RD15 v Sydney (BLACKTOWN ISP) 12:00pm Sunday July 12
RD16 v Bye
RD17 v Sydney Uni (BLACKTOWN ISP) 12:00pm Saturday July 25
RD18 v Aspley (METRICON STADIUM) 11:55am Sunday August 2
RD19 v Sydney (TBC) 12:00pm Saturday August 8
RD20 v Brisbane (METRICON STADIUM) 3:40pm Saturday August 15
RD21 v Giants (BLACKTOWN ISP) 10:00am Saturday August 22

So we play
Sydney x4, Brisbane x4, Giants x4, Southport x2, Aspley x1, Sydney Uni x1, Redland x1, Canberra x1

Home games x8, Away games x10

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good sponsor for the NEAFL. Hopefully the lads can stay fit and we can have a crack at the NEAFL premiership.
I'm keeping my eye on a few sports betting agencies
Brisbane would have to be heavy favourites, but I reckon if we are $10+ I'll definitely be jumping on.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Josh Gore
Riley Buckland
Michael Selsb
Corey Joyce
Brandon Rusc

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I went to practice game against Aspley. Win 96 : 37. Listed players involved - Schoenfeld, Burgess, GHS, Corbett, Rosas, Farrar, Towey, Fletcher, C Ellis, Heron, Conroy. No Flanders :(

Plenty of academy kids - a lot them unknown to me. I liked 60 and 62 talls in defense (Johnstone, Nicholls) and 55 running like a Sharp (Corey Joyce). 60 took out Freeman in a massive collision.

Pressure was great, Hornets could not handle it. Rosas an Corbett showed their quality. GHS, Ellis, Schoenfeld are great players - for NEAFL.
Towey is quite popular with a staff. He showed a bit.
Farrar showed some nice things and some silly ones.
Murtagh is a specimen - not sure if he can learn footy but I liked his contest. He went into battle for GHS - got 50m penalty and was probably reported.

Fletcher went down in 3rd qtr and did not returned, limping after the game, should fine probably.

Last edited:

Sunstar

Senior List
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I went to practice game against Aspley. Win 96 : 37. Listed players involved - Schoenfeld, Burgess, GHS, Corbett, Rosas, Farrar, Towey, Fletcher, C Ellis, Heron, Conroy. No Flanders :(

Plenty of academy kids - a lot them unknown to me. I liked 60 and 62 talls in defense (Johnstone, Nicholls) and 55 running like a Sharp (Corey Joyce). 60 took out Freeman in a massive collision.

Pressure was great, Hornets could not handle it. Rosas an Corbett showed their quality. GHS, Ellis, Schoenfeld are great players - for NEAFL.
Towey is quite popular with a staff. He showed a bit.
Farrar showed some nice things and some silly ones.
Murtagh is a specimen - not sure if he can learn footy but I liked his contest. He went into battle for GHS - got 50m penalty and was probably reported.

Fletcher went down in 3rd qtr and did not returned, limping after the game, should fine probably.
What was our starting midfield. Is anyone ready to step up for Sexton if he is not ready for round one

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What was our starting midfield. Is anyone ready to step up for Sexton if he is not ready for round one
Conroy with Schoenfeld, GHS, Fletcher, some academy kids, pretty sure Gore was there, C Ellis sometimes. Corbett looked surprisingly good in his first game. I personally enjoy watching Rosas - he's a talent.

I would say Lemmens, Rankine, Holman are possible replacement for Sexton.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Conroy with Schoenfeld, GHS, Fletcher, some academy kids, pretty sure Gore was there, C Ellis sometimes. Corbett looked surprisingly good in his first game. I personally lenjoy watching Rosas - he's a talent.

I would say Lemmens, Rankine, Holman are possible replacement for Sexton.
I'm a massive Corbett fan and think he'll make it eventually.
What position / role did he play? I prefer him as a 3rd tall hitting up with his large tank.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
What position / role did he play? I prefer him as a 3rd tall hitting up with his large tank.

Agree, if he gets up to AFL speed, would love him as a 3rd tall strong marking fwd, like a Jack Darling type.

Great set of dukes to have in the fwd line, something we are lacking 🤷‍♂️

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
If Lukosius can play back in AFL , surely 2mp can in Neafl.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He played as a main forward. Running all day, still a great leap. He does not shut his mouth both on the field and on the side, constantly yelling what other players should do. I would be a bit annoyed if I am his teammate :)

Murtagh also played forward but he has a long way to go regarding footy smarts but I liked his contest.

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Malcolm Rosas Jnr – Mally played with AFL intensity for 4 quarters. He gave us very good drive with his run and quick reactions which allowed him to be an option for his teammates. He also had a great appetite to chase and tackle which we were really pleased with.

Josh Corbett – One of Josh’s strengths is his endurance and he showed this on the weekend, running at an AFL level. This saw him take lots of marks and be a constant option for defenders and midfielders coming down the ground. His leadership and voice set a great example and helped his teammates.

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/574134/neafl-coaches-comments-practice-match-v-aspley

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
11.18. Good to see our inaccuracy is at 2s level as well!

We're not the only ones with the yips kicking for goal.
In the pre-series , Geelong kicked 7-12, Syd 3-9, Carlton 5-13 ,bless their little hearts, Hawthorn 6-13 and WCE 7-12.

Now we kicked 17-20 and 9-17 in our 2 games.....not real good eh!

But I look at that, and we had 63 scoring shots in our 2 games.

Haw had 44, WCE 41, Geel 35, Carl,34, and Syd 31

I'm so happy with that, not that we kicked 26-37 but the fact we had that many scoring shots....how good would it be if we kicked 37-26....our game plan is working. We just need a bit more accuracy and another pre-season or 2, and look out 2023 and onwards.........time to extend those contracts now.....;)

Back