NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

how many did kav end up with?? atkinson standout??

In what can only be a good sign for this year's depth, neither Kav or Atkinson played in yesterday's comfortable win.

I think Kav has only just gotten back from Darwin, while Atkinson is likely to play in next week's trial against St Albans.

We also lost big Ben Klemke in the first minute or two. He was the dominant forward in an intra-club game last week so will also add to the firepower when he gets his chance.

In what can only be a good sign for this year's depth, neither Kav or Atkinson played in yesterday's comfortable win.

I think Kav has only just gotten back from Darwin, while Atkinson is likely to play in next week's trial against St Albans.

We also lost big Ben Klemke in the first minute or two. He was the dominant forward in an intra-club game last week so will also add to the firepower when he gets his chance.

To be honest you are absolutely kidding yourself bud, the tigers will not be anywhere near it this year, with the top four to remain Ainslie, Sydney, UWS and Eastlake.
AFL teams are obvious to be strong and participate at the business end but with the tri colours again being to be the team to beat with guys like rob tohey and marcus crook maturing and eastlake picking up guys like brabazon it's hard to see any of the other teams, sydney hills and sydney uni including being anywhere around the mark.

Queanbo would surely still be fractured from last years debacle and I'm guessing hiring a 21 year old coach just to draw a couple of scrub recruits from country victoria wouldn't have done much to fix the culture.
All I can say is enjoy another battling in struggle town as yous will be lucky not to finish bottom.

Yours truly

Interesting way to introduce yourself to BF LBJ.

Dont believe Michael Goiser mentioned anything about being near it at all.

He touched on a few players that were asked about who did not play and that hardly qualifies as Qbn staking a claim on top 4.

You may need to read the post a few times before having a crack at it.

Welcome anyways and hope to read more accurate posts in the future:thumbsu:

Nice to have you back NW, hopefully honesty was part of the NY resolutions out North. ;)

Just on Lokan I wonder how he feels about his sides prospects after kicking 10 in a intra club?

As a player you would be stoked, but as the coach should you be concerned?

Obviously the guy can play which helped him and I assume he got some good ball from some excellent build up work down the ground, but there must be some weakness in defence for him to dominate so unsure what to make of it TBH.

Guessing its a little out of column A, B and C but not quite sure he would be wrapped from a coaches perspective about kicking 10.

Just a thought.

I guess to take away from both sides of the argument this match, like most intra clubs, was about trying a few different things. The defenders playing on him aren't guys who would normally be playing in defence or even perhaps in the firsts.

Definately too much made out of it. Not enough for us to be banking on an 80 goal year from Lokan, nor going into panic stations about our defence...

Also comprehensive win by the boys over Sydney Uni on the weekend. Good to have a look at the new guys on the block.

I think the same can be said for the queanbeyan v tuggers game norwest. Both teams trying new combinations and most likely first hitouts will count for very little come first round. Was impressed with some of the other young tigers as well in jolliffe, jennings and overs.

To be honest you are absolutely kidding yourself bud, the tigers will not be anywhere near it this year, with the top four to remain Ainslie, Sydney, UWS and Eastlake.
AFL teams are obvious to be strong and participate at the business end but with the tri colours again being to be the team to beat with guys like rob tohey and marcus crook maturing and eastlake picking up guys like brabazon it's hard to see any of the other teams, sydney hills and sydney uni including being anywhere around the mark.

Queanbo would surely still be fractured from last years debacle and I'm guessing hiring a 21 year old coach just to draw a couple of scrub recruits from country victoria wouldn't have done much to fix the culture.
All I can say is enjoy another battling in struggle town as yous will be lucky not to finish bottom.

Yours truly

Queanbeyan look ok and should be competitive. With obvious improvements from last year. east lake will be a good side like most years.

You are a massive dick hole le born Jim

I guess to take away from both sides of the argument this match, like most intra clubs, was about trying a few different things. The defenders playing on him aren't guys who would normally be playing in defence or even perhaps in the firsts.

Definately too much made out of it. Not enough for us to be banking on an 80 goal year from Lokan, nor going into panic stations about our defence...

Also comprehensive win by the boys over Sydney Uni on the weekend. Good to have a look at the new guys on the block.

Sydney Uni are yet to play a practice match NorWest

Queanbeyan look ok and should be competitive. With obvious improvements from last year. east lake will be a good side like most years.

You are a massive dick hole le born Jim

First time poster....

So my tips for this year.

Premiers - Sydney Swans (they'll beat GWS in the final)

Top 5 sides - Sydney Swans, GWS, Eastlake, Ainslie and Belconnen.

Mulrooney Medal - I just hope it goes to a Canberra player.

Player to watch this year Brebazon (Eastlake)

I'm excited for the season ahead.

Norwest meant Uni of Sydney Bulldogs not Sydney Uni who are the Uni side in the NEAFL this year. Belconnen did have a good win but the Bulldogs were not one of the top sides last year in Sydney. Belconnen plays Sydney Hills this Saturday in Sydney (weather permitting) will be a stronger test as Sydney Hills have been the best side in Sydney and they have picked up some handy players according to reports. Will not know if Belconnen are to be an improved side this year until they play the likes of Ainslie and Eastlake.

Interesting way to introduce yourself to BF LBJ.

Dont believe Michael Goiser mentioned anything about being near it at all.

He touched on a few players that were asked about who did not play and that hardly qualifies as Qbn staking a claim on top 4.

You may need to read the post a few times before having a crack at it.

Welcome anyways and hope to read more accurate posts in the future:thumbsu:

ABH I have read through lasts years thread and have noticed that you talk absolute rubbish on here. Get a grip jerk
Queanbo will struggle

regards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norwest meant Uni of Sydney Bulldogs not Sydney Uni who are the Uni side in the NEAFL this year. Belconnen did have a good win but the Bulldogs were not one of the top sides last year in Sydney. Belconnen plays Sydney Hills this Saturday in Sydney (weather permitting) will be a stronger test as Sydney Hills have been the best side in Sydney and they have picked up some handy players according to reports. Will not know if Belconnen are to be an improved side this year until they play the likes of Ainslie and Eastlake.

Wow !! Norwest is switched on - he thinks the Uni Bulldogs are the new team in NEAFL - I think future posts can be taken ' with a grain of salt ' attitude by other readers from here on - fingers crossed u are only an observer like u say but it seems u know a bit and are involved somehow - that's scary :eek:

You may have to reconsider pencilling in a couple wins given they were a completely different club in a completely different comp ;)

Word from AFL NSW/ACT is that the curtain raiser at Bruce Purser is Already in danger -solid rain Thursday will see the match moved or cancelled

Hey Norwest - any idea who Syd Hills are ???

Wow !! Norwest is switched on - he thinks the Uni Bulldogs are the new team in NEAFL - I think future posts can be taken ' with a grain of salt ' attitude by other readers from here on - fingers crossed u are only an observer like u say but it seems u know a bit and are involved somehow - that's scary :eek:

You may have to reconsider pencilling in a couple wins given they were a completely different club in a completely different comp ;)

Word from AFL NSW/ACT is that the curtain raiser at Bruce Purser is Already in danger -solid rain Thursday will see the match moved or cancelled

Hey Norwest - any idea who Syd Hills are ???

Got me. My bad.

Was pretty happy with the effort anyway! I guess this week will be a better indication!

Because of on-field results? I wouldn’t think so.

I would be more for the financial state of the club. I have no idea what they are but I have heard that the NEAFL has criteria that clubs have to tick off and I doubt tuggers will tick those financial boxes.

Well that was my thinking yeah - just won't have the money to go on too much longer. Will probably win four or five games again this year.

Re; the rest of your post. Ainslie, Belconnen, Queanbeyan and Eastlake all get a substantial component of their football budget from their licenced premises. Where would affiliation and football department funding come from for a 'Southern Canberra Griffons' or 'North Canberra Commuters'.

While I'm sure it's something the AFL would like to see, unless they are going to cherry pick the sides (for arguments sake Eastlake and Ainslie) who go into a revised NEAFL it just wouldn't work.

Fair point. Can see in the short term tugg dropping out of neafl and the four cashed up clubs remaining.
Can't see mergers etc - unless forced. Belco ainslie qbyn and eastlake all make enough $ from clubs to remain competitive.
Only issue will be when the Pre commitment trial kicks in in act. Could be good news for the tigers!
Wagga in neafl will be difficult - they'll need to put rivalries aside and form a combined side. Tigers never really worked in the actafl as the travel became an issue. Robertson oval is also too small!

Hey Gois, I notice you were one of the runners on the weekend, are you doing that for the season or assist coaching?

I noticed last season that the northern conference had a tipping comp last year. Might be a good idea for this forum. Thoughts? Who would be in?

Hey Gois, I notice you were one of the runners on the weekend, are you doing that for the season or assist coaching?

Hi Youdogs - If the old legs stay sound I will be one of the runners all year, as well as having a bit of a coaching role - primarily with the back line again. I ran for the last few games last year and was keen to be out there running around again (if what I do can be called "running") so I put my hand up for the job.

To all who were curious - the reason for ABH's red card was that somewhere on this site there is a thread that gives instructions about how to embed a youtube clip with your post. ABH overlooked a note saying not to test the instructions on that particular thread and was red carded for it until next week.

I'm surprised that no-one has posted the rumour about ABH pulling the boots on for Harman Div 3. I can confirm that it's true - kind of!! He has been training a couple of times, but at this stage doesn't intend playing.

I presume confirmation of that rumour will open the flood gates for a barage of comments for him to respond to when he gets back on here next week. Let the fun begin!!!

Fair point. Can see in the short term tugg dropping out of neafl and the four cashed up clubs remaining.
Can't see mergers etc - unless forced. Belco ainslie qbyn and eastlake all make enough $ from clubs to remain competitive.
Only issue will be when the Pre commitment trial kicks in in act. Could be good news for the tigers!
Wagga in neafl will be difficult - they'll need to put rivalries aside and form a combined side. Tigers never really worked in the actafl as the travel became an issue. Robertson oval is also too small!

Tuggers would be fine if they got the leg up that Sydney Hills and Uni Syd have received. i mean having a football manager paid for, plus payments for former AFL players would be handy to any club. From what people have told me when they come in the shop is that the AFL contribution to having them in the comp is something like $150,000 per team. From what i know if the hawks with their hard working committee, doing enough to keep the side very competitive an extra injection of money to that extent would make them potential finalists.

However the long term vision of the comp is to have 2 teams from Canberra so that they can play against AFL clubs without restrictions on player numbers, and number of listed players on the field etc.

For mine that would be Ainslie and Eastlake. it would take a while for the academies to filter the kids into those clubs but from what i have been told if the players in the ACT want a pathway them they will need to play in NEAFL and that will be hard when there is only 2 x teams from the ACT.

happy to hear anyone elses opinion on format.

Hey Gois

First you take ABH,s running job,then you dobb him in for training with Harman .The wickerslack wonderer will be after you if your not careful;)And just for the record Harman are in div2 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back