribute to Belconnen exiting the NEAFL with them dominating selections - I believe a Belconnen person was coach of the side. Many of the players selected were not NEAFL level players so I can see why the Giants would question its value to them as a challenging game.

It is a shame that one of your ACT clubs ( Eastlake ) did not offer any players though, some Syd Uni people informed me that Eastlake wanted to fill a strong side for their trial against Syd uni that weekend and also may have struggled for numbers to fill lower grade trials.... how can a club with so much $$$$ have no player numbers ?

Syd Uni people at game in Canberra suggested it could have been a massacre of 150+ points but Syd Uni's top tier players were rested after half time & Eastlake were poor at best

Despite all the big statements on their website about a new culture, new work ethic , new players, new coach and plenty of $$$$ being thrown around it would seem that Eastlake have not taken 1 step forward. Even worse it sounds like they are not making friends in local Canberra landscape

The fact they have 3 committees, 2 boards , 2.5 footy managers ,a F/time senior coach & about 4 other full time staffers at club totally belies the fact this club cannot get its act together to be a true NEAFL club

I would like to see a movement on this site to have them removed as they are a disgrace ( sorry, Im still hurting from my Eagles having to pull out and makes me sick this club is still in just because they have 300 poker machines)

end rant

ZZZ,

Maybe double check the selected team, 12 Ainslie players, 6 Belconnen players, 4 Tuggeranong players and 2 Queanbeyan players. Hardly seems to be riddled with Belconnen favouritism.

Looking at the squad I would say more than half the team could reasonably be considered at NEAFL standard with a few others able to argue their case. When the game was called off around three quarter time there was only about 3 goals in it from what I've heard. Seems to me like it was a tougher hit out than half of the Giants regular season NEAFL games.

It is not a surprise at all that Eastlake were belted by Uni. They had a very poor year last year and have gone backwards in their player stocks rather than forwards. I will be genuinely surprised if they win a game this year.

I watched the first 1/4. Aspley looked the more likely. 40 points is fairly clear cut but given equal scoring shots probably suggests a competitive match. Sharks winless in pre season and it doesn't get any easier with a strong lions round 1.

I watched the first 1/4. Aspley looked the more likely. 40 points is fairly clear cut but given equal scoring shots probably suggests a competitive match. Sharks winless in pre season and it doesn't get any easier with a strong lions round 1.

Watched the whole game I don't think bock has changed the side from last yr at all
they are still front runners wanted to Attack that is all once aspley applied pressure they couldn't go with them at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the whole game I don't think bock has changed the side from last yr at all
they are still front runners wanted to Attack that is all once aspley applied pressure they couldn't go with them at all.

Yes and no in agreement Ruthless,

On my deductions on the game, I think that both side were a little sloppy on both defence and attack and had Anthony kicked as true as he marked it might have been a little closer, I think it was a game of foxes from both coaches boxes, as both sides IMO sniffed each others weakness's and strengths through out the day, with nothing but feeling about ones selves was on offer at the end of the game - It may have borne a little more difference in complexion if the same game was played again once the season opens up and the real points are up for grabs!!!!!

Yes and no in agreement Ruthless,

On my deductions on the game, I think that both side were a little sloppy on both defence and attack and had Anthony kicked as true as he marked it might have been a little closer, I think it was a game of foxes from both coaches boxes, as both sides IMO sniffed each others weakness's and strengths through out the day, with nothing but feeling about ones selves was on offer at the end of the game - It may have borne a little more difference in complexion if the same game was played again once the season opens up and the real points are up for grabs!!!!!

Did Bocks brother Christian play? Decent sized lad I hear

Round 1
GIANTS V SUNS
Sat 11 Apr 11.15 am Blacktown

AINSLIE V SWANS
Sat 11 Apr 11.30 am Allan Ray Oval

SOUTHPORT V LIONS
Sat 11 Apr 11.45 am *Salk Oval

ASPLEY V EASTLAKE
Sat 11 Apr 1.00 pm Graham Rd

SYDNEY UNI V REDLAND
Sat 11 Apr 2.00 pm Henson Park

* Salk is Palm Beach in the QAFL's home ground. this game is curtain raiser to the Palm Beach v Broadbeach QAFL game.

All tips must be in before the games start.

G'day all looking forward to a cracking neafl 2015.

Early predictions I have NT clearly on top with the biggest improves being syd uni.

Double header at Salk oval to mark the opening of the new changerooms I believe.

Book me in for tipping comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back