NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

elong

Senior List
Aug 26, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good call to move into 2012. Lets hear what peoples predictions are for this season.

Premiers-
Wooden Spoon-
Big Improver-
Mulrooney Medal-
Players to watch-

Collingwood_08

Debutant
Jan 26, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree good call. Not too sure about ladder placings at the moment, pretty keen for some trial matches to see how everyone is going. But here are my picks:
Premiers - eastlake
Wooden spoon - Sydney uni
Big improver - Queanbeyan/tuggeranong - both have a good opportunity
Mulrooney medal - brabazon
Players to watch:
Ainslie - crook, walker.
Eastlake - brabazon, Armstrong
Tuggeranong - smith, cleaver
Queanbeyan - Dickinson, klemke
Belconnen - cant say, apologies

elong

Senior List
Aug 26, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like jarrod Atkinson and I think he will be good at QBN. Anyone know why he got delisted?

Apparently belco put all their eggs in one basket trying to attract young Harris from SA and is now coming back to bite them. Feel sorry for them :/

Can someone please put practice games and times on here!

Michael Goiser

Debutant
Jan 14, 2009
Jerrabomberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Good call to move into 2012. Lets hear what peoples predictions are for this season.

Premiers-
Wooden Spoon-
Big Improver-
Mulrooney Medal-
Players to watch-

Premiers - If it's not Qbn, then maybe Eastlake. Bourkey is a good bloke and should do well with a pretty good list. Former premiership coach Guy Cannon as assistant will be handy. As will some of their recruits. Overall NEAFL premiers, NT Thunder to go back to back.

Wooden Spoon - not the type to offer any ammunition to opposition so will keep my thoughts to myself on that one.

Big Improver - Qbn, some very handy recruits and a young list that is learning what it takes to be a premiership team. Showing some good signs in pre-season.

Mulrooney Medal - Brabazon. Quick midfielder with blond hair who will get plenty of touches. Apart from wearing flouro coloured boots there's not much more he could do to get noticed.

Players to watch - Hayden Armstrong (Eastlake) quick mobile big man who's hard to match up on and showed last year he's ready to become a dominant player. Josh Bryce (Qbn) one of the hardest trainers I've seen. Very fit, quick and hard at it. Will have many of the old Tiger faithful singing his praises by the way he plays the game.

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
Premiers - Heart says Qbn, head suggests Sydney Swans

Wooden Spoon - If not one of the Sydney Sides then Belco as I think the other ACT sides have recruited better.

Big Improver - Qbn and Tuggers

Mulrooney Medal - A new recruit

Players to watch - All of them as comp is improving all the time and all players will need to step it up a notch or 2

Dec 5, 2011
Timberland
AFL Club
Carlton
elong;23313494m said:
I like jarrod Atkinson and I think he will be good at QBN. Anyone know why he got delisted?

Apparently belco put all their eggs in one basket trying to attract young Harris from SA and is now coming back to bite them. Feel sorry for them :/

Can someone please put practice games and times on here!

I believe belco are playing a praci match against ANU on the 17th in what is shaping up to be a tough encounter with both sides having equal amount of players who can actually kick drop punts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

elong

Senior List
Aug 26, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks for the info on the practice games. Ainslie played an intraclub during the week. Anyone got any news on that? New Belco coach Lokan kicked 10 majors in their intraclub. Lokan going to dominate or lack of defenders for belco? The smell of that devon on his head must have scared the defenders away. ;)

Dec 5, 2011
Timberland
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow how do the Belco people assess that ? Lokan would have that dancing with his sister feeling .... high fiving his dad over the dinner table for dobbing 10, then sitting down looking at the magnets on the whiteboard scratching his head:confused:

seen lokan play throughout the foxtel cup last season, does have a bit of an old man look about him, does anyone know how old he actually is?

Watcher 22

Debutant
Jul 27, 2010
The Coast Road
AFL Club
Richmond
I know they were asked for the alternative jumper designs and Ive seen a couple from QLD teams, so I'm thinking yes.

Pre-season games - there is a schedule on NEAFL site

Goss alot

Draftee
Nov 3, 2009
act
AFL Club
Richmond
Any truth to the rumour some QBN boys had a scuffle with some Belconnen boys at a popular Canberra night spot recently? Mostly 2's players from what i hear.

NorWest

Debutant
Sep 28, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Wow how do the Belco people assess that ? Lokan would have that dancing with his sister feeling .... high fiving his dad over the dinner table for dobbing 10, then sitting down looking at the magnets on the whiteboard scratching his head:confused:

Lokan's definately looking the goods so far, both in his coaching and playing roles. Although alot will come down to the service he gets from the midfield.

Dess was a great injection to our forward line last year but the delivery killed him. With some better ball coming in he is definately a potential rep player and could be a good combination with Lokan...

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
Nice to have you back NW, hopefully honesty was part of the NY resolutions out North. ;)

Just on Lokan I wonder how he feels about his sides prospects after kicking 10 in a intra club?

As a player you would be stoked, but as the coach should you be concerned?

Obviously the guy can play which helped him and I assume he got some good ball from some excellent build up work down the ground, but there must be some weakness in defence for him to dominate so unsure what to make of it TBH.

Guessing its a little out of column A, B and C but not quite sure he would be wrapped from a coaches perspective about kicking 10.

Just a thought.

Dec 5, 2011
Timberland
AFL Club
Carlton
Queanbo made light work of tuggaz today in a trial. Tigers looked like a stronger unit and could surprise a few sides this year. Looks like it could be a long year for tuggaz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back