Sat 18 Apr 2:00 PM
Alan Ray Oval

NT THUNDER V SOUTHPORT
Sat 18 Apr 6:30 PM
TIO Stadium

ASPLEY V SUNS
Sun 19 Apr 1:30 PM
Graham Road

Just listening to Wayne Carey on tonights AFL game talking about Adam Goodes choosing to play for Swans NEAFL team this weekend Duck was saying it's an embarrassment for an AFL player to play in the NEAFL Comp as this comp as the standard of this comp is much lower than WAFL and SANFL

Just listening to Wayne Carey on tonights AFL game talking about Adam Goodes choosing to play for Swans NEAFL team this weekend Duck was saying it's an embarrassment for an AFL player to play in the NEAFL Comp as this comp as the standard of this comp is much lower than WAFL and SANFL

Bet you duck has never been to a neafl game.

Is he really saying there is much difference between swans v Giants ressies that Goodes is playing and 2 afl reserves teams from vic?

I know there is a difference with the "top ups" but at the moment both the swans and Giants have good numbers on the field so only a couple of top ups used the the best couple of kids are pretty good these days.

I'm not saying the NEAFL is as good as vfl sanfl etc but take out eastlake and it's a pretty good comp

Tips

Swans
Redland
Ainslie
Thunder
Aspley

Tiger G,

The NEAFL, may well be currently Lower in his opinion but these two leagues mentioned are a long way behind the VFL as well - not that this jerk has played to many in any of them to be an expert.

Duck is the last person to be talking about anything regarding standards, he got punted before he had to make a call on playing reserve grade footy for the betterment of his club/s - As Adam has done on this occasion.

At least Adam Goodes can hold his head up as a one Club player, an Australian of the year and a great role model to any young bloke who wishes to play the game - IMO, I think Wayne Carey is very much lacking in all of the departments above.

He (Duck), will always be remembered as a great player on the field - but for his off field achievements - A s**t BLOKE. A pest controllers dream catch!!!!

He along with Greg Norman are equal in being crowned the white ant's of the Century.

Tiger G,

The NEAFL, may well be currently Lower in his opinion but these two leagues mentioned are a long way behind the VFL as well - not that this jerk has played to many in any of them to be an expert.

Duck is the last person to be talking about anything regarding standards, he got punted before he had to make a call on playing reserve grade footy for the betterment of his club/s - As Adam has done on this occasion.

At least Adam Goodes can hold his head up as a one Club player, an Australian of the year and a great role model to any young bloke who wishes to play the game - IMO, I think Wayne Carey is very much lacking in all of the departments above.

He (Duck), will always be remembered as a great player on the field - but for his off field achievements - A s**t BLOKE. A pest controllers dream catch!!!!

He along with Greg Norman are equal in being crowned the white ant's of the Century.

have you watched the sanfl or the vfl. the sanfl is of a much higher standard to the vfl. vfl haven't beaten the sanfl for 8 years in state footy

Last edited:
Yeah i would have thought the same too Damo - NEAFL would be a long way behind both comps I would have thought but so be it. I reckon Goodes is doing the right thing - nothing should be below you as a sportsman imo. And what is his alternative FFS??

Exactly smy what is the alternative, NEAFL should improve as time goes on and it's not a fair comparison to those other leagues. SNAFL and WAFL are Afl dominated states and don't have to contend with Rugby League like Sydney and Brisbane so naturally there standard is way above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have you watched the sanfl or the vfl. the sanfl is of a much higher standard to the vfl. vfl haven't beaten the sanfl for 8 years in state footy

Damo or should I say Duck 2 with your short question and expert OPINION as well,

Yes watched them both many times and they are played as Tiger G has stated in very AFL friendly States to say the least which gives even less credibility to match them up against the VFL and to an extent the NEAFL in my opinion. Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer etc. Has engulfed across Melbourne (the VFL heartland) like never before.

I would say that since the VFL has now encompassed most AFL stand alone second's sides as a part of their competition, simular to the NEAFL with only 4, the WAFL with only 2 and the SANFL with only 2 also, the SANFL falls far behind and the WAFL even further behind the VFL now due to this change in formatting.

I think the Bulldogs Reserves and the Box Hill Hawks played off for the VFL Flag last year - Either of these two VFL sides (at their full permitted strength) IMHO would tear any chosen SANFL or WAFL sides a new place to dump.

Just because the SANFL has beaten the VFL in the last 8 years means that the SANFL have put more emphasise and also pressure on the players selected than the VFL - Please explain in your expert opinion, why the QAFL side caught the WAFL napping a few of years ago and nearly caused the boilover of the Century??????

I feel its all about who makes themselves available to play in these (now days) bragging right's games, where every one gets a free jumper, a team photo, a trip and a ticket to party, all in the name of AFL, at the expense of us the idiot's who pay the over the top entrance fees and Ned Kelly outlaw prices to have a beer, pie or even a bucket of chips while watching our people's game at our selected AFL venues.

Last week Eastlake were hammered by 130 odd, they had the rising star nomination and 4 players in the team of the week...give me a spell....

And Redlands by beating Syd Uni is a massive upset...again, give me a spell

Something interesting is Southport have flown to Darwin late Friday night arriving just after midnight and will be home Sunday morning, it's the way we used to do it but flying to Darwin mid arvo friday. This is the preferred way I think. Clubs now in charge of there own travel north. I take it they just invoice HQ..Business class it is!!!!

Tips
Swans
redlands
ainslie
Nt
Aspley

Damo or should I say Duck 2 with your short question and expert OPINION as well,

Yes watched them both many times and they are played as Tiger G has stated in very AFL friendly States to say the least which gives even less credibility to match them up against the VFL and to an extent the NEAFL in my opinion. Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer etc. Has engulfed across Melbourne (the VFL heartland) like never before.

I would say that since the VFL has now encompassed most AFL stand alone second's sides as a part of their competition, simular to the NEAFL with only 4, the WAFL with only 2 and the SANFL with only 2 also, the SANFL falls far behind and the WAFL even further behind the VFL now due to this change in formatting.

I think the Bulldogs Reserves and the Box Hill Hawks played off for the VFL Flag last year - Either of these two VFL sides (at their full permitted strength) IMHO would tear any chosen SANFL or WAFL sides a new place to dump.

Just because the SANFL has beaten the VFL in the last 8 years means that the SANFL have put more emphasise and also pressure on the players selected than the VFL - Please explain in your expert opinion, why the QAFL side caught the WAFL napping a few of years ago and nearly caused the boilover of the Century??????

I feel its all about who makes themselves available to play in these (now days) bragging right's games, where every one gets a free jumper, a team photo, a trip and a ticket to party, all in the name of AFL, at the expense of us the idiot's who pay the over the top entrance fees and Ned Kelly outlaw prices to have a beer, pie or even a bucket of chips while watching our people's game at our selected AFL venues.
I'd like to know where I was bagging the neafl or suggesting Goodes shouldn't even play this weekend like duck is suggesting.

Norwood would beat most if not all of the vfl teams.

I reckon Carey has been taken out of context a bit here anyway - imo reckon he is basically saying that a guy of Goodes standing in the game should not lower himself to play 2nd tier footy no matter whether that is NEAFL or VFL. In his opinion he should retire rather than go down this track. Not sure he was smashing the NEAFL standard.

I reckon Carey has been taken out of context a bit here anyway - imo reckon he is basically saying that a guy of Goodes standing in the game should not lower himself to play 2nd tier footy no matter whether that is NEAFL or VFL. In his opinion he should retire rather than go down this track. Not sure he was smashing the NEAFL standard.
I think he was trying to prove something. He doesn't need to prove anything or owe something to the game. He's a champion of the game

I'd like to know where I was bagging the neafl or suggesting Goodes shouldn't even play this weekend like duck is suggesting.

Norwood would beat most if not all of the vfl teams.

Damo,

Opinions and opinions and even more opinions are what keeps this thread going and we could debate these for the next 50 infinitive years, at the end of the day it does not matter one iota in the scheme of thing, because the opinions of us the punter, do not rate to anyone but the writer or the reader - I am still shell shocked in seeing what the Richmond Tigers did to a once proud Lion's proud - Don't worry about the standard of the NEAFL, VFL, WAFL and the SANFL I think the AFL has some very serious credibility problems on there own regarding this scenario, I agree that Norwood and even a few others may even smack the Lions Senior side at this point of time - which may be a huge concern for AFL HQ moving forward.

I think he was trying to prove something. He doesn't need to prove anything or owe something to the game. He's a champion of the game

Damo ,

Quite right he does not have to prove anything at all, but he has in his very first outing in the Competition where the great Duck Carey has christened below his standard - By this outing, he has proved without doubt he is truly a great clubman and without doubt a team first player and he obviously holds this word team in the stature that it deserves as bigger than anything else in the game - Unfortunately , unlike many who have put it on the record, on more than one occasion, to say that they will play with any team, any were in the AFL competition, as it is an honour to be drafted no mater who the club is, only to get home sick or have a form slump and find it is not so easy to play reserve grade footy , with no one stroking their over inflated ego's.

Adam Goodes can hold his head up and say he has put the club and the team in which he was selected in first today - This is what makes him a true Champion IMO and not an elitist like so many others who have declined this situation when put into it.

Young players who there are a few, that shirk on their commitment toward their drafted club, IMO should play out their contracted time in the reserves as a reminder to them and therefor show any draftees in the future, that your contract is your word and you are only a tiny part of a cog that must be cohesive to perform to the correct end goal. Dummy spitters and spoilt brats can find another occupation, IMO and this will give the hungry player's who miss out, another opportunity to playing at the elite level of our game!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Last week Eastlake were hammered by 130 odd, they had the rising star nomination and 4 players in the team of the week...give me a spell....

And Redlands by beating Syd Uni is a massive upset...again, give me a spell

Something interesting is Southport have flown to Darwin late Friday night arriving just after midnight and will be home Sunday morning, it's the way we used to do it but flying to Darwin mid arvo friday. This is the preferred way I think. Clubs now in charge of there own travel north. I take it they just invoice HQ..Business class it is!!!!

Tips
Swans
redlands
ainslie
Nt
Aspley

Great call mate it's all about keeping Canberra clubs happy...

Be interesting to see them sook when only one player from Canberra makes the state side

Just got back from an awesome Aspley v Suns game. The Suns almost ran over the top of them. Charlie Dixon is a beast of a man live and a pretty good athlete. Payne from Aspley is awesome. He has so much time to do what he wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back